Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Top 100 DJs Poll results 2004

but im still bent outa shape over benassi.......did everyone that frequents temptations in NJ vote for him?

to those that voted for benassi...FYI...satisfaction came out like 2 yrs ago.....thanks

satisfaction is definitely lame.. but the banassi brothers song "memory of love" is pretty hot as is the antoine clamaran mix...

whoever mentioned jp not making top 100 are you for real??? the guy NEVER leaves new york.. except for one weekend of the year when he goes to spin @ wmc... oh you cant forget about the trips to spin at a club in ct... and the occasional jersey party.. how do you expect him to make top 100 when like 85% of his hometown despises him...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how come he was in the top 5 like 3 yrs ago? he gets out bro...

That was 3 years ago... This year he's played NYC, Miami, Toronto, Ibiza, and he's got a gig lined up in London for November. That's not nearly enough to keep your name fresh. Have you ever seen the tours for Coxy or Danny Howells? They are literally in every major country on earth... He also hasn't put out a CD of new material in a while... I wouldn't be surprised if he's off the list completely in 2 years. Not that he cares though...

whoever mentioned jp not making top 100 are you for real??? the guy NEVER leaves new york.. except for one weekend of the year when he goes to spin @ wmc... oh you cant forget about the trips to spin at a club in ct... and the occasional jersey party.. how do you expect him to make top 100 when like 85% of his hometown despises him...

Sarcasm my friend... sarcasm.

That was 3 years ago... This year he's played NYC, Miami, Toronto, Ibiza, and he's got a gig lined up in London for November. That's not nearly enough to keep your name fresh. Have you ever seen the tours for Coxy or Danny Howells? They are literally in every major country on earth... He also hasn't put out a CD of new material in a while... I wouldn't be surprised if he's off the list completely in 2 years. Not that he cares though...

Exactly. Danny has remained local the past few years. He chose to stay home last year rather than taking up a residency in Ibiza. He travels nowhere near as much as someone like Howells does, who is constantly on the road. He will be touring in the near future, Paris, London, Singapore, Ibiza next year and probably Portugal and Italy, so that will change.

Oh and click on this link to Tiesto's site:

http://website.tiesto.com/index1.html

Right hand side, click "It's voting time again"

:ghey:

touche...

but you guys that are anti-pvd and anti-tiesto have to admit that these guys work their fucking asses off... they're constantly touring and look at pvd.. he's constantly remixing tracks... while they may not be your taste in edm they are definitely not sitting on their asses just collecting votes by being popular... if they weren't talented they wouldnt be touring.. if they werent touring they wouldnt be popular... basically everything comes down to skill and hard work and the top 2 definitely have both of those, you cant take their dedication to edm away from them... and im sure it means something to the dj's who work their asses off to be considered top 3... even top 100 is a dream come true...

well i hear that tiesto and pvd dont even do their own tracks. They make about 2 mins worth while the engineers do the other 8 mins or so. But their name is attached to it to sell more cause of THEIR POPULARITY. And since it is a EUROPEAN list its obvious that other djs wont fvor to highly. And why is bassani even mentioned? Its a dj list not a producitn list.

well i hear that tiesto and pvd dont even do their own tracks. They make about 2 mins worth while the engineers do the other 8 mins or so. But their name is attached to it to sell more cause of THEIR POPULARITY. And since it is a EUROPEAN list its obvious that other djs wont fvor to highly. And why is bassani even mentioned? Its a dj list not a producitn list.

I agree with you 100 percent. I myself don't believe in polls. :)

out of curiosity where did you hear that?

God damn! What are you guys bitching about???? We all have our opinions and favorite djs. Sure enough all of us want to see our favorites in the top 10 but it's not the way to go. For those of you who root for Tenaglia non stop. Stop fucking crying. He might be a super class dj( though i could care less about him),but that wouldn't change the fact that he is a local super class DJ. Stop thinking withing the borders of US. It is not the center of the world. Not too many people know about Tenaglia outside of the USA. Moreover, # 40 spot is not that bad at all. Cosmic gate is # 81. Damn, you can't even compare Tenaglia to Cosmic gate in terms of popularity. Cosmic Gate plays and fully accomodates the world class arenas ( Nature One, Trance Energy, Q-Bass and so on) year after year. What does Tenaglia accomodate??? Roxy and Exit? Such Djs as Dumonde, Scot Project did not even make to the list. My point being is that this list isn't something to take for granted. Look at it and forget about it. What's more important is to stay true to your music and your own style!

