The Curse Has Not Been Reversed!

marconj

ONE LAST TIME

WHO THE FUCK CARES HOW MUCH IS SPENT

BOSTON AND NEWYORK COULD SPEND DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR

it doesnt matter

obviously since the yanks havt won a wotrd series since 2000

money doesnt buy chapionships

SO ONCE AND FOR ALL DROP THE FUCKIN SUBJECT OF PAYROLL!

I'm not talking about payroll as much as I am about buying players. There is a subtle difference. Here's an extreme example. As we all know the Yanks have and always will have the highest payroll in the game. So if / when we win championships we are accused of buying them. The last 3-4 years people would be correct in that assumption because we went out and got players like Giambi, Moose, etc... However, from 96-00 we won mainly because of our home grown players with a minor trade / signing. So to say we bought the championships then would be innaccurate. A team could fill its roster with 25 free agents for 2 million apiece. If that team won a WS, despite spending only $50 million total on their team (Which is not a lot in baseball) that team would have bought a championship... That was the point I was trying to make.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we all better hope that money does buy a ring or we will not get another one ever.

I keep looking through the transaction wire for baseball for something like:

"George Steinbrenner & Satan have agreed to a 4 year contract extension through 2008..."

ONE LAST TIME

WHO THE FUCK CARES HOW MUCH IS SPENT

BOSTON AND NEWYORK COULD SPEND DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR

it doesnt matter

obviously since the yanks havt won a wotrd series since 2000

money doesnt buy chapionships

SO ONCE AND FOR ALL DROP THE FUCKIN SUBJECT OF PAYROLL!

Yet again, I concur - give it up on the payroll issue.

Cause if you believe so dead strong on it, then if you guys win the World Series, it was all because of payroll considering you spend about $45 million more than St. Louis does so you BOUGHT the title. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:zzz: :zzz:

Yet again, I concur - give it up on the payroll issue.

Cause if you believe so dead strong on it, then if you guys win the World Series, it was all because of payroll considering you spend about $45 million more than St. Louis does so you BOUGHT the title. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:zzz: :zzz:

I :heart: you :)

waaaaa waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaa

and if the yanks were in it would be 100 million more.

BUt i really do not care just let georgie keep on spending on those guys lose draft picks and have a bare farm system. Sounds good to me.

I wonder who the yanks are going pay to take vasquez next year? and brown?

I read that today.

My ideas on moves:

Sign Beltran, move Williams to permanent DH.

Sign Pedro, just for fun.

Trade Vasquez, Sturze, and a few others for Randy Johnson.

Sign Victor Zambrano.

Re-sign Olerud in case Giambi needs a day off. But JG should be healthy next year.

Pick up another lefty for the bullpen.

The Yankees didn't really make "small trades" 96-00. Knoblauch was a great 2nd-basemen when they traded for him. They traded for Clemens. Traded for Cone. Signed Wells, Brosius, and always picked up an aging veteran at the trading deadline who was overpaid to come off the bench.

The Yankees didn't really make "small trades" 96-00. Knoblauch was a great 2nd-basemen when they traded for him. They traded for Clemens. Traded for Cone. Signed Wells, Brosius, and always picked up an aging veteran at the trading deadline who was overpaid to come off the bench.

I forgot about Knoblauch so you got me there. They got Clemens but they had to give up Wells and Lloyd who was a nice lefty out of the pen at the time so they gave up value to get him. Cone they got prior to 96 and Brosius was more or less an afterthought. Wells was a solid starter but I never considered him a star. What I meant was that from 96-00 they never really signed a superstar like Moose or Giambi or traded 454564594564 prospects for a superstar. Every team makes the small to mid range signings and trades..

you know that you gave up milton and cristian guzman for knobby right? A good starter(lefty?) for a second baseman. That was not a good trade.

Guzman is solid but I don't think Milton is a good pitcher at all. He's had only one or two good years. (at least ERA wise) If Knoby had performed up to his Minnesota standards it would have been a great trade...

yeah and if that girl sucked my balls then paying for dinner would of been worth it.

milton would of been pretty good for you guys this year, and guzman is a pretty ss that would of been trade bait a long time ago, probably for something better then a second baseman who could not throw to first.

yeah and if that girl sucked my balls then paying for dinner would of been worth it.

milton would of been pretty good for you guys this year, and guzman is a pretty ss that would of been trade bait a long time ago, probably for something better then a second baseman who could not throw to first.

