Clubplanet Nightlife Community

behrouz in nyc?

anyone know if he ever spun or will be spinning here. just listening to his essential mix again from earlier this year, his mixing is siiick. totally flawless transitions for like a min and a half, very deep progressive sound.

He used to spin at Arc from time to time... not so sure about recently though.

I do agree... he is a sick ass dj.

-Peter

yea that's what i was listening to, i was chillin out in my room and actually really paying attention to his transitions, it's sick how well he blends the tracks. very technical kid.

i do remember hearing about him at crobar, gotta try and check him out next time.

totally flawless transitions for like a min and a half, very deep progressive sound.

i would hope so, most amatuer djs can mix for 1 min and a half, that just tossing in the record as the outro kicks in. For a proffesional, i would expect him/her to have the peak of the second track riding over the outro as apose to tossing it in as the outro starts and having the peak kick in as the 1st song ends. Thats why i love skoof, he rides tracks for like 3/12 min+ and with trance records which is VERY rare. Most people spin tribal now because its so simple to match up a beat on tribal and ride it..many minimal elements..drums etc. But with trance, its interesting to see djs like dinaire and others manage to hold and mix progressive trance tracks with so many different elements and just keep the night flowing. Only thing is, skoof is hit or miss. Someone actually quoted him saying " fuck it, if the crowd is whack, i dont even care". I dont dig that attitude, but if you catch him at a good party with a good crowd, he rips it. But i guess a dj is only as good as the crowd. It all plays an important role, but personally i love it when i see a dj going crazy and loving what he does even if there are like 5 people dancing.

i would hope so, most amatuer djs can mix for 1 min and a half, that just tossing in the record as the outro kicks in. For a proffesional, i would expect him/her to have the peak of the second track riding over the outro as apose to tossing it in as the outro starts and having the peak kick in as the 1st song ends. Thats why i love skoof, he rides tracks for like 3/12 min+ and with trance records which is VERY rare. Most people spin tribal now because its so simple to match up a beat on tribal and ride it..many minimal elements..drums etc. But with trance, its interesting to see djs like dinaire and others manage to hold and mix progressive trance tracks with so many different elements and just keep the night flowing. Only thing is, skoof is hit or miss. Someone actually quoted him saying " fuck it, if the crowd is whack, i dont even care". I dont dig that attitude, but if you catch him at a good party with a good crowd, he rips it. But i guess a dj is only as good as the crowd. It all plays an important role, but personally i love it when i see a dj going crazy and loving what he does even if there are like 5 people dancing.

just mixing outro's and intro's is no fun at all. i never do that all the time. It makes u sound blan. Mixing can be done so many many different ways. Its all about having fun doing it. When i mix i make sure its fun if the outro and intro together is whats fun then i do it(but thats not too much) even when u do outro to intro u gotta make it sound fucked up. :clap2:

agreed.... however,

IT also depends on the type of house. Ofcourse with the deep, progressive tribal dubs, intro and outro's may sound blan because there aren't too many build ups to begin with. Either that or the beat is steady. Where as if you take sexy tribal or uplifting latin percussive tunes with sing along vocals, or even filtererd house tunes, it is easier to execute intro/outro mixes and is a preferred method due to the many build ups as well as the intro/outro's being less busy.

Not too mention, alot of djs attempt to imitate progressive djs by trying to blend filtered house tracks for several minutes but it sounds like ass because there are too many things going on, with the vocals, effects and so on and build up and downs withing each track. Deep tribal does not differ much in pattern and pretty much sounds like the same 2 minute pattern being looped

There is only a few exceptions for vocal/disco house and that is when a dj is quick mixing. Then he/she can insert tracks at the peak sections.

i would hope so, most amatuer djs can mix for 1 min and a half, that just tossing in the record as the outro kicks in. For a proffesional, i would expect him/her to have the peak of the second track riding over the outro as apose to tossing it in as the outro starts and having the peak kick in as the 1st song ends. Thats why i love skoof, he rides tracks for like 3/12 min+ and with trance records which is VERY rare.

