Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Soundgarden Wtfffffff

If you want to debate this do it live come to the club introduce yourself to me and I’ll buy you drinks for as long as it takes you to try and prove me wrong, I remain

Can we start this debate at like 10 in the morning. I drink like a fish. ;)

Eugene has been in the business for years. I do not like the hip hop thing, but he knows what he is doing. He is doing what he has to to please the masses.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we start this debate at like 10 in the morning. I drink like a fish. ;)

Eugene has been in the business for years. I do not like the hip hop thing, but he knows what he is doing. He is doing what he has to to please the masses.

thank you my friend... come by and i'll shake your hand with Respect and all the drinks with in reason don't want you to hurt your self

Here's the deal denny did not play hip hop.....he never would. Hip Hop was played for 20mins on Saturday. Stevie Zaccone went on and played for abit and Played "headsprung" and some of the better hip hop out right now....Denny went back on and kicked off another house set with "moving up"!!!! the room went nuts 2 times for the hip hop and then went nuts with denny going back on! If there is 800 to 1000 people in a room Sound Garden wants to please everyone...its not as if the club has to seperate rooms so we are appealing to the masses.....and that's it....at D'Jais we have the same format because that club as well is one room..I can understand u dont like hip hop.....but there are those who like hip hop so what do I do tell those patrons there beat??? Sound Gardens format is to appeal to the masses not cater to a few........and will continue to do so...mikey sick back and have a few drinks in 20 minutes your house will be back on......and by the way I prefer house too....but choose to please every 1 not just myself....So I'll join ya at the bar for 20mins next time!

18 yrs olds................. not my thing.............i saw the pics, the crowd wasn't that great

how many clubs play just house music in nj..........now besides deko???????

1 the xs crowd was hott as hell.......the 18 for girls thing lasted 1 month and was over by june. the party was 1 of the hottest shore parties of the year.....and......i don't know what pix u saw but the girls there was unbelievable.......and deko playin only house????? try goin downstairs

Ok….So I normally do not post nor do I respond to the garbage that’s written on message boards… and look you are all entitled to your opinions about music…

it’s not like me to foam at the mouth and have an Ego here, but you must all understand that Soundgarden nightclub is a business that’s been in the same spot for 23 years. Prior to this location I created the foot print that was and still is the landmark of jersey shore nightlife most of you might know this place

Some of you might be too young to remember.

You can not evolve in any business if you do not adapt to the changes, in this case its pop culture. Pop culture dictates what it desires and what ever that desire is, is what we in the industry must deliver to make every body happy, you guys that talk about Dj’s and What they play are obsessed with the music which is ok….. but went you try to talk down a business because of your personal preference that’s not cool, and I’ am sorry to say that most of you that write these comments have no clue of how hard it is to make everybody happy… nor do any of you have any experience in this matter.

If I said this once I said it 30 times to all my friends and people that work in the industry, fellow club owners, dj's, bartenders, promoters etc,

a lot of you have several screen names that you hide behind, a lot of you are ether DJ’s or a Friend of a Dj or a Wanna be DJ it’s so obvious and here’s why…. 4 weeks ago Saturday September 25th Soundgarden Had platinum cd selling superstar Deborah Cox, over 1100 people show up for that event, the days following again not one person on any of these forums did the “ oh it was Sick night review thing “ BUT a hand full of you will review and hype up and get twisted over a DJ!!!!!! And what he did…

am I missing something here?

If you want to debate this do it live come to the club introduce yourself to me and I’ll buy you drinks for as long as it takes you to try and prove me wrong, I remain

this man has forgotten more about the scene than most of you will EVER know. shut up & listen

House music died in North Jersey in Spring of 03 when Metro Lounge closed. Every club follows their lead so stop all the bullshit and theories.

Leave SG alone, they draw a great crowd and its not about the music there. Its a place to go drink, hook up and get sucked off in the K-Mart parking lot if you play your cards right.

The one time I checked out XS this summer I realized their were better looking women in the cantena scene from Star Wars Episode IV.