The throwing thing happened here. He didn't have that problem in Minnesota. If you look at his career in Minny, I think anyone would do that trade at the time..

i do not know about ever ever ever ever ever ever trading a lefty pitching prospect for a second baseman. ever

unless you are the mets gm, and we can thak him for putting kashmir in our division next year. He will be better then santana.

My ideas on moves:

Sign Beltran, move Williams to permanent DH.

Sign Pedro, just for fun.

Trade Vasquez, Sturze, and a few others for Randy Johnson.

Sign Victor Zambrano.

Re-sign Olerud in case Giambi needs a day off. But JG should be healthy next year.

Pick up another lefty for the bullpen.

I agree with most of those moves... But out of curiosity why would you toss Sturtze?

I agree with what this guy had to say in the NY POST Yesterday...

Manhattan

Did the Yankees really expect the Curse of the Babe to come to their rescue the day after the city showed off its plan to replace Yankee Stadium — the House that Ruth Built?

If simply trading Babe Ruth caused 86 years of misery for the Red Sox, how many years of frustration can the Yankees expect if they tear down the stadium he built for them?

The Yankees' historic 2004 post-season meltdown will be but a taste of what's to come if they antagonize the Babe anymore.

Cities all over the country spend millions trying to recreate that old-time ballpark atmosphere.

We have the real thing here, plus a century's worth of baseball history and mythology.

Don't throw it away so some politician can slap his name on a new building. George Burles

THEY SHOULD NEVER MOVE TO A NEW STADIUM!!!

Plans show that they want to change the seating in the stadium from approx 55,000 + Seats and a number of Luxary Suites. To a Stadium with only 50,000 seats and 80 Luxary Suites. And no retractible roof. What the fuck is that all about.

Georgie you are starting to PISS US THE FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!

KEEP YANKEE STADIUM ALIVE... I SAY ALL YANKEE FANS SHOULD SIGN A PETITION.

I agree with the writer fully on the article about Yankee Stadium.... The stadium is so rich with history, it'd be a real shame if they tear it down or move the team..

Reason for 5,000 seats less and 80 luxury suites = pure greed.

If money is the issue, then just make some adjustments or additions to the original Yankee stadium.... but don't destroy the house Babe built, along with the history within those century old walls....

It is definately all money. But the man is going to lose the Die Hard Fans that fight to get tickets year after year. And you are going to replace them with luxary suites that will be taken up by large companies who just give out these sweets to the ritzy rich fuckers who care more about Luxary and services than they do about the team.

He is going to take 5,000 seats out of the stadium and make it that much harder to get tickets for games.

I have been digging high and low for more information on the plans. And as CP is my witness. If it seems more and more that these plans may go through I will be the first at the stadium to protest. And I will have to start a petition to Georgie himself... I will Boycott damn it!!!

You know I have been going to Yankee Stadium for years. I have sat everywhere from the absolute last seat at the top left field tier reserved seats. All the way down to Field Champion seats 3 rows off the field. There is just something in that stadium that brings such an energy. One day I want to bring my kid/kids to that stadium. With the white facade, monument park, the retired numbers. Everything about that place is incredibel...

Yankee Stadium

New York, NY

One word can describe Yankee Stadium, historical. Since its opening, Yankee Stadium has been home to more Hall of Famer’s, and more than two dozen World Championship teams, than any other stadium ever built. The New York Yankees then known as the New York Highlanders (1903-1912), began playing at 16,000 seat Hilltop Park in 1903. The team played at Hilltop Park until after the 1912 season, when the lease expired. The team then accepted an invitation to play at Polo Grounds, where the New York Giants played. With the move to Polo Grounds, the Highlanders changed their name to the Yankees. However, the team spent only ten years at Polo Grounds. With the Yankees’ Babe Ruth setting homerun records, and the Yankees drawing more fans than the Giants, the Giants served an eviction notice to the Yankees in 1921, that began after the 1922 season.

