Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Party 93.1's Halloween House Party

patois

I only wish I had gotten to enjoy more of this event. Due to many delays beyond my control :mad: I didn't even get down there until 1 am - and the event was from 10-4. Just as we were walking over to the Ice Palace I heard 4 Strings finishing their set. I heard the end of "Turn It Around" and then their ending song which was a mixture of "Turn It Around" and "Take Me Away." I had seen 4 Strings 2 years ago at Star Bar which has been defunct for a while. I had really enjoyed them then. The Dutch girl is very cool. So I was very disappointed to miss their set.

Luckily the prize included VIP tickets so we went in that entrance, which led inside the Ice Palace building. The performers' stage was outside on the lawn.

We didn't know if we could leave the VIP area for a while because they had run out of wristbands at the door. So we stayed inside the VIP area for awhile. The costumes were incredible. The standouts included Uma Thurman's yellow bodysuit from Kill Bill I, a dirty old man in a hospital gown with a fake butt hanging out (a la Something's Got To Give), a whole bunch of Afro'd '70s pimpsters, a guy in a fat suit with a "Personal Trainer" T-shirt, a guy dressed up as a Hooters Girl complete with big boobs, etc....

Eventually we figured out a way to get back and forth between the VIP area and the main staging area on the lawn. Unfortunately by that time the performers were done (which had also included Motorcycle). I was pretty disappointed about that.

But the music was good inside. They spun a lot of old-skool '80s and '90s in the VIP room, and then there was another warehouse-size room where they dropped a lot of contemporary hip-hop/R&B/reggae. We had a really great time dancing for a while. We also enjoyed the open bar ;) Actually got my first taste of Red Bull. Was surprised to find out how much it tastes like bubble gum.

I was kicking myself for not taking my camera, especially since I just got a nice new digital one. But I'm sure anyone who went out last night probably got their own pictures, or at least had the pleasure of taking in the wide world of Halloween costumes....especially in Miami, with its ever-wild edge.