Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Cedric & Josh Wink @ Space

Bling

The music tonite was indeed fitting. With all Hollows eve upon us, Space and its many costumed patrons were all ready for something different. Never hearing Josh Wink before I did not know what to expect. All I knew was that his style was very unique. I expected an acid house set, yet what he delievered was a full 4 hr set of minimal techno.

I have always said I am not a fan of techno but Wink made me a believer tonite. His minimal techno was absoloutely fantastic. His set tonite was one of my favorite sets at space this year and definitly in my top 5 this year.

I arrived early and met up with the lovely Nadia around 1030. got in using sobespots (havent used my card in a long time).

Walked into the hip hop room and the place was decorated really nice for the holidays. There were gargolye statues behind the bar and bats on the wall. My favorite touch though, was the actual chandeliers that they put on the ceiling. Very spooky. In front of the hip hop room they had a phone booth (aka superman) awesome touch. Nadia was quick to tell me "Thats one place I would like to "F#$ in" LOL. Later on that nite we went down the list of places she has yet to u know what in....... I was like " hey we could try to live out ur fantasy right now and do the phone booth thing LOL. Yeah yeah im quiet but i have a kinky side to me too dammit. She turned down my proposition. crash and burn .... :( LMAO

It took a longgggggggg time to get the drinks though. About 25 min as it was open bar. I asked originally for 4 drinks 2 for myself and 2 for nadia because there was only 5 minutes left before the open bar was closed but the bartender only gave us one each....... WTF ::)

There was a large amount of people dressed in costumes. Many girls were dressed as playboy bunnies (way too many IMHO), our very own lovely Lulamichka was a sexy girlscout with pigtails and her sexy friend was a Princess. My favorite costume of the nite though was this girl that was dressed up like that chic from the fifth element. Not only did she have the wig but that awesome outfit she wore (that white one that looks like tape wrapped around her body..... really really sexy). My favorite costumes on the guys was someone had a John Kerry sign in the back of the room . Guess he dressed up as a Kerry Supporter LOL. And another guy was a boxer. with the belt and gloves and shorts .

Main room opened as usual when the hip hop room got full.

The main room was decorated very nicely with superhero stuff all over the place. The disco ball in the center actually said "Daily Planet on it" as it rotated !!!!

Cedric's set

As myself and Nadia walked into the main room, I said hi to Cedric and he let us in the booth during his entire set :)

Btw i must say once again I love that couch in the booth. :)

Cedric's set was awesome last nite. My favorite track he dropped was flashdance. By the end of his 90 min or so set he was dropping lots of bombs, that had me dancing my ass off in the booth. Even nadia who swears she does not dance was head bobbing and moving about in that booth :)

About 30 minutes before his set ended his Gervaittes entered the booth. Good Gawd!!!!!!! Gorgeous..... They were all in costume and all stunning. One was a sexy Indian girl that I can recall. I was sitting on the couch and they were dancing on right in front of myself and Nadia.....

I was so tempted to get a pic with them but I didnt know them so didnt ask LOL. Later on though Andrew did introduce me to my favorite one the dark haired tall girl wearing this black outfit with a zipper in front that went all the way down the front of her outfit. SO sexy.. she owned me..... Didnt get a pic though :'(

Also bumped into Eddy in the booth. At first didnt know who he was as he was in a Dr. Doom outfit I believe. REally cool outfit with the cape and everything. Biz also showed up wearing this clark kent outfit with the glasses and superman shirt under a white shirt....... Ardis made an apperance as well as Wonder Woman (very pretty)

As Wink got in the booth we departed.

Shoutouts

Lots of board members in the house. The aforementioned Andrew (got in the booth with Wink for a bit.. lucky mofo) Renzo, Michelle, Rolly, Ramon, Gregg and Carisa (who were in the booth with Wink for a bit also). Also great to see the lovely and always such a sweetheart, Interview Junkie (Shannon) and her new husband. Always a pleasure to see u and talk to you shannon. I will defintily be there for Nick's bday and Pete Tong. I dont need you to come after me if i dont LOL . Also in da house was Danny (digital7). I know there were others but I cant remember (ugh thats what happens when i write my review a day later)

Josh Wink's set

Amazing set. 4 hrs of minimal techno. I have never heard a techno set this damn good. He even remixed a classic 80's track and transformed it into his style of techno....... sick......

The crowd nadia noted "Didnt know what to even do to this music. they didnt know when to jump or dance crazy at points" THe music was pure "mind#$%#$" it was awesome awesome stuff. I loved every second of this set. It flowed perfectly and was a sound that was so different from anything I have ever heard.. especially at Space. I cant wait to see Josh Wink again, even though I am told he plays different every time.....

Ramon of course was goin apeshit. A few times I had to tell him " OMG u must be eatin this up" Since I don't know much about minimal I had to keep askin him if that was what Wink was still playin his entire set. At times, Wink was pullin on the horn a bit, which I found to be a bad idea for this kind of music, it kinda wakes one up from the "trance" that he puts you in with his sick music.

10/10 for Wink's set..... His quirky style, bleeps, whistles, thumps, etc really had me going all nite long. I was exhausted last nite but didnt move until his set ended around 4 am (5 before the time change) .

Danny Howells

His set started and I was like ok lets see what he brings. The first track started nice but then i got bored. Didnt like how he started at all. Once again "not my cup of tea" I cant realy review Howells as I left 15 min after he started, he could have been amazing for all I know so I will refrain from any judgments.