Immediately the Yankees’ owners began looking for land to build a new ballpark on. A 10 acre site, less than a mile from Polo Grounds in the Bronx was bought to build the stadium on. Designed by Osborn Engineering, originally the plan was for a triple-decked stadium, with grandstands circling the entire field. But because the stadium seemed to foreboding, the original plans were scaled back. Instead, the ballpark became the first to have three tiers of seating consisting of 58,000 seats. It was also the first ballpark to be called a stadium because of its enormous size. Construction of the stadium began on May 5, 1922. The stadium was built of mainly steel and concrete. The triple decked grandstand extended behind homeplate and up the base lines. The lower deck continued until it met the wooden bleachers behind the outfield fence. A 15-foot copper facade was erected to adorn the stadium's third deck, which became one of the stadium's most recognized and grandest features. The scoreboard was located beyond the bleachers, in right field. Completed in only 284 days, opening day came on April 18, 1923. The ballpark was given the name Yankee Stadium. Original dimensions at Yankee Stadium were 295 ft. (right), 490 ft. (center), and 281 ft. (left). Centerfield became known as "Death Valley" because of its distance from homeplate.

It was only several years before any changes took place at Yankee Stadium. The triple decked grandstand was extended into left field in 1928, and the same extension was completed down the right field line in 1937. Concrete bleachers replaced the wooden bleachers beyond the outfield fence. With the addition of the grandstands, the capacity of Yankee Stadium, grew to 80,000, but soon dropped to the 70,000’s. The first of many monuments and plaques was added in 1932. This area became known as "Monument Park" in fair territory in dead center field, when a monument to former manager Miller Huggins was erected. Monuments of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, and others were erected in years following 1932. Night baseball came to Yankee Stadium on May 28, 1946. A new scoreboard was installed in 1959. Other sports, such as boxing and football were played at Yankee Stadium until the early 1970's.

In the early 1970’s Yankee Stadium began showing its age. In 1971, Yankees owner Mike Burke, began talking about building a new stadium in New Jersey. But the mayor of New York City, John Lindsay announced that the city would buy and renovate Yankee Stadium. The city bought the stadium for $24 million in 1972. The same year, George Steinbrenner bought the team. The Yankees played in Yankee Stadium for one more year, before drastic changes were made.

Renovations to Yankee Stadium began immediately after the 1973 season. While Yankee Stadium was renovated, the Yankees played at Shea Stadium, home of the New York Mets. Parts of Yankee Stadium were completely demolished. Changes were made to eliminate posts and columns, which supported the upper deck. The copper facade atop the upper deck was removed, and replicated at the top of a new scoreboard, which runs from center field to right field. New 22 inch blue plastic seats replaced old 18 inch wooden green seats, thus reducing the capacity to 54,000. New luxury suites and concessions were added, along with the remodeling of the press box and restrooms. To eliminate climbs to the third level, escalators and elevators were added to parts of the exterior of the stadium. The exterior of Yankee Stadium was repainted, and a 138 foot tall replica of a Louisville Slugger baseball bat was placed near the entrance of the stadium. After two years of renovations Yankee Stadium was finally ready to reopen.

Yankee Stadium reopened on April 15, 1976. The stadium went from being known as "The House that Ruth Built" to "The House Steinbrenner Rebuilt". The thing which most people noticed, was that the monuments in centerfield were no longer there. They had been moved to "Monument Park" behind the centerfield wall. Since the late 1970's very few changes have taken place at Yankee Stadium. The stadium still remains the home to many great ballplayers, and an excellent place to see a game. Since its opening in 1923, Yankee Stadium has been home to 26 World Championship teams. In December of 2001, the Yankees and the City of New York tentatively agreed to build a new retractable roof stadium, adjacent to Yankee Stadium. However since the agreement, plans have been pushed back.

yankee710.jpg

yankee719.jpg

yankee712.jpg

yankee704.jpg

yankee716.jpg

yankee715.jpg

yankee701.jpg

yankee703.jpg

yankee709.jpg

yankee7233.jpg

yankee7077.jpg