Clubplanet Nightlife Community

East coastBoogiemen this weekend!!

patchofsoul

For those of you unfamiliar with ECB, here's a mix that was posted on Lust4House...

EastCoastBoogiemen - 'Now I Know My 1,2,3's'

East Coast Boogiemen (ECB) is made up of lifelong friends Ken Christensen and Juan Zapata who started their DJ careers in Washington DC on the East Coast of the USA. They now tour the US and Europe extensively doing live DJ performances which can include using up to six turntables and two mixers!

After releasing a huge amount of 12"s during 2002 and 2003 on labels such as Astralwerks, Amenti, Brique Rouge and Aroma, I asked ECB why they have been so quiet of late.

" One major reason is that we have been traveling a lot as DJs. I definitely separate the production from being a DJ. Being a DJ is our passion. The other reason is we have been working on a full album. We feel that a first album is very important and we are kind of perfectionists when it comes to the Junkyard (our studios)."

Apart from working on their first full album, ECB have been doing remixes and working with artists such as DJ Heather, Olivier Desmet, Lawnchair Generals and Swirl People. They also have plans to release new music on their label ‘Mama's Home Cookin’, which will include remixes of Al Green, Skee Lo and Bill Withers.

"To the people that have been waiting, we would like to say thank you so much for all your support and we apologize for letting you wait. But I promise that starting this September, we are back!"

ECB are definitely backo.

:D