Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone living in MIA who used to live in NY and party at SF or Tunnel?

eivissa

I work for Crobar myself and I have to say that one of the few parties that I myself can compare to a NYC party such as SF (when Eddie Baez used to spins there before J.P.), The Tunnel (back when Danny Tenaglia had his residence on Saturday night) lets see can you go as far back as Red Zone, Mars and Quick ??? Well I must say the no additude, throw on your fucking jeans and sneakers and dance your ass off party goes to Aquabooty!!! Good vibes and no stuck of assholes.

In fact I went to State for Migs party and it was really funny how I saw a group of 4 prissy Miami bitches standing by the bar like they were hot shit. You can tell that they just didnt fit with the crowd. What was even funnier was that it didnt matter how big the tits were or what a perfect ass they had, no one paid them any mind the whole time I was there!!! LOL

Unfortunately, I wasn't going to the Tunnel that far back- I started going in 1997 until around when it closed. But it was a great place where no cared and just had fun- i am glad I got to experience it! By the way, where is Aquabooty and when you say Blue Bar do you mean Blue by Crobar?

the old Space was pretty close to SF ... the new space is a bit to big , and the congestion on the dancefloor is nutz. never seen so many people get on a dancefloor to pose and stand around, but whatever that’s miami. no battles at Space!! LOL OG regulates that mainroom, but you really can’t enjoy it until the club empties out a bit.

the terrace at Space for me is always on point. the music is always good, and the vibe is lot different from the mainroom.. my crew and I have a blast whenever we go out. for me it’s more important to surround yourself with peeps that are as nutz as you , that tends to make for a better time all around.

btw come check out Fuct3 on December 4th ..you will meet a lot of kewl peeps there. :)

can't I am going to Disney that weekend

I never went to Tunnel but I went to Sound Factory 3 or 4 times. Jonathan Peters is an awful DJ, first and foremost. But SF had some hot girls (and the unisex bathrooms were great too).

Here's a tip: don't rely on venues. Rely on who's throwing the party. Then go with Aquabooty and Lust4House (and X'ess if they happen to be throwing a party here). :D

thanks i will keep that in mind

1. JP rules

2. Thank god we don't have dancefloor battles in Miami....

I agree with the dance floor battles- however I did see some amazing dancers at SF- I going to Spirit in NY where JP djs now next Sat.- I will let you know if they have battles on that dance floor- lol

I find these nostalgiac postings for Sound Factory very ironic. I used to live in NY and would occasionally go to Sound Factory and found it getting slimier and sleazier every time. The Sound Factory that I remember was packed dance floor full of juiced up meatheads dancing with their shirts off.

It was ridiculous. The music was okay but not great because Jonathan Peters would play a 60 minute version of some song you heard on the radio on the way to the club. The girls were hot but kind of stuck up. And most people were either in a K-hole or wish that they were in one. When I heard it closed down I didn't feel one bit of remose.

A club I have fonder memories of was Twilo, that was a true party were everyone was welcome and they booked outstanding talent every weekend.

Therea a cool gathering today at Liquor Lounge

16th and Collins, Starting at 10....I been to Sound Factory back in the day and i know the type of vibe you are seeking...also I used to go to the Shelter, Body & Soul and the real NY House parties. So im kinda old school...but this gathering tonight is cool because i'll be selecting music from 10 to 12 mid. and im sure you'll love every minute of it!!...come check it out.... :)

Therea a cool gathering today at Liquor Lounge

16th and Collins, Starting at 10....I been to Sound Factory back in the day and i know the type of vibe you are seeking...also I used to go to the Shelter, Body & Soul and the real NY House parties. So im kinda old school...but this gathering tonight is cool because i'll be selecting music from 10 to 12 mid. and im sure you'll love every minute of it!!...come check it out.... :)

Body & Soul parties rock!

Francois K., Danny Krivit, Tedd Patterson, Timmy Regisford... man I miss NYC! :D

But I hear Aquabooty might be bringing Francois K. to Miami this season. :aright:

i know what you are saying about factory- it did get worse over time but I am talking about when soundfactory was really good in like 98 or so.

sorry but those times are over, babe, and if you want to reminisce old Miami Space was probably one of the best clubs in the world, music wise and atmoshere wise

as for today, all NY heads want to be in Miami and not the other way around

honestly, NY is my second home in the US but I don't go on the NY board and talk about how great the Miami clubs are compared to NY clubs

Sorry...all of those people that moved here have died of O.D.

Hey Everyone:

I have been living in south beach for 3 years and the only place that i found that comes close to SF and Tunnel back in the day is Space.

Does anyone else who moved here from NY feel like all the clubs here are for people to be seen rather than have fun?

Any suggestions- I miss real people!!! Where can I find people who actually like to dance and have fun and not just show off their bodies???

I never went to Tunnel but I went to Sound Factory 3 or 4 times. Jonathan Peters is an awful DJ, first and foremost. But SF had some hot girls (and the unisex bathrooms were great too).

Here's a tip: don't rely on venues. Rely on who's throwing the party. Then go with Aquabooty and Lust4House (and X'ess if they happen to be throwing a party here). :D

JP is sickkkkkkkkkk.

the best DJ, he rips it up

Can't wait until WMC when NY invades Miami. Last year, JP's pool party at the Shelborne was off the hook.

Yeah and ARC fucking sucked

• 1 year later...

Here's a tip: don't rely on venues. Rely on who's throwing the party. Then go with Aquabooty and Lust4House (and X'ess if they happen to be throwing a party here). :D[

]

you R FUCKING CRAZY THATS WHY JP HAS BEEN VOTED AMERICAS NUMBER ONE DJ BIATCH

i have lived in nyc for years before moving here and i have to agree that miami is more of a "scene to be seen" than nyc. plus, there are many more clubs in nyc. my favs in nyc were vinyl/arc, TWILO, SF. crobar is now my destination in nyc b/c of the DJs they bring in.

as for miami, Twilo has had a piss poor start with their DJ cancellations, although if they come through with Lee Burridge, that'll be another story.

as for SF, they will be opening in downtown miami in the "near future." check out :: SOUND FACTORY COMING SOON ::

ciao