Clubplanet Nightlife Community

system question

whytevinyl

just got an eclipse hatch...

never owned a system before

as far as subs go i need some advice..

i play alot of house and trance music, no rap at all..it seems as if 2 12's would be good for rap..with that dragging bass..

But am i wrong in thinking if i want a more clearer sound with punch to it to fit the kinda music, two 10's or 1 12 would be better..ive been in some cars it seems as if when theres two 12s that its too much bassand when playin house the bass seems to drag on too long sounding like theres a delay in the song..

im sure theres a easier way to describe this haha..

but yeah i need some help...

thanks

I think you are questioning which sub would give you the sound you are looking for... wrong way to look at it. Number of subs isn't as important as the type of enclosure you use and application.

1. Sealed boxes are good for tight, hard bass... problem with this setup is that you usually need to drive the subs with more power since the box setup isn't as efficient. Additionally since you have a hatch, I would probably avoid a sealed box since it would hit hard and would rattle your rear hatch (depending on how old your car is). If the weather stripping is good and you have a tight seal this may not be as much of a problem.

2. Vented/Bandpass boxes... usually more efficient than sealed. Rather than rehash a discussion, I will just tell you a real life experience. I used to be heavy into car stereos/installs five years ago. At the time I had an explorer with a 1,500 watt system. Including in the layout was a sealed box with two twelve inch RF subs capable of 400watts rms. I thought at the time that the system was unabelievable and used to drive around with my rear hatch window opened due to the sound pressure.

Fast forward a number of years and I have a small system in my Mustang (I'm more speed than sound). But I installed a 10" bandpass box and was very happy with the results.

Just this past week I built a custom vented box for a 12" Infinity VQ sub that I picked up for my new civic. I never went the ported/vented route since my first car (Taurus)... but I still can't believe the sound coming from this thing. Equal balance of hard and soft bass. Of course, your problem of bass can be adjusted directly to your tailoring with the addition of an equalizer to your setup. With that said - my current civic setup (pushing only 500 watts rms Infinity sub included) is definitely much more spl than two RF 12"s that I had earlier.

There are a ton of subs out there and tons of setups (in addition to free air subs) that you can get away with in your hatch using the wheel well area...

PS - in a hatch (in my opinion), bass usually never sounds as good as a car with a trunk. Some cars have proved me wrong though.

If you have specific questions... shoot em.

if your looking for a nice crisp sound, and you dont want to spend too much $$$, go with the xplode system. You really cant go wrong.

There home stuff is pretty good but there car shit blows. Remember, you get what you pay for so spend the extra money it will be worth it playa...... Alpine all the way!!! :bounce:

U better off going wit 2 10's in an open box... amke sure u amp the sub..duh... and amp the speaker in order to get clear sound the ohm and watts on your speaker wil never over power the sub so thats why its good to amp then plus u wont have bass come outta the spekers either so they would act like an autamic tweeter.... if u have any questions.. hit me up eeveryday@aol.com