Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Glow Age Limits

panoramapromo

First of all, we would like to thank everyone who has supported our Glow party from day one. You guys are the energy that fuels Glow. Your dedication and loyalty to not only Glow but the EDM scene is unrivaled anywhere is the States. This being said, starting on Saturday November 6 Glow @ Fur will be an 18 and over event!

Spread the word!

The future is bright.....GLOW!

18+ hmmm :blank:

Well If your going to change the age limit to enter your club why not do yourself a favor and lift the hat policy as well. I've seen very fashionable people get turned down at the door because they were wearing hats. I can understand a baseball hat, but there ARE other forms of hats that express fashion creativity and yet these types are disallowed at Fur/Glow. On the website it says "Forget New York, forget Miami. When you experience FUR you won’t even remember those places anymore." Well how are we supposed to experience FUR when we can't even get IN to Fur? This problem would never exist at places like New York and Miami.

My 2 cents.

Is there any way you can lower the age limit to 15 and over.

Signed,

R Kelly

GUIDOS UNITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

I wonder if they are economic reasons behind this, maybe not enough people going to the club now... :huh:

No, Its been completely full the last two Saturdays. Long lines.

nicole_richie_l1.jpg

they play fuking trance the whole night , they cater to little kids , main room has 200 people in their if their lucky, other rooms r busier which is a joke , people think they know how to run a club and dont know shit , this club will soon be all hip hop with 10yr olds running around

they play fuking trance the whole night , they cater to little kids , main room has 200 people in their if their lucky, other rooms r busier which is a joke , people think they know how to run a club and dont know shit , this club will soon be all hip hop with 10yr olds running around

Though I'm not a fan of trance (well, other than psy), its time people stopped ragging and actually gave props for a group trying to keep some semblence of the scene alive in this city. Glow has brought in some of the top name trance DJ's in the world, and for that I give them props. Plus Deep Dish is going to be spinning an extended set soon - can't wait!

FYI, BUzz, Twilo, Arc, Crobar, etc are/were all 18 +.

Just to address your misinformed points:

1) We do not play trance all night - I am one of the resident DJs and I don't play trance. And if you look at Glow's booking history you will see that contrary to most people's inaccurate claims, the club has had some great house djs play - Deep Dish, Hernan Cattaneo, Scott Henry - and with more big house djs booked you will see the line-ups diversify even more.

2) We don't know how to run a club - Glow has been in existence for nearly FIVE years, so we must be doing something right.

3) Cater to little kids - we started with the 21+ formula, so we tried for the more mature audience. However, in DC the core audience for EDM is the 18+ crowd, so why turn your back on them?

Before being so negative so quickly, why not try to support the few organisations that are doing their best to maintain the EDM scene in DC, then maybe we would have a scene that is united and positive instead of splintered and elitist.

Much love and respect,

Dan

Just to address your misinformed points:

1) We do not play trance all night - I am one of the resident DJs and I don't play trance. And if you look at Glow's booking history you will see that contrary to most people's inaccurate claims, the club has had some great house djs play - Deep Dish, Hernan Cattaneo, Scott Henry - and with more big house djs booked you will see the line-ups diversify even more.

2) We don't know how to run a club - Glow has been in existence for nearly FIVE years, so we must be doing something right.

3) Cater to little kids - we started with the 21+ formula, so we tried for the more mature audience. However, in DC the core audience for EDM is the 18+ crowd, so why turn your back on them?

Before being so negative so quickly, why not try to support the few organisations that are doing their best to maintain the EDM scene in DC, then maybe we would have a scene that is united and positive instead of splintered and elitist.

Much love and respect,

Dan

Spoken like a true Gentleman!

If you dont like trance, then stay the hell out of there. You and the guy who likes to wear hats can go to Pearl or dream. There you can hear hip hop to your hearts content. I do wish the club would be 21 and over. But, the core audience of trance is 18-24.

i dont know what yr talking about mellow omar? i use to go to fur on sat nights now i dont cause the music sux on the main floor , now u wanna change age limits even younger , smart move

Interesting comments.

So you used to go to FUR on Saturday nights but now you don't because the music "sux" on the main floor? Um ok....Well FUR has only been open for a month, and we have been there since day 1. So I am not sure how you used to come and now you don't because the music sucks. If you are going to bullshit try to get your facts straight or you’ll continue to make yourself look like an ignorant fool.

FYI:Crobar is not 18 and over-not ever in Chicago,Miami and NYC

Though I'm not a fan of trance (well, other than psy), its time people stopped ragging and actually gave props for a group trying to keep some semblence of the scene alive in this city. Glow has brought in some of the top name trance DJ's in the world, and for that I give them props. Plus Deep Dish is going to be spinning an extended set soon - can't wait!

FYI, BUzz, Twilo, Arc, Crobar, etc are/were all 18 +.

i personally find it quite amusing that you denigrate fur because it is now 18+ when you have the grammar of a 13+. nothing worse than poor english that makes you sound like a middle school dropout. check your "their"s, might wanna change that to "there" and "they're".