Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ronnie takes his 7th Mr. Olympia

ou812

I have to say I was impressed. At an amazing 296 lbs onstage, he actually looked tighter than he did a year ago when he was almost 10 lbs. lighter.

1st - Ronnie Coleman

mpre0186.jpg

2nd - Jay Cutler

mpre0088.jpg

3rd - Gustavo Badel

mpre0125.jpg

4th - Dexter Jackson

mpre0020.jpg

5th - Markus Ruhl

mpre0145.jpg

6th - Gunter Schlierkamp

mpre0003.jpg

I assume you were there? How did you like the challenge round? It was definately interesting, although a few of the calls could have gone either way. Poor Gunther didnt win a single challenge, lol. Jay's back definately got bigger than last year, but it wasnt enough to take down the "rear game over lights out lat spread!" Ronnie is amazing at 41. Did you do the Expo too? I was working the Expo.

Davana Medina takes the figure again. I heard Adela won the fitness, but I didnt catch who won the Ms.O

I assume you were there? How did you like the challenge round? It was definately interesting, although a few of the calls could have gone either way. Poor Gunther didnt win a single challenge, lol. Jay's back definately got bigger than last year, but it wasnt enough to take down the "rear game over lights out lat spread!" Ronnie is amazing at 41. Did you do the Expo too? I was working the Expo.

Davana Medina takes the figure again. I heard Adela won the fitness, but I didnt catch who won the Ms.O

Nope, I wasn't there unfortunately.

http://www.flexonline.com/

But I like the idea of the challenge, I think it's a good way to mix things up.

Nope, I wasn't there unfortunately.

But I like the idea of the challenge, I think it's a good way to mix things up.

The crowd had mixed reviews on the challenge round, but it pretty much came down to the top 2 guys battling it out. I thought it was a nice change, definately made for some excitment - one pose left for the title!

The scoring goes like this. They take the top 6 after their routines and bring them back on stage. All previous point totals for the top 6 get thrown out and it sets up like this.

Ronnie got 6 points for being in 1st

Jay got 5 points for being in 2nd

Dexter got 4 points for being in 3rd

Gustavo got 3 points for being in 4th

Markus got 2 points for being in 5th

Gunther got 1 point for being in 6th

They start with 6th place, calling out each competitor for a 1 on 1 challenge. The winner of each challenge gets 2 points. Gunther called out each man and chose a pose... Gunther lost on every one of them. Then Markus went, calling out each guy 1 by 1 and choosing a pose. And so on and so forth. It also involves some strategy too because you have to know what your competitor's weaknesses are so you know what you can beat them with in a challenge. Everyone was calling Ronnie out for "abs and thighs," but he beat them each time except maybe once - I think it was Jay.

It came down to the final challenge... Let me tell ya, it was CLOSE between Ronnie and Jay in the final challenge. Jay has def added some mass to his back, but it was flatter than Ronnie's seps.

Your winner, 7-time Mr.0 - Ronnie Coleman and Arnold was there to present the trophy to the big man who tied his record of 7 titles.

I would like to see Ronnie's Blood workup. I just do not see how he can keep this up. Bigger and leaner year after year.

He may be one of those guys who are genetic freaks in that he will have no negative consequences from his drug use - but he has to be pushing the limits. Hell, even roaches submit to radiation exposure after a while.

Nautica

I would like to see Ronnie's Blood workup. I just do not see how he can keep this up. Bigger and leaner year after year.

He may be one of those guys who are genetic freaks in that he will have no negative consequences from his drug use - but he has to be pushing the limits. Hell, even roaches submit to radiation exposure after a while.

Nautica

I heard he was doing VERY large amount s of GH leading right into the event.

Cutler's back is big but unfortunately Ronnie's was bigger & more detailed too.

from the pics, ronnie's back is more defined but jay's back looks much bigger to me...from what i see ronnie has more symmetry than jay does but jay looks enormous...(IMO)

from the pics, ronnie's back is more defined but jay's back looks much bigger to me...from what i see ronnie has more symmetry than jay does but jay looks enormous...(IMO)

I don't know, I think it's just the camera's angle. Jay is straight on and Ronnie is turned to the side. I think Ronnie's got both the size and the detail.

mpre0264.jpg

i was over my friend's house and actually saw this on tv, he had a hotbox, i forget what channel this was on. but from the footage i def would give it to kutler, he just looked fucking massive. when they were doing the lat spreads he looked much bigger to me than ronnie did, coleman did have more definition, but i think the fuller look on cutler looked better. but then again this is just what looked good, im sure they have criteria and shit they have to judge on.

and btw triple h (the wrestler if anyone isn't familiar) was one of the guys doing the interviews, and holy shit, this guy is fucking tall. he was easily a head taller than everyone else, huge ass motherfucker. that is until arnold came out to present ronnie with the trophie, arnold was just as tall, i had no idea he was that huge.

oh yea, are these things at least attempted to be run as drug free, i mean do these guys get tested before the show or something? or is pretty much just a free for all as far as juice is concerned? i mean it's obvious these guys do their fair share.

• 3 weeks later...
oh yea, are these things at least attempted to be run as drug free, i mean do these guys get tested before the show or something? or is pretty much just a free for all as far as juice is concerned? i mean it's obvious these guys do their fair share.

No. It's pretty much understood in the pro ranks that it's just not that way. And yeah, Cutler is like 5'9, Ronnie is 5'10, 5'11 I think. In this day and age, to be competitive at least, Arnold would probably have to be over 300 lbs ripped to be in the top 3. When he was competing and winning 6 Olympia titles he was about 230-240. Ronnie was 295 onstage this year. Crazy.