Stevie Zaccone has gotten real bad. I'm not sayin this because he plays hiphop sets now either. I dont mind hearing the 20 min of hiphop. BUT does he play ANYTHING new nowadays? 2 weeks in a row, he played "James Brown is Dead"....the ORIGINAL. He definitely isn't up on his hiphop either. 50 Cent - "in da club"? cmon. But then again, I dont totally blame him for not being up on his current hiphop, since he never had to play it until this year. But I seriously didnt hear him play more than 2 CURRENT dance tracks in the few nights I've been there this year. I'm def not hating here. He mixes very well, just been very surprised of his track selection this year. I think I'm at an "old school' night when he's spinnin.

Sound Garden has been around for so many years because you were guaranteed to hear the hottest current music. Zaccone definitely needs to start record shopping some more.

If the owner has the motto of "keeping up with today", why have the same dj for 10 yrs who obviously has let the scene pass him by?

Thank God I didn't go....hip hop sucks!

Plus, these clubs should make up their minds....don't play a little of everything because I'm not there to hear it. If you want to have a hip-hop night...then have it....If you want a house night...then have it....

People who went to see Denny Saturday Night were not there to hear Hip-Hop....they should have at least given Denny the chance to come on after the hip-hop session and not have interrupted his set...that's just ridiculous...

Dude.....i'm a fan to the Denny dude, and there were women all over the place that's all i care about, there was this tall blond chick Whoa... of course she wouldn't give me the time of day...... you need to lighten up here ....... I'm pissed that i didn't get laid and your twisted over music and Denny and when he played please dude get a life

Dude.....i was there again... and i'm a fan to the Denny dude, there were women all over the place that all i care about, there was this tall blond chick wow... of course she would give me the time of day you need to lighten up he....... i pissed that i didn't get laid and your twisted over music and Denny please dude

I'm sorry was that English, Dude? :huh:

Ok….So I normally do not post nor do I respond to the garbage that’s written on message boards… and look you are all entitled to your opinions about music…

it’s not like me to foam at the mouth and have an Ego here, but you must all understand that Soundgarden nightclub is a business that’s been in the same spot for 23 years. Prior to this location I created the foot print that was and still is the landmark of jersey shore nightlife most of you might know this place

Some of you might be too young to remember.

You can not evolve in any business if you do not adapt to the changes, in this case its pop culture. Pop culture dictates what it desires and what ever that desire is, is what we in the industry must deliver to make every body happy, you guys that talk about Dj’s and What they play are obsessed with the music which is ok….. but went you try to talk down a business because of your personal preference that’s not cool, and I’ am sorry to say that most of you that write these comments have no clue of how hard it is to make everybody happy… nor do any of you have any experience in this matter.

If I said this once I said it 30 times to all my friends and people that work in the industry, fellow club owners, dj's, bartenders, promoters etc,

a lot of you have several screen names that you hide behind, a lot of you are ether DJ’s or a Friend of a Dj or a Wanna be DJ it’s so obvious and here’s why…. 4 weeks ago Saturday September 25th Soundgarden Had platinum cd selling superstar Deborah Cox, over 1100 people show up for that event, the days following again not one person on any of these forums did the “ oh it was Sick night review thing “ BUT a hand full of you will review and hype up and get twisted over a DJ!!!!!! And what he did…

am I missing something here?

Dude ... are you the owner of SG pretty intense here WORD

Well Me N My Girls Went To Soundgarden Instead Of Goin Into The City Only Because Denny Was Dj'ing, And When We Walked In The Club We Heard Hip Hop For About An Hour... Very Dissapointed... If I Would Have Paid To Get In I Would Have Been A Very Pissed Person.

I Don't Know Why Everyone Is Overreacting About This I Mean It Wasn't Cool But It's Not That Big Of A Deal, The Second He Got Back On The Table Everyone Was Goin Crazy... All In All I Think Most People Needed A Lil Break From Dancin When The Hip Hop Came On But They Didnt Even Play Good Hip Hop Songs And It Was Just A Lil Bit Too Long.