:confused:

how do i have no clue?, its a fact. Ask any dj to mix 2 tribal records, and he will nail it easily. Then give him track with many different layers and watch it be not so simple anymore. A dj will have an easier time playing "darkbeat like tracks" as apose to tossing in something with changing basslines and melodies. Tribal = minimal beats......other tracks are more melodic which musically makes some tracks difficult to hold together because their melodic peaks clash (different notes..flats etc)..so dont say im clueless. It actually has alot to do with music and music composition.

tribal = any beat with a random snare pattern and a random hh pattern . to be real, if you made an 8 count hh pattern and tossed it over a beat, most likely as long as it is on the same tempo and bar count, it will sound fine. then u can do the same with snares...toms...etc....you will see that no matter what drum instrument u use....as long as its on time/tempo..it will sound great... so when 2 tribal tracks are being mixed..u can jam that volume up to 100% with the other record and everything sounds perrfect...as the outro fades..the new record jsut comes in perfectly and ends perfectly. BUT with trance or more complex house, its not the simple, it really depends on the song selection.

just because someone is saying what they think on the board and you disagree..DOESNT MEAN THEY ARE CLUELESS..what makes you so qualified? u didnt even throw in your 2 cents for why im clueless.

what makes one tribal record more complex than another is simple...the bassline.

but most tribal tracks have a sub bassline to bring out the bass of the kick. you rarely hear a saw or anything like that on tribal tracks or basslines playing melodic patterns. the ones that do end up being the more complex tribal. another thing..has anyone every noticed that the songs that become popular end up being the songs that are simple for djs to mix? not always , but when it comes to commerical music..i find tha to be true. in my opinion, its because if its simple..most average djs can rock it..which leads it to lots of club play..which leads to popularity and exposure. like i said -commerical tracks ktuish shit.

what makes one tribal record more complex than another is simple...the bassline.

but most tribal tracks have a sub bassline to bring out the bass of the kick. you rarely hear a saw or anything like that on tribal tracks or basslines playing melodic patterns. the ones that do end up being the more complex tribal. another thing..has anyone every noticed that the songs that become popular end up being the songs that are simple for djs to mix? not always , but when it comes to commerical music..i find tha to be true. in my opinion, its because if its simple..most average djs can rock it..which leads it to lots of club play..which leads to popularity and exposure. like i said -commerical tracks ktuish shit.

Right on the money cat daddy---

one word--

LAZINESS!!!! Which is the root form of the phrase- it's who you know, not how good you are.......

xxboxx-

But let me ask you this, considering that to ride trance or vocal/disco house tracks you need the tracks to compliment each other, don't you think that it would limit the amount of tracks that you had to play? Or for that matter, one would have to have a routine?

How are you going to be on stage and trying to figure out what blends nicely with another? Tribal is easy but for the other genres....Common........

As far as I am concern, I spin vocal/disco/funky house. I am not really into tricks and riding tracks. But I know that if I had a 1 hour set on they fly(having to cover for someone)- about 10-12 tracks- the amount of tracks that complimented each other to do the riding effect vs. intro/outro or quick mixing, I could garauntee that intro/outro would be more successful in terms getting my point across and having a less hectic time. With riding, it would have to be pre-set or bring 400 tracks just to figure out what lies best with what.

Tribal is mad easy but techno,trance,disco house- forget it.

Your thougths...........

OK, your idea's on tribal are way off. Basslines? Excuse me but what makes tribal tribal is the percussion. You can have a tribal track w. no bassline or even a kick drum for that matter...its all about the hats,snares, congas etc for the most part. I could keep going on and break it down but I really dont have the time...maybe tomorrow?

And for your comments about layering tracks. Sure its fun to layer and ride mixes for 3-4 minutes but when you have too many elements riding over another it sounds like shit. Its a simple concept..just like layering clothes. When you put to much stuff on you look like a clown. Plain and simple. Most DJ's will layer a simple beat over a more complex to give the other track a push or whatever but riding 2 element heavy songs can lead to heavy ear damage. Most DJ's ride the final 1-2 minutes of a song b/c it sounds clean and there is a smooth transition(hence the reason why most tracks today end w/ just beats). Like I said sure you can ride them longer and do funky stuff but for the most part you want to have clean mixes and keep the rhythm going and the crowd moving. When you start layering too much stuff it can be on beat timing wise but sonically it can sound crazy and destroy a dance floor...