Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Diamondbacks Fire New Manager Backman

vicman

1 minute ago

By BOB BAUM, AP Sports Writer

PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks (news) on Friday fired Wally Backman, just four days after naming him their new manager.

The decision to oust him so quickly came after revelations that he had twice been arrested and struggled with financial problems. The team, under new management this year, had been unaware of Backman's problems until media reports surfaced.

holy lol, this was faster than steinbrenner's firings of countless managers in the 80's.

1 minute ago

By BOB BAUM, AP Sports Writer

PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks (news) on Friday fired Wally Backman, just four days after naming him their new manager.

The decision to oust him so quickly came after revelations that he had twice been arrested and struggled with financial problems. The team, under new management this year, had been unaware of Backman's problems until media reports surfaced.

holy lol, this was faster than steinbrenner's firings of countless managers in the 80's.

In a way i dont feel sorry for him getting the boot.... now, we all know that.. its what he does on the field that should matter.. true... teams wanna win championships.... but at what price ?? most of the blemishes on his past notwithstanding, just the fact that he used his ex-wife as a punching bag is grounds enuff to get black-balled. fuck him and his temper. I hope he never get a job in mlb.

Half of professional sports players should be black-balled then. Don't act like this shit doesn't happen everyday, everywhere.

true it happens everyday, everywhere...but thats exactly what is wrong. condoning domestic abuse just because it is not an isolated case is the wrong course of action no matter how you slice or dice it. athletes are in the public eye and granting people that have fucked up majorly in the past (while trying to hide no less) should not be given any type up managerial/upper management position much less play

Don't act like this shit doesn't happen everyday, everywhere.

i think you misread my post... i do not condone domestic violence in any form or manner nor stick my head in the sand and act like it doesnt happen..... and that does not preclude owners. thats why i singled out the act as the most henious of them all listed. .... and you are right, that shit goes on everyday, mostly we dont hear about it, but it does happen. I have no problem with somebody getting black balled for it. i'm sorry, you made the bed, you sleep in it..plain n simple.

now that i've clarified... give me sum muthafuking cool rep points damnit !! :tongue: