Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My opinions on Bush & USA: whats yours?

i came the the conclusion months ago that bush was going to win. Lately though, seeing the recent poles, a little ray of hope shined through that MAYBE kerry could pull it off. Now its looking bad for kerry and i cant beleive how stupid the majority of ameirca is. If you look at the map, all states with major cities voted AGAINST bush(CALI,NY,WASHINGTON,ILLINOIS,etc) then you go to the midwest (where its all hicks) and they are all bush nuts.

NY <~~has balls. 911 happened to us, our families, our economy, etc etc . Yet, 90% of us dont buy this terrorism bullshit. This constant fear and paranoia coming from the govt. trying to scare us into voting republican. but the states that would NEVER get attacked happen to be filled with tobacco spitting hillbillies totally falling for all this shit. (haha who remembers the scene in moores movie where all the people in that small town -rapatapa were terrified saying, of course we think the terrorists would attack here...we have our spaghetti dinner at this resteraunt every tuesday. They might try to get us there..) give me a break. I hate to use that movie as a reference, but some things tend to show how stupid some of the americans are.

Internationally, the world didnt hate america, they hated our govt reps. When i was overseas this summer, all ii kept hearing was, listen- we dont agreee with the decisions your govt is making, we dont blame the people because you didint know this would happen. BUT NOW AFTER ALL THE SHIT THAT BUSH HAS PUT US THROUGH, FOR US TO STILLLLLL VOTE FOR HIM, LOOKS REALLY FUCKING BAD.

The rest of the world is going to turn around and say -"see, apprarently the americans DO support this moron, so they are just as bad for agreeing with his hitler like methods"

and dont say FUCK the rest of the world..BECAUSE AMERICA NEEDS TO LEARN THAT WE DONT OWN EARTH AND ITS PEOPLE. IF 90% OF THE WORLD THINKS WHAT WE ARE DOING IS WRONG, WE SHOULDNT JUST SAY..FUCK THEM. WE SHOULD SAY..HMM MAYBE THEY HAVE A POINT. BUT NOO AMERICANS CAN BE TOO AROGANT AND TOO IGNORANT. WE ARENT THE WORLDS LEADERS AND WE HAVE TO STOP LOOKING AT OTHER COUNTRIES AS 3RD PARTY CITIZENS OF EARTH. HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU PEOPLE BUT WITH THE EUROPEAN UNION GETTING STRONGER, AMERICA IS SOON TO BE #2 IN 10-20 YEARS. THEIR ECONOMY IS RIPPING OURS APART,THEY ARE MORE EDUCATED, AND NOBODY REALLY HAS PROBLEMS WITHT HEM. ALL THE STRIKES ARE AGAINST US. SO LETS STOP BEING COCKY ASSHOLES AND START LISTENING TO WHAT THE WORLD HAS TO SAY,WHETHER ITS A POLITICAL PARTY IN ITALY OR A GROUP OF TERRORISTS. THE ONLY WAY TO STOP TERROR IS BY UNDERSTANDING THEIR REASONS. (AND DONT SAY BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL CRAZY KILLERS, -I DONT AGREE WITH THEIR METHODS, BUT WE HAVE KILLED HUNDREDS AND THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE EAST DAILY OVER THE YEARS AND NOBODY CARES...BUT THEN 911 HAPPENS-AND WE FEEL VIOLATED(WHICH WE SHOULD)...BUT HOW DO YOU THINK THE PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE EAST FEEL WHEN WE KILL ALL THOSE INNOCENT PEOPLE ALL THE TIME OVER THE DECADES..HMM COULD WE HAVE FUELED TERROR? AND IS VOTING BUSH REALLY HELPING?

PS- dont bash me, im just saying my opinions, if you disagree, tell me why and give me reasons, i would like a nice intellectual debate on this post. no comments like "YOUR STUPID, IF YOU HATE AMERICA.>LEAVE"

You post this:

This constant fear and paranoia coming from the govt. trying to scare us into voting republican. but the states that would NEVER get attacked happen to be filled with tobacco spitting hillbillies totally falling for all this shit. (haha who remembers the scene in moores movie where all the people in that small town -rapatapa were terrified saying, of course we think the terrorists would attack here...we have our spaghetti dinner at this resteraunt every tuesday. They might try to get us there..)

and you don't expect to get bashed? Good luck with that sir!

i came the the conclusion months ago that bush was going to win. Lately though, seeing the recent poles, a little ray of hope shined through that MAYBE kerry could pull it off. Now its looking bad for kerry and i cant beleive how stupid the majority of ameirca is. If you look at the map, all states with major cities voted AGAINST bush(CALI,NY,WASHINGTON,ILLINOIS,etc) then you go to the midwest (where its all hicks) and they are all bush nuts.

You are absolutely right. Most of the coast states went to Kerry. The dumb hillbillies went for Bush. The exception was the southern east coast, but they are all religious fanatics anyway--they are all anti-choice.

At about the time our original 13 states adopted their new constitution, in the year 1787, Alexander Tyler (a Scottish history professor at The University of Edinborough) had this to say about "The Fall of The Athenian Republic" some 2,000 years prior:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the worlds greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From Bondage to spiritual faith;

From spiritual faith to great courage;

From courage to liberty;

From liberty to abundance;

From abundance to complacency;

From complacency to apathy;

From apathy to dependence;

From dependence back into bondage."

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning the most recent Presidential election (2000):

Population of counties won by:

Gore = 127 million

Bush = 143 million

Square miles of land won by:

Gore = 580,000

Bush = 2,427,000

States won by:

Gore = 19

Bush = 29

Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by:

Gore = 13.2

Bush = 2.1

Professor Olson adds:

"In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the tax-paying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off government welfare . . ."

Olson believes the U.S. is now somewhere between the "apathy" and "complacency" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy with some 40 percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

Just food for thought. Terrorism isnt everything.

-M

I agree with you completely...my boss and I were just talking about it and we decided that the only solution is for the East Coast (and some of the West Coast) to secede. The East Coast will be called "Smartland," the West Coast will be called, "Creative Land," and the rest of the country will be "Crazy Fundamentalist Land," sponsored by NASCAR and Budweiser. I am really scared to think what Bush might be able to do with the backing of a Republican congress...hopefully Kerry will pull through by some miracle.

P.S. My favorite part of Fahrenheit was when they were interviewing those hicks..."well, we do have a Wal-Mart, they might want to go after that..." :laugh:

terrorism isnt everything, BUT unfortunately, most votes were strongly influenced by the terror situation, and stats show that most people feel safe with bush and his policies BUT, most of those people are people who have never really been around the world and they dont look at the rest of the world as an issue. I do. very seriosuly actually. My vote was influenced by the fact that bush is fueling MORE terrorism, creating more terrorists , and getting more of the world to hate the US. I wll never agree with a president who attacks in INNOCENT country, killing thousands of innocent people along the way. Im not stupid, im not going to fall for that WMD shit. IRAQ was never going t be a threat....saddam had nothing. All he had was the power over his coutnry and his people. He was a dick and was a horrible dictator, but he had no real power to go up against the rest of the world, he wasnt even planing it..we are still waiting for proof. Too many holes and questions were left unanswered. , can we really trust bush? in my opinion i dont see how ANYONE with half a brain can trust this man. he is no worse than hitler.

DICK/BUSH got away with lies , they totally succeeded with their plan to fool the american people into backing them up. Just so they can make ALOT of DINERO$$$$$. now that they got away with it all, they wont stop there, they will keep using their power for their own benefit. They are sitting down now laughing and saying "HAHA WE PULLED IT OFF-NOW LETS TAKE THIS FURTHER". The usa is going to be in alot of trouble the next 10 years. all as a result of those dicks using us as puppets.

oh yeah, why are we in iraq huh? to free the people by killing thousands of children and families...by bombing hospitals?, gee im sure they will thank us in the long run. they will learn to forget that we destroyed their country and home all in the name of rebuilding it. uh huh..that wont make more terror. no not at all. thats stopping it right? I DONT THINK SO. first of all iraq has no records of any terrorist groups, thats all about to change.

in my opinion i dont see how ANYONE with half a brain can trust this man. he is no worse than hitler.

Please, when you ask to have an intellectual debate, try to use some rationale in your statements. Comparing GWB to Hitler is absurd.

Look, i understand your emotions, and how you feel about the world view of America. I've travelled, and continue to travel extensively throughout Europe and what you're saying is very true, however I disagree with the level of importance you give it.

While I dont agree with many of the decisions this President (and the republican party) has made, I believe this platform as a whole is better when compared to the alternative.

On a side note, is anyone else happy that Prop 71 passed in California?

For those that dont know what it is:

Proposition 71 - Establishes institute to regulate stem cell research and provide up to $3 billion in funding for research.

