Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TICKETS FOR JAY Z & R KELLY I HAVE THEM WANNA BUY EM!

guest00901

NEW YORK Oct 30, 2004 — The tumultuous tour pairing platinum-selling stars R. Kelly and Jay-Z came to an abrupt end Saturday, one day after a member of the rapper's entourage allegedly blasted Kelly in the face with pepper spray during a concert at Madison Square Garden.

Kelly was booted from shows Saturday and Monday at the Garden by the promoter, who told the "I Believe I Can Fly" singer that he was banned from the facility, said his publicist, Allen Mayer. The promoter announced that Jay-Z, with special guests, would do the shows alone.

"The fans deserve better than this," Kelly said in a statement. "I'd like the show to go on. It's really disappointing that Jay-Z and the promoter don't."

The duo's "Best of Both Worlds" tour was troubled from its start earlier this month, with three shows canceled due to "technical problems" and reports that the feuding superstars weren't even on speaking terms.

Top Stories

Although additional shows were scheduled through Nov. 28, Kelly will not perform at any of them, Mayer said. A publicist for Jay-Z was unsure if the rapper would try and fill all the dates as a solo act, or if the tour was simply finished.

Things came to a head on Friday night, when Kelly abruptly stopped his set at about 9:30 p.m. after alleging that he spotted two gun-toting fans in the crowd, Mayer said. Garden security employees searched for weapons but found none, and told Kelly it was safe to continue performing, Mayer said.

As the singer made his way back to the stage, a member of Jay-Z's entourage apparently miffed by Kelly's interruption of the show blasted him and two of his bodyguards in the face with the noxious spray, Mayer said.

"I'm pretty sure Jay didn't realize what was going on," Mayer said in a phone interview.

All three men were treated and released at St. Vincent's Hospital, Mayer said. Jay-Z continued performing after Kelly was sprayed; singer Usher, who was in the Garden crowd, joined the rapper onstage for a surprise three-song performance, said Jana Fleishman, publicist for Jay-Z.

Fleishman said Saturday that the rapper "did not attack R. Kelly in any way, shape or form." The rapper's camp knew nothing about the incident because it occurred while Jay-Z was performing, she said.

According to Mayer, lawyers for Kelly were filing a criminal complaint against Kelly's assailant and were also considering legal action over the decision to boot the singer from the remaining dates. "We're considering all possible ways of protecting Robert's interests," Mayer said.

In a radio interview on WQHT-FM Friday, Jay-Z said he was perplexed by Kelly's behavior.

"You can't get a gun inside Madison Square Garden," the rapper said. "If people give me love, he can't take it."

The "Best of Both Worlds" tour was scheduled to hit 40 cities. But shows in Cincinnati, Milwaukee and Hartford, Conn., were canceled in the first three weeks of the tour.

During a show in St. Louis last week, an angry Kelly cut his set short and left the stage. And Kelly reportedly showed up two hours late for a Chicago concert, infuriating Jay-Z.

Fleishman blamed the cancellations on "technical difficulties" suffered by Kelly, adding that Jay-Z "has been ready to perform and has been frustrated in having to cancel shows."

On Tuesday, the pair released their collaborative CD "Unfinished Business."

Associated Press writer Nekesa Mumbi Moody contributed to this story.

I def got my moneys worth from just...

Busta & Q-Tip- Scenerio

Busta & Diddy- Victory (place went nuts)

Dougie Fresh & Slick Rick da Ruler- Lodi Dodi & Children's Story

Jay & Foxy- Aint No Nigga

Full Set by Mary J

I would give you guys a rundown of the track listings but it would take to long.

Overall show started an hour late... He came out to "My Name is Hov!" He did a lot of songs from all his albums but a lot from Volume 1. At a lot of his songs he would just stop and freestyle acapella about the crowd, stage, or R. Kelly happenings. Busta by far had the most energy but I already knew that and if anyone has seen him perform before knows as well. A lot of guests (Busta, Spliff Star, Q-Tip, Talib Kwali, Kayne West, Freeway, Memphis Bleek, Young Guns, Lil Vicious, Dougie Fresh, Slick Rick, Foxy Brown, T.I., Diddy, Black Rob, Mary J, Pharrel, and some more that's not commin to me right now. Everyone in that place had the diamonds up in the air.

Only thing I wish he would have done was Dead Presidents & D'Evils.

Def got my moneys worth and more.

I def got my moneys worth from just...

Busta & Q-Tip- Scenerio

Busta & Diddy- Victory (place went nuts)

Dougie Fresh & Slick Rick da Ruler- Lodi Dodi & Children's Story

Jay & Foxy- Aint No Nigga

Full Set by Mary J

I would give you guys a rundown of the track listings but it would take to long.

Overall show started an hour late... He came out to "My Name is Hov!" He did a lot of songs from all his albums but a lot from Volume 1. At a lot of his songs he would just stop and freestyle acapella about the crowd, stage, or R. Kelly happenings. Busta by far had the most energy but I already knew that and if anyone has seen him perform before knows as well. A lot of guests (Busta, Spliff Star, Q-Tip, Talib Kwali, Kayne West, Freeway, Memphis Bleek, Young Guns, Lil Vicious, Dougie Fresh, Slick Rick, Foxy Brown, T.I., Diddy, Black Rob, Mary J, Pharrel, and some more that's not commin to me right now. Everyone in that place had the diamonds up in the air.

Only thing I wish he would have done was Dead Presidents & D'Evils.

Def got my moneys worth and more.

COULDNT AGREE MORE.. BUT I WENT TO SUN NIGHTS SHOW AND FAB AND JA RULE WERE THERE ALONG WITH THE OTHERS YOU JUST MENTIONED.... IT WAS ASWOME... I WNET TO THE THURSDAY SHOW ALSO BUT R WAS THERE

COULDNT AGREE MORE.. BUT I WENT TO SUN NIGHTS SHOW AND FAB AND JA RULE WERE THERE ALONG WITH THE OTHERS YOU JUST MENTIONED.... IT WAS ASWOME... I WNET TO THE THURSDAY SHOW ALSO BUT R WAS THERE

Fuck da R and his lil pink zorro mask...

I heard that the Monday night show he brought out Dip Set, Jada, and Snoop... Can anyone confirm this?