Clubplanet Nightlife Community

9/11 Families get rich over attacks...

According to this article, the families of the victims of the 9/11 attacks received, on average, $3.1 million in government and charitable awards. Does that strike anybody else as a little much? Charity aside, why is the government paying anything out?

http://www.iht.com/bin/print_ipub.php?file=/articles/2004/11/09/news/wtc.html

they lost family members you dumb fuck!

actually not much when you consider how much they could have sued for when u take into account firemen who had radios that didnt work, etc.

What did that McDonald's hot coffee cunt get?? i betcha shes right up there.

Also who knows how much they got from charity?

I think the McDonalds coffee lady should have been shot first of all, the Judge who tried the case should have been strung up by his balls for the original settlement.....

Compensatory damages was 200,000.

Punitive Damages was 2.7 million

trial court later changed punitive damages to 480,000.

so in total she recieved 680000

Do you think the government shouldnt have paid?

I'm interested to hear what you think of the government (you and me involuntarily) contributing to the average of $3.1 million for the families of the victims.

You know, the topic not the "McDonald's hot coffee cunt", insurance, or charities that raise millions.....

what about all of the soldiers who have have killed and maimed fo this country and get diddly shit except for maybe a disgusting VA hospital???? I'm sure their families didn't get 3 mil.

Let me tell you something there dependents may be eligible to receive much much more then 3 mil. And joining gives them more then 3 mil with the perks what job do you know where you get a salary, on top of a free Education, on top of Housing, Housing Allowance, Child Support, Medical Care, Retirement pay,etc. Dont give me that shit bro nice try though

Ok dude look… those people who died absolutely deserve 3 mil and more….. Especially if a dad or mom has a family with children,

In my opinion……. based on how many children were left fatherless or motherless or both, the compensation should escalate accordingly as far as the American military men that are losing their lives as we type, their families based on the amount of children left behind should receive just as much money from the Us government as the 9.11 victims. Cause there Victims as Well

We hear at home sit behind computers these days and take our freedom for granted…

For anyone who debates this opinion simply has No heart My 2 cents EDDIE

what about all of the soldiers who have have killed and maimed fo this country and get diddly shit except for maybe a disgusting VA hospital???? I'm sure their families didn't get 3 mil.

i think they get 250k. my bf is a marine and he told me something like that (dont quote me on it cuz i am not sure). 250k is NOTHING and the soldiers in iraq are not only risking their lives EVERYDAY but they aslo have been living for months in shitholes.

Let me tell you something there dependents may be eligible to receive much much more then 3 mil. And joining gives them more then 3 mil with the perks what job do you know where you get a salary, on top of a free Education, on top of Housing, Housing Allowance, Child Support, Medical Care, Retirement pay,etc. Dont give me that shit bro nice try though

KEEP DREAMING. they dont get any of that shit. you have to be in for 20+ years to get life benefits and retirement. most people do not choose to do that for their life path so they dont get any of that crap. as for education, it is not how they make it out to be. you can get SOME money but not FREE education. you only get housing allowence when youre active and you make pretty much minimum wage (HOURLY). housing allowence depends on where you live so if they decide to station you out in the middle of iowa (and they might) you would probably get a big 300 bucks for housing. BIG DEAL.

you have no idea what youre talking about so stop acting like you know. :hat:

besides the point, if youre a reserve you can just have to stop your life and go away at any minute. if youre active you cant focus on your personal goals because you have to dedicate ALL your time to the military. you have to give up all your goals and be a # with no freedom.

I'm interested to hear what you think of the government (you and me involuntarily) contributing to the average of $3.1 million for the families of the victims.

You know, the topic not the "McDonald's hot coffee cunt", insurance, or charities that raise millions.....

I'm disappointed that we have to contribute to the government's fuck up. But that doesnt mean that those people aren't deserving of some sort of compensation. Someone is liable for those deaths. Rather than let the Airline Industry collapse, the government chose to cap what families could get. Imagine a jury awarding hundreds of millions of dollars in punitive damages to each family. It would sink the airlines involved that day.

Not to mention, the government was at fault, as gov. agencies are responsible for rooting out terrorism and checking passengers on flights.

ALSO I would hardly call those families 'rich'. The young parents who left behind kids with college payments and mortgage payments and all kinds of other expenses will not be out partying with Paris Hilton with that money.

The girl whose leg got mangled by a subway LIVED and got 20 million in lifetime lost wages and pain and suffering. Thats ridiculous to me.