100% Precincts Reporting

Yes - 5,633,989 (59%)

No - 3,910,176 (41%)

in my opinion i dont see how ANYONE with half a brain can trust this man. he is no worse than hitler.

Please, when you ask to have an intellectual debate, try to use some rationale in your statements. Comparing GWB to Hitler is absurd.

Look, i understand your emotions, and how you feel about the world view of America. I've travelled, and continue to travel extensively throughout Europe and what you're saying is very true, however I disagree with the level of importance you give it.

While I dont agree with many of the decisions this President (and the republican party) has made, I believe this platform as a whole is better when compared to the alternative.

On a side note, is anyone else happy that Prop 71 passed in California?

For those that dont know what it is:

Proposition 71 - Establishes institute to regulate stem cell research and provide up to $3 billion in funding for research.

100% Precincts Reporting

Yes - 5,633,989 (59%)

No - 3,910,176 (41%)

ok, the "half a brain" statement was definitly contradicting what i said about having a clean debate. so sorry, jsut came out as i was typing my point. But comparing bush to hitler is not absurd. Many agree, and there is no point going into why, but in my opinion, we couldnt have a worse representative. Ok if you say the republican party is a better party overal, fine. BUT my concern is we have the wrong 2 people representing our country AND THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT. So if we forget about the fact that bush and dick just want to look after their own penny..and if we forget about terror and the war. OK maybe the republicans have better plans for this country as apose to the democrates, it still doesnt change the fact taht 2 horrible people are using their positions to benefit themselves at the cost of the lives and the jobs of many.

to vote republican = fine, everyone has their opinions.

to vote bush and dick = doesnt make ANY sense.

and beacuse of those 2, i would much rather have another party win, because in the end, i beleive less damage will be done to our country as a whole

I agree with you completely...my boss and I were just talking about it and we decided that the only solution is for the East Coast (and some of the West Coast) to secede. The East Coast will be called "Smartland," the West Coast will be called, "Creative Land," and the rest of the country will be "Crazy Fundamentalist Land," sponsored by NASCAR and Budweiser. I am really scared to think what Bush might be able to do with the backing of a Republican congress...hopefully Kerry will pull through by some miracle.

P.S. My favorite part of Fahrenheit was when they were interviewing those hicks..."well, we do have a Wal-Mart, they might want to go after that..." :laugh:

:laugh:

truex1200: you said exactly what i have been thinking.

bush's whole platform was on terrorism and 9/11. the only places terrorism will most likely happen went for Kerry for President. yet because some mother in Hicksville is worried about terrorism, Bush wins again. That same mother should be more informed and worried about her kids being drafted into a ridiculous war than the local Piggly Wiggly having a plane crashed into it by Al Quada.

You post this:

and you don't expect to get bashed? Good luck with that sir!

what's your logic in this statement sir??? Everything makes perfect sense. Let's see an intelligent comment from you for once...

in fahrenheit 9/11 moore interviewed a bunch of hicks washing a car and the leader townie states "you cant trust anybody ya dont know.. heck!! ya cant even trust those you do know" c'mon now... are you serious?? are people really this stupid??? :mad::mad::mad:

and it's funny how the coast states, where terrorism is a "real" threat, voted overwelmingly for kerry... why the fuck would anybody in south dakota be scared of terrorism... why would some yokle in kentucky be scared of terrorism??? who the fuck would want to do anything to kentucky?? what does kentucky have that would be deemed a "worthy" target by terrorists?? seriously.. kentucky has dollywood... they have graceland... they have SHIT!!

to whoever said that bush is breeding more terrorists i completey agree you 100% all these young 16-17 iraqi's will probably growing up hating america... we're digging ourselves deeper here people..

well... it's official.. bush won.... sheeit...

i have to study for a chemistry midterm so i have to end this early..

^ forget drafted, im looking even more into the future. 20 years from now, the kids of the people who got attacked in iraq at the present time are going come back for revenge. which means more terrorism, which means more problems for the world..economy and everything is effected. We are giving the world more reasons to hate us. like i said, this time around they are going to look at the american people and say see...the still supprot this asshole after all his fuck ups. terror might be silenced for now..but in 10-20 years, i wouldnt surprised if someone dropped a nuke on us for what we are doing today.

what's your logic in this statement sir??? Everything makes perfect sense. Let's see an intelligent comment from you for once...

in fahrenheit 9/11 moore interviewed a bunch of hicks washing a car and the leader townie states "you cant trust anybody ya dont know.. heck!! ya cant even trust those you do know" c'mon now... are you serious?? are people really this stupid??? :mad::mad::mad:

and it's funny how the coast states, where terrorism is a "real" threat, voted overwelmingly for kerry... why the fuck would anybody in south dakota be scared of terrorism... why would some yokle in kentucky be scared of terrorism??? who the fuck would want to do anything to kentucky?? what does kentucky have that would be deemed a "worthy" target by terrorists?? seriously.. kentucky has dollywood... they have graceland... they have SHIT!!

well... it's official.. bush won.... sheeit...

i have to study for a chemistry midterm so i have to end this early..

