Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What to buy boss; & co-workers for the holidays??

Originally posted by smileygirl:

I have a few ideas for some of my co-workers but i have no idea what to get my boss?? She has everything and giving a bottle of wine is my LAST resort. Please help me!!

A little licking to keep the boss ticking!!! Or you could do the George Costanza thing and make up donation cards to a fake organization. Sorry...if I come up with anything better I'll let you know...

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

stripper.gif

you could get her a gift certificate for a spa service - facial, massage, pedicure, etc. those always go over well with women...bliss is a great one, and there are tons of others in the city. i don't know how much you wanna spend, but if you're willing to splurge a little...

Originally posted by smileygirl:

A gift certificate to a spa for a facial sounds really nice. i never would of thought of that. How much do they usually vcost? Any idea?

it depends on where you go and what you want. a basic facial will run you about $50-$70 average i think - that's a guess. i've only been to bliss and i loved it. go to their website - www.blissworld.com - they list all their services and prices. you can either get her a gift certificate for a specific service, or if it's too expensive, you can just get it for a certain amount so she can use if for whatever she wants. they also have great beauty products. there are two locations in the city - one in soho and the other on 57th, i think. also, if you go to newyork.citysearch.com, and search for "day spa" you'll get a whole bunch of listings in the city.

i hope this helps... biggrin.gif

business etiquette dictates that employees are not required to buy gifts for their boss at holiday time. however, each situation is different depending on the relationship. also, is this your first holiday with this boss or has a precedent been set between the two of you regarding gift-giving? she might get you something less than what you give her, then both of you would feel really bad. i would be conservative and go with an inexpensive bottle of wine or candles are always nice. a tasteful card with a few words of gratitude for what a wonderful boss she is and wishing her happiness is probably just as meaningful as a gift. good luck!