AS I left at 5 am I was amazed at the massive line. I have not seen a line like that since WMC it was massive.......

Overall the nite was great. Josh Wink exceeded my expectations for the nite. The club looked great the girls looked fantastic dressed up for howellween.

Till next time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wink was definitely fantastic.. as he ALWAYS is.. :bowdown: i love going and seeing him play... he needs to play a bit more frequently

his style definitely puts you in a trance

it was great to see everyone again..i have to say.. at least the drink i got was drinkable.. i will start making it a habit.. even if i cut out early.. i was hungry and i have a huge test weighing on my mind...*le sigh* heh :)

very cool, very good night ;) it was great to meet those who i hadn't met before .. i know i'll see you all around :pint:

phht, and bling, i don't dance, but i never said i didn't bob my head *laugh* ;)

:D

I wasnt there for Howells mainroom set but I doubt he was good. A few folks here and there told me he sucked ass. I was there for some or most of his patio set and guess what? It sucked ass also with the exception of a few "great tracks" he threw in there. To me killing the vibe that Cedric had going on the patio,had everyone dancing,track of the night/mornning whatever, was RITMO- Robbie Riviera dam that track owns ! ! Great buildups, wish he wouldve continued on the decks but no Shitty Howells had to come and fuck it up, I was hoping to see Roland spin ,dont know if he did I had taken enough torture from Howells that I left around 9:45 am or so...Next time Roland. :cool:I did have a good time no doubt about it.The costumes were out in full effect and the bitches were outta hand,Orange was the color last night/mornning you that know what im talking about, know.

Great to see a few familiar faces,like always its a pleasure chilling with kool peeps.If Roland wouldve taken over the decks I wouldve stayed longer but fuck it.

com'on bling you don't need some damn sobespot card,you the friggin club god.space to me isn't worth going unless it's a big time dj and a lot of people i know agree,otherwise it's the same old thing,can almost guess the next song,it sure is bright in there

For your info I thought Tiesto sucked also.

Dont hate cause Howells suck.

if anyone is hating it's u.

u'r comments above aren't even credible. u can't have an opinion on something when u weren't even there.

good god, u people down there are a trip!

if anyone is hating it's u.

u'r comments above aren't even credible. u can't have an opinion on something when u weren't even there.

good god, u people down there are a trip!

hating? why? cause i said a dj sucked? dam i didnt know i have to have a positive review on a dj eventhough i didnt think he was great.

just cause i like trance more then house doesnt mean shyt on my opinion on a house dj.I dont bash house im bashing a dj.id rather have listen to Oscar G all night or Cedric and some Roland on the patio and these djs are djs i see often and all they spin is house,so whos hating?

hating? why? cause i said a dj sucked? dam i didnt know i have to have a positive review on a dj eventhough i didnt think he was great.

just cause i like trance more then house doesnt mean shyt on my opinion on a house dj.I dont bash house im bashing a dj.id rather have listen to Oscar G all night or Cedric and some Roland on the patio and these djs are djs i see often and all they spin is house,so whos hating?

roland, oscar and cedric own...... oh and howells still aint my cup of tea

cool, i respect u guys not liking certain djs but at least have something to back it up. that's all im saying.

u can't form a proper opinion with just hearing 2-3 songs of a dj's set.

and happyface, u have to at least be present in order to say howells' main room set sucked. but u weren't so how in the hell do u form u'r opinion? just by following what everyone else said... come on guy...

cool, i respect u guys not liking certain djs but at least have something to back it up. that's all im saying.

u can't form a proper opinion with just hearing 2-3 songs of a dj's set.

and happyface, u have to at least be present in order to say howells' main room set sucked. but u weren't so how in the hell do u form u'r opinion? just by following what everyone else said... come on guy...

I wasnt there for Howells mainroom set but I doubt he was good. A few folks here and there told me he sucked ass. I was there for some or most of his patio set and guess what? It sucked ass also with the exception of a few "great tracks" he threw in there. To me killing the vibe that Cedric had going on the patio,had everyone dancing,track of the night/mornning whatever, was RITMO- Robbie Riviera dam that track owns ! ! Great buildups, wish he wouldve continued on the decks but no Shitty Howells had to come and fuck it up, I was hoping to see Roland spin ,dont know if he did I had taken enough torture from Howells that I left around 9:45 am or so...Next time Roland. :cool:I did have a good time no doubt about it.The costumes were out in full effect and the bitches were outta hand,Orange was the color last night/mornning you that know what im talking about, know.

Great to see a few familiar faces,like always its a pleasure chilling with kool peeps.If Roland wouldve taken over the decks I wouldve stayed longer but fuck it.

When I said he sucks I was talking about his patio set and about his mainroom set I said ,"I Doubt it was good". AND AND that a few peeps here and there mentioned to me that he sucked and this coming from people that have followed Howells for awhile already.

Its all good to each their own.

Peace.

HOWELLS FUCKING SUXS

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree! Josh had a great set but then Howells just killed the vibe. His first 2 records were okay but the rest blew. BUT...he seems like a very cool guy, very personable and fun.

Sorry I missed you, Leo.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree! Josh had a great set but then Howells just killed the vibe. His first 2 records were okay but the rest blew. BUT...he seems like a very cool guy, very personable and fun.

Sorry I missed you, Leo.

his first two records were ok? heh i left the second he put the second one on ........