Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ BADASS in the a DJ magazine... Check out my interview

Hey guys this article can be found in this month DJ TIMES

Following a storming night at Ikon where DJ BADASS rocked the place

Badass needs no introduction, especially to those captivated by his mastery on the 1s and 2s, but for those unaware of his presence the DJ from North Jersey has been a massively influential figure in the State of dance for the past 3 years moved from Strictly Rhythm to Narcotic and now on to R-Senal, leaving many dancefloors in awe of his power to make you move, with funky, dubby, soulful, uplifting choons!!! Here's what he had to say...

What inspired you to become a DJ?

I started out as a break dancer when a friend of mine in Queens was a DJ. I would go along to his nights and check him out quite a lot. I loved what he did and decided I wanted to control the crowd.

So what was your first night on the decks?

It was a house party my boy Choopa held. He was playing his set but saw a girl he liked and wanted to chat to. He asked if I wanted to take over and I did even though I didn't know what to do.

So was it a success?

(Prolonged pause)……….The records were great but the mixes were horrible!!!!

You've talked before about producing a Hip-Hop album….still something which is in the pipeline?

It's still possible yeah. I think later in the year I'll do a chill out album and that may have some hip-hop.

Is the residency in Facades sorted out yet?

If you'd asked me a couple of weeks ago I'd have probably said yes but now I'd say I'm keeping my options open.

So what do you make of Facades? How much bigger can it get?

Well it's definitely gonna get bigger, whether it gets better is another matter. The Upstate New Yorkers are discovering Facades now so it is gonna be crowded this summer without a doubt.

If you had to think of the best thing about being a DJ what would it be?

The best things has gotta be having the opportunity to play music you love.

And the biggest extravagance being a DJ has afforded you?

Being able to fly Concorde before they were grounded was definitely pretty special.

You've played in St Kitts a few times and are back again later in the year, you must like it here?

Oh yeah, there's definitely a good vibe about the place. I'll be back Novemberr 30 - December 5th in a month cant wait

Billy, what do you say to all your followers

Keep your head up high and RIP IT SICKKKKKKKKK

Hey guys this article can be found in this month DJ TIMES

Following a storming night at Ikon where DJ BADASS rocked the place

Badass needs no introduction, especially to those captivated by his mastery on the 1s and 2s, but for those unaware of his presence the DJ from North Jersey has been a massively influential figure in the State of dance for the past 3 years moved from Strictly Rhythm to Narcotic and now on to R-Senal, leaving many dancefloors in awe of his power to make you move, with funky, dubby, soulful, uplifting choons!!! Here's what he had to say...

What inspired you to become a DJ?

I started out as a break dancer when a friend of mine in Queens was a DJ. I would go along to his nights and check him out quite a lot. I loved what he did and decided I wanted to control the crowd.

So what was your first night on the decks?

It was a house party my boy Choopa held. He was playing his set but saw a girl he liked and wanted to chat to. He asked if I wanted to take over and I did even though I didn't know what to do.

So was it a success?

(Prolonged pause)……….The records were great but the mixes were horrible!!!!

You've talked before about producing a Hip-Hop album….still something which is in the pipeline?

It's still possible yeah. I think later in the year I'll do a chill out album and that may have some hip-hop.

Is the residency in Facades sorted out yet?

If you'd asked me a couple of weeks ago I'd have probably said yes but now I'd say I'm keeping my options open.

So what do you make of Facades? How much bigger can it get?

Well it's definitely gonna get bigger, whether it gets better is another matter. The Upstate New Yorkers are discovering Facades now so it is gonna be crowded this summer without a doubt.

If you had to think of the best thing about being a DJ what would it be?

The best things has gotta be having the opportunity to play music you love.

And the biggest extravagance being a DJ has afforded you?

Being able to fly Concorde before they were grounded was definitely pretty special.

You've played in St Kitts a few times and are back again later in the year, you must like it here?

Oh yeah, there's definitely a good vibe about the place. I'll be back Novemberr 30 - December 5th in a month cant wait

Billy, what do you say to all your followers

Keep your head up high and RIP IT SICKKKKKKKKK

you are such a clown.....

easyyyy guy. I DIDNT ASK TO INERVIEW YOU. I asked how THEY interviewwed you. "they just contacted you?" . GEEZ

Sorry for the mix up well I anm not as popular in the states I DJ alot in the carribean... I do a couple spot in Tampa along with Brazil... My manger has alot of contacts

They contacted me through my manger he is great with networking....

I have a big gig coming up in November 30-Dec 6 in St Kitts

This is what they call...:jacked:

and this guy is way..... :otopic:

Although this thread is very.... :ghey:

and also.... :topicsuck

oh and P.S. Bad Ass CANNOT DJ for his FUCKIN' LIFE!!!!......thats a FACT boys and girls!

Hey HERPEE DICK, dont get all bent out of shape you are not getting laid anymore...

Maybe you should go back to Iraq and order a pre paid bride