Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wanna know whats going on with SF????

Well here it is.... while doing some research.. I stumbled across this...

The license applications are currently being reviewed but the Board is very much against this... but I'm sure they can be swayed with the right pitch...

JMED Holdings Inc., 616-620 West 46th Street

Date Community Board received notice:

Business Licenses & Permits Committee reviewed on:

Full Board reviewed on:

DETAILS OF APPLICATION: Note that this application is for the location formerly occupied by Sound Factory. The current applicants also own Discotheque at 17 West 19th Street and Star Bar at 4 West 22nd Street.

HISTORY: When presenting his application for a liquor license to the Business Licenses & Permits Commitee on September 4, 2004, the principal stated that he intends to apply for a cabaret license in the future

Dont think it's going to happen ... unless they have the balls to sue the CB... like B'lo did when their application was rejected...

the people who own b'lo own the property SF was on . .. practically that whole block . . . don't be surprised if that happens ;)

There are alot of people who live in that area and alot of developers who want to build residential lofts there... the zoning change is very likely to happen considering that the real estate lobby has much more resources at their disposal than club owners do... as for the property itself... I know alot of the buildings in the area are owned by a family that runs a huge lumber business... dont know about those two buildings ... but it's easy enough for me to find out...

[it's owned by Metropolitan Lumber Corp....and they'll never sell the property,

unless it's re-zoned for residential use and they get ridiculous offers from developers... which is very likely to happen...

The people who operate "B'Lo" dont own that property.....

[it's owned by Metropolitan Lumber Corp....and they'll never sell the property,

unless it's re-zoned for residential use and they get ridiculous offers from developers... which is very likely to happen...

The people who operate "B'Lo" dont own that property.....

actually, bob ganz, the owner of metropolitan lumber, owns b'lo with his son . . .they also own q lounge above b'lo, penthouse executive club, the sf space, and the parking garage in between executive and sf + the various other business ventures, including the bbq place on the corner and the lumber yard across the street ETC . . . i know because i worked with them for quite awhile (at several of the venues), and they are personal friends, so your information is incorrect about them not owning b'lo.

actually, bob ganz, the owner of metropolitan lumber, owns b'lo with his son . . .they also own q lounge above b'lo, penthouse executive club, the sf space, and the parking garage in between executive and sf + the various other business ventures, including the bbq place on the corner and the lumber yard across the street ETC . . . i know because i worked with them for quite awhile (at several of the venues), and they are personal friends, so your information is incorrect about them not owning b'lo.

he's a landlord.... has nothing to do with running any of those places... collects rent... and lots of it.... I used to trade lumber with met when i worked for tulnoy...

he's a landlord.... has nothing to do with running any of those places... collects rent... and lots of it.... I used to trade lumber with met when i worked for tulnoy...

like i said, i worked for him . .. and with his family, he has say in all of the places . . . he was the person i reported directly to @ executive, not gonna argue about this, yes hes a landlord, but he has plenty of say in what goes on in b'lo/q/exec, right down to the uniforms etc :) sf he just owned that property, as i stated above, but b'lo belongs to the ganz family

like i said, i worked for him . .. and with his family, he has say in all of the places . . . he was the person i reported directly to @ executive, not gonna argue about this, yes hes a landlord, but he has plenty of say in what goes on in b'lo/q/exec, right down to the uniforms etc :) sf he just owned that property, as i stated above, but b'lo belongs to the ganz family

It's possible... i just can't picture it... i've been "out of the loop" for a loong time now with met... I do know they own quite a bit of property in the area that will become much more valuable if the re-zoning plan goes through ... the re-zoning plan will also drive out alot of nightclub operators...