Rock on people!

benny benassi spins... and he has a brother that also helps with the productions.. not sure if he spins out with him.. do you really, honestly believe that shit about pvd and tiesto not making their own tracks?? why would you say something like that?? this is edm.. this isnt ashlee simpson and jeremy cabrerra.. these people do their own work..

kfitz.... sorry for the jp thing.. wam!! your sarcasm went right over... lol my bad..

Not too many people know about Tenaglia outside of the USA.

Rock on people!

Listen, I haven't read a more untrue statement on this messageboard in a long time. When I was in Ibiza last year, there were Scots, Irish, Greek, English and Spanish people pissed that DT wasn't playing Ibiza that year. When I was in London and Paris this year, people who knew I lived outside NYC were telling me they always wanted to go to Be Yourself at Vinyl. The guy literally is world (in the clubbing sense) famous.

i heard about it thru producers who have engineers that work with them.And of course i dont mean ALL thier tracks.

this is a tricky one... i have trouble believeing this bc that would make edm like the rest of the crap being produced today... lame!!

in edm it doesn't matter fi you're white, black, asian, male, female, gay, straight etc. etc. if you make a hot track.. you make a hot track.. people are gonna get down to it no matter what.. it's not like pop music where somebody writes the lyrics, somebody edits and layers beats, and then you have some good looking star just come and lipsing to it... pop artists sell records based on their appearance i dont think edm is like that and i hope it never will..

Listen, I haven't read a more untrue statement on this messageboard in a long time. When I was in Ibiza last year, there were Scots, Irish, Greek, English and Spanish people pissed that DT wasn't playing Ibiza that year. When I was in London and Paris this year, people who knew I lived outside NYC were telling me they always wanted to go to Be Yourself at Vinyl. The guy literally is world (in the clubbing sense) famous.

Exactly...just go on his boards

Many of the posters there are not here in the states.

There is the first time for everything in life man. I never said that no one knows him. I simply said not too many people. You are not the only one travelling. We speak to different people, we hear different opinions.

PS. The world thing...cut the crap. He might be famous but don't go over the board.

There is the first time for everything in life man. I never said that no one knows him. I simply said not too many people. You are not the only one travelling. We speak to different people, we hear different opinions.

PS. The world thing...cut the crap. He might be famous but don't go over the board.

First of all, I never said I was the only person traveling. It's a big world, and I realize that lots of people in NYC have disposable income, and often use it to travel.

Secondly, I didn't mean famous like in the Elvis sense, or in the Madonna sense. Compared to REALLY famous people, DJ's aren't even on the same scale. You can sit until you are blue in the face and tell me how many people know who Tiesto is, but I guarantee you that if you take a sample poll of people who live in your town (or city), and I'm talking about club people, moms, dads, grandfathers, lawyers, doctors, garbagemen (everyone), maybe 15 % might have an idea who Tiesto is (just an example). If you took those same people and asked them who Michael Jackson is, I bet either 99 or 100 % of them will know who he is. Now who is really famous? It's all relative.

Lastly, there are lots of people outside the United States who know who Danny Tenaglia is (mostly people who go to clubs). So in the clubbing sense, he IS world famous. I'm sticking with my original statement ;)

Danny not too known outside the USA? Please. In almost every club I've been to in Europe people ask me about Danny when they find out I'm from New York. John Digweed has said Danny is his favorite DJ. Danny is also known for being the DJ's DJ. How many DJs "not too known outside the USA" have done two Global Underground compilations? Danny used to have a heavy travel itinerary a few years ago. He's cut back out of choice, which is why he's dropped on that list.

Whatever though, I could care less where Danny is on this list, or any of my other favorites for that matter. This list doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. It's not a gauge of the best DJ out there. It's a gauge of the most recognized/popular DJs out there, which is not necessarily the same thing. Guys like Moshic from Israel and Aldrin from Singapore are phenomenal DJs that would blow the doors off most DJs on that list, but they will never make the Top 100 because they rarely travel outside their respective countries.

Danny not too known outside the USA? Please. In almost every club I've been to in Europe people ask me about Danny when they find out I'm from New York. John Digweed has said Danny is his favorite DJ. Danny is also known for being the DJ's DJ. How many DJs "not too known outside the USA" have done two Global Underground compilations? Danny used to have a heavy travel itinerary a few years ago. He's cut back out of choice, which is why he's dropped on that list.

Whatever though, I could care less where Danny is on this list, or any of my other favorites for that matter. This list doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. It's not a guage of the best DJ out there. It's a guage of the most recognized/popular DJs out there, which is not necessarily the same thing. Guys like Moshic from Israel and Aldrin from Singapore are phenomenal DJs that would blow the doors off most DJs on that list, but they will never make the Top 100 because they rarely travel outside their respective countries.

I agree 100 % with all that. On a side note, how awesome is Adam Beyer? I wish that guy would come to NYC.