Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Well, I'm looking forward to this off season.

calebdead

lmao

funny how everyone goes nuts about left handed pitchers

look at the Red Sox staff....notice there are no lefties in that rotation?

True but you also have a pitcher who can appareantly pitch better with one ankle than 2. Not going nutz about it but IMO if we can get a good lefty starter and a lefty mid relief it would be a big plus.

1b - Giambi - 7 years @ 17.2 million year

2002: $8.0M (+$17.0M signing bonus paid over 6 years)

2003: $9.0M

2004: $10.0M

2005: $11.0M

2006: $18.0M

2007: $21.0M

2008: $21.0M

2009: Team option $22.0M or $5.0M buyout

3b A- Rod (last year's Gold Glove ShortStop) 10 years at 25.2 million year

2001: $21.0M (+$10.0M signing bonus paid between 2001-5)

2002: $21.0M*

2003: $21.0M~

2004: $21.0M~

2005: $25.0M*

2006: $25.0M*

2007: $27.0M*

2008: $27.0M~

2009: $27.0M~

2010: $27.0M~

ss Jeter 10 years at 18.9 million year

2001: $11.0M (+$16.0M signing bonus paid over 8 years)

2002: $13.0M

2003: $14.0M

2004: $17.0M

2005: $18.0M

2006: $19.0M

2007: $20.0M

2008: $20.0M

2009: $20.0M

2010: $21.0M

but this is what the yanks will pay arod

2004: 14

2005: 14

2006: 14

2007: 15

2008: 16

2009: 17

2010: 18

2011: Free Agency. Yankees owe $4M in deferred salary ($1M interest free for each of the first 4 years of the deal)

Are you the one they call google boy?

no but i try

here is the arod payout

pay R Y

2001 $23 $23 $0

2002 $23 $23 $0

2003 $23 $23 $0

2004 $23 $6 $17

2005 $27 $10 $17

2006 $25 $10 $15

2007* $27 $11 $16

2008* $27 $11 $16

2009* $27 $10 $17

2010 $27 $9 $18

Total $252 $136 $116

i think Eric milton will get an offer to be back in pinstripes and Leiter will get a call as he seems to have worn out his welcome in flushing and they are looking to get rid of all the "old guard" on that team LEiter/franco/piazza etc.

I hope not...

I hope not...

on both?

or just AL

i know he is only a 6 inning pitcher at htis point but its because he cant overpower anyone so he is constantly going to 3-2 on hitters , but the guys still got great stuff and is a leader who loves Newyork and CAN pitch here in NY , ill take em

and Milton???

on both?

or just AL

i know he is only a 6 inning pitcher at htis point but its because he cant overpower anyone so he is constantly going to 3-2 on hitters , but the guys still got great stuff and is a leader who loves Newyork and CAN pitch here in NY , ill take em

and Milton???

I just think we need pitchers that are gonna be around more than a year or two. As of right now, the only locks we have are Moose and Leiber. I'd like to see them give Vasquez another shot rather than trade him somewhere else. Leiter is a decent stop gap guy for a year or two. Like you said, he is gritty and a leader. I don't like Milton at all. The guy had an ERA of just under 5 in the NL... Thats about a 6 in the AL. If you look up his career stats (I'm too lazy to post them) He's just not very good. I'd much rather roll the dice with Halsey...

Here's an interesting read.

From Yahoo Sports:

If I'm the Yankees, I'm not trading the best of my meager prospect crop for the Diamondbacks' Randy Johnson, who will be 42 next September. I'm not overpaying for the Marlins' Carl Pavano, a free agent who became a success only recently. And I'm sure not getting excited about signing the Red Sox's Pedro Martinez, who this past season allowed a career-high 26 homers and posted a career-high 3.90 ERA.

If I'm the Yankees, I want A's righthander Tim Hudson.

Hudson, 29, will be a free agent after next season. The A's might trade him if they can't extend his contract. And Hudson almost certainly will want a deal of at least five years and a higher salary than last offseason's most expensive free-agent pitcher, Bartolo Colon, who is making an average of $12.75 million per year.

Think the A's tightfisted ownership will pay that?

I don't.

True, the A's recently granted third baseman Eric Chavez a six-year, $66 million extension. True, they figure to keep at least one of their Big Three starting pitchers long-term. True, Hudson would appear the most logical investment -- lefthanders Barry Zito and Mark Mulder, eligible to become free agents in 2006, are coming off mediocre seasons.

The industry-wide assumption is that the A's will retain Hudson and trade Zito and/or lefthander Mark Redman. General manager Billy Beane consistently has allowed his free agents to play out their contracts, acquiring only draft picks for former MVPs such as Jason Giambi and Miguel Tejada. But imagine what Hudson might bring in a trade at a time when the free-agent market is littered with mainly Nos. 3 and 4 starters.

And imagine what the Yankees might do to get him.

They're short on the young, affordable talent the A's would want in a deal for Hudson. But Beane and Yankees G.M. Brian Cashman are creative enough to concoct a three- or four-team extravaganza to make it all work, provided owner George Steinbrenner doesn't reassign Cashman to a storage closet in the team's Tampa offices in the wake of the Yankees' historic collapse in the American League Championship Series.

