Clubplanet Nightlife Community

roxy thanksgiving eve so overpriced

i dunno how many people have bought their tickets through ticketweb, but i noticed that the $12 2-day delivery fee is non-optional. this is bs. the ticket is already so expensive, but they have to go and add a $12 shipping fee + a $5 handling fee?? that brings the ticket to $59. im wondering if i'll have to pay more if i pay at the door. could they possibly charge over 60?? that would be ridiculous.

i dunno how many people have bought their tickets through ticketweb, but i noticed that the $12 2-day delivery fee is non-optional. this is bs. the ticket is already so expensive, but they have to go and add a $12 shipping fee + a $5 handling fee?? that brings the ticket to $59. im wondering if i'll have to pay more if i pay at the door. could they possibly charge over 60?? that would be ridiculous.

that is ridiculous- highway robbery

why don't you guys just go in the city and buy the physical ticket. a bunch of record shops are selling them including satellite. there's no way i would pay 60 bucks, im gonna buy mine this weekend. last time i was there it was 42 bucks at satellite.

it's 42 with a 2 dollar charge... making the grand total.. ::drumroll:: 44 bucks aka way too expensive...

where is that?

why don't you guys just go in the city and buy the physical ticket. a bunch of record shops are selling them including satellite. there's no way i would pay 60 bucks, im gonna buy mine this weekend. last time i was there it was 42 bucks at satellite.

there is never a charge at satellite when they're selling tickets. unless they just started it, last time i bought one there they didn't have it. just have your 42 bucks in cash and off you go. they don't take charge or debit when you're buying tickets.

for anyone that is interested, satellite is almost on the corner of bowery and w houston. can't miss it, that whole area sells restaurant supplies, so if it's not a place selling an industrial sized kitchen sink it's probably satellite.

it's 42 with a 2 dollar charge... making the grand total.. ::drumroll:: 44 bucks aka way too expensive...

there is never a charge at satellite when they're selling tickets. unless they just started it, last time i bought one there they didn't have it. just have your 42 bucks in cash and off you go. they don't take charge or debit when you're buying tickets.

nah every ticket i've picked up there has a 2 dollar surcharge.. SLAP!!!

there is never a charge at satellite when they're selling tickets. unless they just started it, last time i bought one there they didn't have it.

nah, they've always had a surcharge for tickets, i remember it always being $1. i guess it's $2 now.

on one hand I must admitt that tix prices are going up....plus the BS with handling fees and such is just outrages....that's why I also buy my tix at Satellite Records...

HOWEVER, if you are willing to pay $90 (cheapest) to see Madonna for a few hours...why complain about the prices to an event that last 8 to 12 hrs?? You get to listen to a great music and you can dance too!!

on one hand I must admitt that tix prices are going up....plus the BS with handling fees and such is just outrages....that's why I also buy my tix at Satellite Records...

HOWEVER, if you are willing to pay $90 (cheapest) to see Madonna for a few hours...why complain about the prices to an event that last 8 to 12 hrs?? You get to listen to a great music and you can dance too!!

good point, i don't care about $60 just want to hear lawler.

i agree... the only problem i see here is that it's more painful to spend that on the club because you have most likely already have given them hundreds or thousands already throughout the year by going frequently to the "club"... so it kinda feels like they are bending you over after you have supported them all year...

what about somethig different? the clubs celebrate being in business because of the patrons and returns this appreciation back to the sutomers by offering some kind of legit discount to bring tix for regulars down to a realistic price?

who knows, other than that side of the story, hey - i have paid upwards of $200 a ticker for a concert... so although it's pricey for a club night, it's not that bad considering the talent... i guess?

Everyone is so *shocked* about prices for events on Thanksgiving Eve and yet every year it's the same... Why are you soooo suprised? A club is in business to make a profit. Everyone and their brother treks out the night before Thanksgiving as they roll into town for the holiday, etc. and thus the owners know they can capitalize on this... And do you really think everyone there is actually there for the music or dj's? How many times can we have the discussion about how suprised we are when people come up and ask who the dj is... but they are helping the cash registers at the bar though!

Get over and stay home if you can't afford it

P.S. Rumor is New Year's ticket are pretty costly too - who knew!