Since I have live in a rural area for 5 years and know quite a few people from that area...I'll tell you the reason:

THEY DO NOT TRUST JOHN KERRY!!

Period...100% of the people that I spoke said that. Now grow up and RESPECT their decision and stop bashing people that voted for Bush - it makes you seem uneducated and ignorant.

oh and BTW - Good job in helping to make Michael Moore filthy rich! ;)

screw mike moore, he became filthy rich off all the publicity he got from your freinds that supoer BUSH!. they made sucha big deal out of the movie b4 it came out that once it did EVERYONE WENT TO SEE IT. Mr moore did a descent jobe proving his point and the "conservatives" are no better, they made FARENHYPE911 with zel miller and ed koch LMAO. pathetic.

anywayz, ok they dotn trust john kerry, when he hasnt even had a chance to prove himself(i dont care for kerry either but he is better than bush) yet bush lied, killed, fucked up,covered it up, and got away with all that...and yet they trust bush more?

HA

screw mike moore, he became filthy rich off all the publicity he got from your freinds that supoer BUSH!. they made sucha big deal out of the movie b4 it came out that once it did EVERYONE WENT TO SEE IT. Mr moore did a descent jobe proving his point and the "conservatives" are no better, they made FARENHYPE911 with zel miller and ed koch LMAO. pathetic.

anywayz, ok they dotn trust john kerry, when he hasnt even had a chance to prove himself(i dont care for kerry either but he is better than bush) yet bush lied, killed, fucked up,covered it up, and got away with all that...and yet they trust bush more?

HA

exactly...if they don't trust Kerry why the fuck would they trust Bush?! He can't even put a sentence together! arrrrgh! I can't believe we are officially facing four more years of Bush....this is too depressing to think about :yuck:

HA

You don't care for Kerry but voted for him? How asinine is THAT??

LOL

"That same mother should be more informed and worried about her kids being drafted into a ridiculous war than the local Piggly Wiggly having a plane crashed into it by Al Quada."

Why do people always rip on Piggly Wiggly?! Leave 'em alone. Go rip on Safeway or Albertsons.

I am honestly pissed off about the whole thing.. I honestly want to know those of you who voted for BUSH why you voted for him? If you say terrorism and war you fell right into the spin of the GOP and what they wanted you to believe. Yes terrorism and the attacks on this country was the worst thing any of us have seen, but to exploit the shit out it is just bs... HELLO PEOPLE WAKE UP, IRAQ was not responsible for what happened, and where are all these WMD.. If I were all of you I'd be asking what the fuck are we going to do about North Korea, those fuckers scare the shit out me with their capabilities.

Another thing, Stem Cell Research is huge, and BUsh and his self-rightgeous Christian Beliefs, do you really think we are going to get anywhere with that.. Abortion, I'm not totally for or totally against, but shit women, come on you want some guy dictating what you want to do with your own body.. Healthcare, THE ECONOMY is in ruins and you think his little tax cuts help us out.. If we all remember the economy was booming when Mr. Clinton was in office, and this country was not as divided as it is now..Cheney and Halliburton, the Enron scandle... I sometimes believe people in this country cannot think for themselves and believe everything they hear... I know people who were not registered, and people who said Im voting for Bush cause I don't know anything about the other guy. You have got to be fuckin kidding me.. Throw your vote away to a guy who says Jesus told him to invade Iraq... And for all you who voted when there is a draft we will see how much you are for a war in Iraq... Four more years of lies and bullshit is not what this country needed.

Yes Bush won by 3.5 million votes and everyone said they voted for him because of Morals... What about everything else in this country... Well, I have to go argue my co workers about this.. But I will say this, President Bush you have your work cut out for you.. You have a nation divided, and a the world divided on how they feel about the US... Everything the US has done to help out in that region has come back to bite us in the ass... So think about shit instead of your fuckin convictions and talks with Jesus in your sleep...