Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Aquabooty @ STATE: Review...

philippio

Before I get into the details, let me just say that this party was well worth every one of the 205 miles I drove to get to Miami! My night started off at about 11:00 as I walked through the doors of State. The decor was very warm and inviting (most suitable for an Aquabooty event) and the sound system was simply top notch but the crowd didn't start filtering in until about 11:45. I think Djinji was spinning first. He was playing very mellow to set the mood for what was to come. Lots of deep house smoothies provided the perfect ambience for those arriving to meet friends, socializing and catching up. By 12:30 State was nearly packed already and the DHM boys were taking over. But that didn't keep Tomas from frantically running around being the gracious host that he is (Joe showed up a little while later). DHM picked up well from where Djinji left off but in my opinion, the set became too upbeat a bit too quickly. There was one quite noticeable trainwreck but recovery was speedy and things moved forward. At some point a salsa track was played and that got everyone's attention. It was a welcome departure, even for just a few minutes, from the uniformity of the 4/4. I remember hearing the classic 'Good Life' early on as well as the Charles Webster Chunkster Mix of Oscar G. & Stryke's 'Hypnotized'. I may also have heard J & S 'Unasaxomas' but not sure.

I think Miguel Migs took over at around 1ish, picking up where DHM left off. Although I thought he would have to slow things down instantly before Lisa Shaw came on, he continued lifting the energy for a while. This somewhat made me realize that DHM's opener did make sense in the overall scheme of things. I was faced with the refreshing notion that this night wasn't about starting with nothing and progressively pumping the crowd. Rather, it was more about creating an atmosphere with music that followed a crest and trough pattern. Indeed, I was beginning to really get into it. I only had 3 drinks and I'm glad because it was definitely a vibeful crowd and I quickly realized that alcohol was not even mandatory to have a good time (even though funketeer was imbibing whiskey after whiskey between spells of dancing like Bugaloo Shrimp). Lisa Shaw started off with a few welcoming words to her loyal followers in Miami. Just hearing her smooth satin voice wash into the room was pure bliss! Besides her own 'Always', she sung over the instrumental to Lovetronic's 'You Are Love' as well as Migs' 'Think It Over' from the Colourful You album. Those were the only 3 songs I instantly recognized. There may have been some material from the 25th Street Sounds set but I'm not familiar with it yet. Needless to say, the area around the stage was packed tight. People were really dancing their hearts out! Here, I would like to point out that it seemed as though State was unprepared for the size of the crowd. The little VIP area in the center of the room should have been removed to make more dancing space. The crowd would have certainly appreciated it, I'm sure. I was so delighted to see many familiar faces, including Sami (wearing yet another one of her fancy hats). I've always noticed how Aquabooty parties really bring out the househeads from out of the woodworks. :) I'm sure Joe and Tomas were thrilled with the turnout after such hard promoting work. Their joy was justified. :D I have no idea what the parties on Nocturnal's patio will be like but suffice it to say, last night was the perfect kickoff to yet another season of great Aquabooty events! :bowdown:

At around 2:30 Migs was playing harder than I ever thought I'd heard him play. Lisa Shaw took the mic a second time and we were all treated to more vocal ecstasy. She ended her suite by receiving a very warm and greatful applaud by everyone that was there and immediately started socializing with people once she stepped off the stage. The end of the night was just an incessant medley of smooth deep house, lots of Naked Music sexiness and a whole lot of swanky girls and boys really feeling the music. Funketeer and laliux were really having the time of their lives! But so was everyone else!Finally, I want to send out a very warm and sincere couple of words to Rich (djrx06) who has made a very strong recovery and was very optimistic and upbeat all night. It's been a while but it was my pleasure to see you out again and more importantly, to see you healthy and strong! I'd also like to welcome azerr and nden1078 to the CP family. Two more househeads are most definitely welcome here! :D

Last but certainly at the top of my list of people to thank: Joe and Tomas. There's really very little more to say than that you guys know how to do things right! It's been a long time since I've enjoyed being out so much. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you! I am 100% confident that we'll be seeing many nights of great house music this season! Keep up the great work! :bowdown::D

Aquabooty has done it again!!!..Awesome Party!!!

The night started just ok...the music was just ok but when Stephen from DHM took over again after the little salsa incident things got better. Place was packed and I think the whole crowd would have appreciated that the VIP on the dance floor needed to go..just a thought for next time.

Miguel Migs was simply outstanding dropping those smooth and soothing naked music beats...took the whole crowd on a very sexy deep house journey. Lisa Shaw graced all of us with her sweet and sexy voice and provided us with lots of soul through her vocals. Around 3:30 Migs was really going off and dropping bomb after bomb...everyone was dancing everywhere, not only on the dance floor.

It was good to see the usual househeads. Had a great time and can't wait till next time.

Aquabooty has done it again!!!..Awesome Party!!!

The night started just ok...the music was just ok but when Stephen from DHM took over again after the little salsa incident things got better. Place was packed and I think the whole crowd would have appreciated that the VIP on the dance floor needed to go..just a thought for next time.

Miguel Migs was simply outstanding dropping those smooth and soothing naked music beats...took the whole crowd on a very sexy deep house journey. Lisa Shaw graced all of us with her sweet and sexy voice and provided us with lots of soul through her vocals. Around 3:30 Migs was really going off and dropping bomb after bomb...everyone was dancing everywhere, not only on the dance floor.

It was good to see the usual househeads. Had a great time and can't wait till next time.

STFU YOU FAG !!!!!

Imagine me...a mean-looking-hungry, the star of a hollywood movie! :eek:

Seriously, Aquabooty fits like a glove...Joe and Tom own the vibe, if this is a sign of things to come...bring it on and keep it coming!

It was really cool to see CP representing strong...Laliux, Phil, Chaflas, Raincry, Felicia, The Phoenix, George, Alan and of course Johnny...Walker that is ;)

The house was nicely packed with punane and killer beats...

Miguel Miggs rocked the house, I had a blast...good review Phil, peace-out dawg!

Jah man, what a night!

:party::rock:

:aright::devil: