Clubplanet Nightlife Community

very important apple networking help... who knows apples here~!?

dgmodel

who here knows apples~!? im trying to get an apple 9.2 connected on a network and i am having trouble accessing the server... it connects to the net, i see its private ip, and isp ip... i have appletalk enabled, i have ethernet connect enabled, but it just wont see the server... who can help me out here~!? if you get me through this my treat at happy hour of your choice...

whoever responds with i know atomicapples or some shit is going to get negative rep.points lol...

maybe you need to add the dns. you can get it off a PC that is connected by going to a command prompt and typing winipcfg or something. i havent had to do any type of networking in so long i barely remember. everything is automatic these days it seems.

who the hell uses mac 9.2 anymore anyway??? upgrade already ;)

maybe you need to add the dns. you can get it off a PC that is connected by going to a command prompt and typing winipcfg or something. i havent had to do any type of networking in so long i barely remember. everything is automatic these days it seems.

:drool:

i have X on another mac... walk me through that...

its too hard to say without knowing your setup. is their an actual machine youre trying to connect through or just a router? if it is a machine, you should just go buy a 40 dollar router from bestbuy and hook it up, then your problems will be over.

all you have to do is:

set the address of the router where is says gateway in the preferences (X desktop > the apple > system preferences > network)

set it to DHCP

the router address is usually 192.168.1.1 or something like that, maybe .0.1

:type:

hit the apple key (the clover looking one) and the letter "K" at the same time.

a window will pop up. this is going to tell you what server to connect to. if you are networking, or if it is on your own, you will have an IP number come up. what may be happening to you is that you used a diffrent IP number (sever) before and the computer may not know you are connecting to a new one. it will always save your prior IP addresses from the past.

two or three sets of IP numbers will come up...pick the one you are not using and connect using that number....hope it helps.

p.s. working from a 9.2, may be keeping you from connecting with the other networks because you are running from such an old system.....

:type:

hit the apple key (the clover looking one) and the letter "K" at the same time.

a window will pop up. this is going to tell you what server to connect to. if you are networking, or if it is on your own, you will have an IP number come up. what may be happening to you is that you used a diffrent IP number (sever) before and the computer may not know you are connecting to a new one. it will always save your prior IP addresses from the past.

two or three sets of IP numbers will come up...pick the one you are not using and connect using that number....hope it helps.

p.s. working from a 9.2, may be keeping you from connecting with the other networks because you are running from such an old system.....

thank you, going to see if this works on monday...