The Yankees then would sign Hudson to the contract he wants, and this time they wouldn't be getting another Javier Vazquez. Hudson has spent his entire career in the more hitter-friendly A.L., pitching frequently under pennant-race and postseason pressure. His .702 winning percentage is the third-highest all-time among pitchers with 100 or more decisions, trailing only Spud Chandler at .717 and Martinez at .705. Hudson probably would be the leader with greater run support; his record is 75-2 when the A's score four or more runs in his starts.

Again, he won't sign cheaply. He shouldn't sign cheaply. He's too darn good.

To part with such a pitcher, Beane probably would want the Yankees to subsidize half the A's payroll, build the A's a new ballpark and donate Vazquez, free of charge. Exaggerated or not, the Yankees soon might be less willing to engage in such largess. Even as the sport braces for another Steinbrenner spending binge, the team might be starting to approach its economic ceiling.

The club's payroll, a record $184 million this past season, will soar even higher in 2005. The Yankees already have more than $172.15 million committed to 16 players -- and that figure will rise to $180.15 million for 17 players if the team exercises righthander Jon Lieber's $8 million option.

That's $180.15 million without having any idea what first baseman Jason Giambi, righthander Kevin Brown and reliever Steve Karsay will contribute -- and $180.15 million before adding any additional talent. Johnson would cost $16.5 million, and free-agent center fielder Carlos Beltran likely will run between $15 million and $20 million. By the time the Yankees get done fine-tuning their roster, their payroll easily could reach $220 million, putting them an astonishing $92 million over the 2005 luxury-tax threshold.

Mercy.

Because the Yankees would be exceeding the threshold for the third time, they would pay a 40 percent tax on the $92 million. Tack on that $37 million to the $220 million in player salaries, add at least $50 million in revenue-sharing payments -- the Yankees contributed $52.7 million last season -- and their total payout would surpass $300 million. At that number, turning a profit probably would be difficult. In 2001, the most recent year for which local-revenue data is available, the Yankees took in $217.81 million. Of course, that was before they created the YES Network.

Steinbrenner can threaten Cashman all he wants, but he needs the G.M. to help the team escape its financial maze, a task that will be even trickier because of the weakness of the Yankees' farm system. For his part, Cashman might no longer have as much luxury to make mistakes and cover them up with additional spending.

Forget Johnson. Forget Martinez. Hudson, a potential Hall of Famer in his prime, would fit neatly in the Yankees' new world order.

Who in their right mind wouldn't go after Hudson. IF the A's are willing to trade him I have all faith in Cashman and co. to make it happen. It's funny how the season isn't even over and there is more attention on the Yankees offseason than the world series!

lmao

nah, thats what madmax calls bxbomb

Gotcha. Good to know. I wouldn't want to confuse the two. Although I think this guy is looking to overthrown the original GoogleBoy. First our baseball team ...now this. Damn you Red Sox fans....damn you to hell.

lmao

nah, thats what madmax calls bxbomb

which is pretty funny since jtk always has exact stats/quotes that he looks up whereas i go off the cuff ,unless im specifically lookin something up to prove his ignorant ass a point and when its done

hes screaming GOOGLEboy.... what a joke

you are so full of shit.lol

:finger:

Oh i am sorry that i back up my points with actuall facts. From now on i will use such lines as a-rod blows, jeter takes it in the ass, and kevin brown is a raving lunitic that will be paid 18 million next year.

you are so full of shit.lol

:finger:

Oh i am sorry that i back up my points with actuall facts. From now on i will use such lines as a-rod blows, jeter takes it in the ass, and kevin brown is a raving lunitic that will be paid 18 million next year.

chill winston...............exactly my point JT

when i have gone to the point of looking something to prive that litllte jack ass a point he starts screaming google boy ,yet you go unscathed for looking shit up

i have said it before hundres of times how the fuck can you try to belittle someone if there giving you hard facts from credible sources found online?!?!

and PS you have used your allotment of JEter is gay statemnets for the next 2 seasons

:laugh::finger:

funny thing is , Do you see a correlation/parallel of the careers of Jeter and Brady so far

BOth immensely talented , HUge success early on in career nothing but winning championships/ both have GQ looks and are commercially successful

Both seem to always say the right things and never get in "trouble"

both date models /actresses etc. and if Brady was in NYC hed be at every

just an observation

funny thing is , Do you see a correlation/parallel of the careers of Jeter and Brady so far

BOth immensely talented , HUge success early on in career nothing but winning championships/ both have GQ looks and are commercially successful

Both seem to always say the right things and never get in "trouble"

both date models /actresses etc. and if Brady was in NYC hed be at every

just an observation

actually I dont see a correlation.....Brady is not a prima donna and does not put himself first over the team

also, Brady is heterosexual while Jeters gay

actually I dont see a correlation.....Brady is not a prima donna and does not put himself first over the team

also, Brady is heterosexual while Jeters gay

whatever dude , the similarities are def, . there

and if you think jeter is a primadonna , your still lost

and there are is video out on the internet of Brady taking it in the ass from Teddy Bruschi , so dont be so quick to judge

whatever dude , the similarities are def, . there

and if you think jeter is a primadonna , your still lost

and there are is video out on the internet of Brady taking it in the ass from Teddy Bruschi , so dont be so quick to judge

So I guess that's his new favorite reciever?

you jackasses dont even realize Bruschis a linebacker

btw, Jeters gay

dont sell my yankee bretherens intelligence short .

, i think PK meant receiver as a joke, as receiving anal (pitcher/catcher could also be used if we went with Manny and Pedro)