Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Wille Randolph REALLY the #1 choice for the Mets Spot?

pookie23

mike francessa (sp?) brought up a great point yesterday...joe girardi will make a great manager one day real soon...i know he was a yankee and is an announcer for the yankees but being a former catcher and his knowledge of pitchers/pitching, he will make a great manager one day...the mets should try to scoup him up early...

LOL...anyways...back to MY team...there isn't any other suitable candidates out there? Cause I'm gonna throw up if Randolph gets the nod...Strike one to Minaya

other than tom kelly, jim fregosi, terry collins i really cant think of to many other with experience...

loved Willie since i was a kid , and someday he will make a decent MGr. not sure if hes ready though , no experience whatso ever as a Mangaer spent the past 20 yrsmoslty american league expereinces , NOt sure if flushing a good starting point.....but i wish him well if he gets it

It should be Wally B fiery dude with MEt ties and he has coaching expereince and has won minor league mgr of the yr few times

Leyland will get a look if hes interested , but word is he isnt

Whatever happened to Cito Gaston ???? 2 rings in a row only 12 yrs ago then dissapears

Ragga - why are you so against Willie as the Mets manager? It better not be just cause he was a Yankee.

Well that's one reason for sure - because there are better options available in the Mets Circle (i.e. Backman, Dykstra, Carter and Valentine)

The other is that he's not experienced in managing (even on the minor league level) and to start him off here is a disaster waiting to happen...also, he's too damn thin skinned to deal with the media.

Well that's one reason for sure - because there are better options available in the Mets Circle (i.e. Backman, Dykstra, Carter and Valentine)

The other is that he's not experienced in managing (even on the minor league level) and to start him off here is a disaster waiting to happen...also, he's too damn thin skinned to deal with the media.

id give ya Backman(who i think should get it ) and Valentine

but how are Carter and Dykstra (who quit only a week into his only attempt a t managing with single A ball Reds orginaization) better options??

Don't forget, Willie played for the Mets too.

I hope they take him, he was my choice after they fired Valentine. It's true that he has no managerial experience and he hasn't coached in the NL but he has been sitting on a bench in between Joe Torre and Don Zimmer, both successful NL managers (and ex-Mets). And I'm not sure he won't be able to handle the media. He has been involved in NY baseball for how many years now and he grew up in Brooklyn so I think he'll do fine. and plus, the Daily News said that it's a possibility that he will bring Jaramillo and Bowa with him. I would like to see the 80s Mets too, but I think Omar is doing the right thing.

Don't forget, Willie played for the Mets too.

I hope they take him, he was my choice after they fired Valentine. It's true that he has no managerial experience and he hasn't coached in the NL but he has been sitting on a bench in between Joe Torre and Don Zimmer, both successful NL managers (and ex-Mets). And I'm not sure he won't be able to handle the media. He has been involved in NY baseball for how many years now and he grew up in Brooklyn so I think he'll do fine. and plus, the Daily News said that it's a possibility that he will bring Jaramillo and Bowa with him. I would like to see the 80s Mets too, but I think Omar is doing the right thing.

He played for the Mets for what...10 minutes? Don't want him. In a perfect world, Lou Pinella would be the perfect fit here....but I'll be more than happy with either Valentine or Backman.

Jarmillo already stated that he'd come to the Mets as a manager - nothing else. If Bowa comes here in any capacity, I'll put out a hit on his ass...he's more of a cancer than A-Rod.