Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Felix Da Housecat and Stryke @ Prive

Bling

First off, I would like to say, thank to Phillipio cuz im still dizzy as all hell from the drinks from last nite........ LOL ... I must say that the drinks at Prive are strong as hell. The last grey goose vodka tonic had me in la la land. But by far the strongest drink of the nite goes to Nadia they gave her a vodka cranberry with like 90% vodka I couldnt even drink some of it it was so nasty LOL.

Anyways, arrived to Prive at 10 to make sure no door drama, as I have heard the door is uber selective. Met nadia out front standing in the corner by the door. BTW Nadia,like the blingster usually gets to clubs early.... Finally another loco like myself

On the way to the door I saw Gregg and Carisa eating dinner but i just walked past as I did not want to interfere in their "date" LOL.

It was great to talk to you in person Nadia. I know we talk on aim like every day but u know what I mean sorry i didnt see u and andrew leave by that time of nite i was in the little area behind the dj booth on the couch dizzy as all hell

Overall, my impressions of the nite was that Stryke delieverd and Felix did not. Before Gregg took the decks around midnite an female resident dj was on the decks and unfortunately she was trainwrecking a few times.

First I want to send shoutouts to my crew last nite. It was a pleasure to finally meet cutiechemi (Megan) ur a sweetheart and its a shame u have to go back to Minnesota on friday ur a really sweet girl and fun to hang with. The crew consisited of

Bling, CutieChemi, Durtylexx and nadia. Outside we also bumped into Missionary and Catalina(omg so glad to see u its been like a month.. u looked great and u still give the best hugs ive ever had...... i know i always say it but its true..... ) as well as Trancelator (patrick).. good seeing u again its been a while.........

So we get in no problems thanks to the "list" and Gregg. Thanks so much Gregg much appreciated. We even were able to get an extra two people in. Arriving early is definitly worth the effort people.......

Inside lots of poeple in a costume. The music was really cheesy hiphop and lots of peple dancing in costumes. It looked like the office party from hell so to speak.

BTw the venue is really small I was not really impressed considering the hype I heard about it. There are couches everywhere and u can overlook Opium Garden through the windows.

Throughout the nite various hotties were dancing on the platforms in their costumes. Very nice

The shoutouts

Great to see so many of you last nite. For myelf, the nite was more about hanging with my friends then the music. First and foremost , great to see Phillipio (move back down guy we gotta do some damage on sobe again ) Also great to see Macboy and his lovely girlfriend, Rolly (u are the king pimp. love ur pics u showed me. u have a stable of females dont u...... think u can perhaps toss me ummmmmm 2 ? ...... u da man )

Also in da house, Buster sporting a new haircut and color . Michelle (beautiful as always, like thats gonna change), Ramon, Danny (digital7.. happy bday bro), Flip,of course my crew megan, cutiechemi and nadia. Andrew in da house and Diaga for a short while as well as Erik Kittel and Carisa (carisa i love the way u looked, conservative, classy yet sexy at the same time..... call me weird guys but I rather see a cute girl dressed up nice like that. Carisa was sportin a shorter hair cut and she darkened her hair as well . very pretty)

It was also my pleasure to bump into Dade. WE talked for a while. Got a pic I died!!! great talkin to you and cant wait till u open up shop in the next month or so .

Gregg's set

Best part of the nite was Greg's set. It was hard as always yet very danceable. Though I didnt dance much because the place was so small, I was dancing on the inside.....LOL (fav track... "cameras ready prepare to flash"-flashdance I think? )

One comment I must make..... The horrific placement of the dj booth right behind a bar...... Difficult to see the dj because of bartenders walkin back and forth serving drinks to patrons. I know its a small venue but they should have that booth elevated more not shoved in the back area of VIP

Overall though, the venue was ok. There were a lot of nice looking women.... (not Amika women but then again I have never seen anything else like that!!. BTw im sure that lingere party at amika was amazing i need pics dan lots of pics )

Felix's set

Very very very disappointing. i was actually expecting quirky weird electro stuff like his cds but he played just regular housey stuff. He didnt realy distinguish himself as someone unique IMHO. I know he's a "great dj" but I didnt feel it tonite. It was good music but nothing that stood out. Phillipio noted, "I dont even think hes mixing...... "

Also, the vibe in Prive was kinda lackin it was more just people drinkin and socializing.... not much dancing.

Felix was on till like 3 i think. He played around 2 hrs and then some resident went on. He actually was playing some good stuff but at that point I called it a nite. So myself, greg, carisa and phil all headed out.

Overall the nite for me was about hanging with all of you that I consider my second family so to speak. Also was nice to check out a new venu as well.

Now back to sleep for a while for 2nite I get to see my fav dj danny howells and Josh wink ..... at space

*laugh* thanks bling ;)

I had fun :) It was FABULOUS as always to see everyone ..

i have to agree tho, i just wasn't feeling it.. felix was dissapointing.. nothing like i've heard him play previously .. good music, but it's all the same shit i have in my car.. that locals play. :-/ ..who knows, maybe he was playing that way due to the venue, who knows... the club is nice.. but it has more of a lounge feel too it.. one that it should be more chill, not what they tried to do with it last night.

bling.. you didn't say anything about the office party *laugh* :P

Well, last night was definitely worth the drive down. First, I got to see Andrew, djcarlosf, lyrik (thanks for the record), housedivision (even for just 10 minutes), coachjames (I wish Annette a speedy recovery), and I met James Stratus at The Chesterfield. I think I had 4 dirty martinis. They were really good. A few tracks that were played: Deep Dish remix of DT's 'Music is the Answer', Dubtribe's 'Do It Now', Afromedusa's 'Pasilda', Grant Dell & Gareth Oxby's 'Hi-hats for Caffy'.

And then Prive was tons of fun. I have to say I agree with bling that crzyc's new haircut looked really good. Stryke was definitely on fire last night (when Ramon is frantically jumping up and down in a furious frenzy, that's when you know a dj is on fire). Toward the end it sounded as though Felix wasn't really doing any mixing... just dropping records. It could have been just me cause I was 100% shitfaced by that time. In fact, I can remember at one point, macboy telling me to pace myself (but of course by that time it was too little too late). Felix did start off with Miss Kittin & The Hacker's 'Frank Sinatra' which is a track that definitely stands out. Towards the end, I was hoping Greg would take over the tables again. All in all, I had a great time! No shoutouts since bling did them all! Just wanna say it was fun to celebrate digital7's b-day last night, and I think I managed to be more drunk than lulamishka this time! :D

I'm gonna try to go sailing now. If you never see me on CP again, after all your celebrating, just realize that I probably got whacked in my hungover head with the boom and I'm swimmin' with da fishes.

tie urself to the boat like in what about bob

IM SAILINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG IM SAILINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG