Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wing WOman

I can't find the article that i read a few days ago. But here's an article I found on abc news:

'Wing-Women' Help Single Guys Find Romance

One company is trying to change all that -- by allowing men to hire "Wing-Women" to accompany them out on the town. So we sent our Tinabeth Piña to find out what's going on.

Single guys listen up!!! If I told you I found women who are willing to introduce you to single women in the city you'd go for it right? I knew you would so I got you the 411 -- check it out.

Amna Shamim, Wingwoman: "Absolutely, this is like the best job I've ever come into."

Amna Shamim is not your average woman, she's a wing woman -- whose sole purpose is introduce eligible New York City bachelors to single women.

Amna Shamim: "A woman approaching a woman is different than a guy approaching a woman, or a woman approaching a guy. Because we have sisterhood bonds. If I came up to you and I was like, 'Oh, my God, I really love your shoes.' We would start talking about your shoes. And then in comes my male friend. And you're already in a good mood, we've already established a bond. And that's extended to my friend."

This whole concept is the brain child of Shane Forbes, a 29-year-old computer programmer who realized the positive aspect of hanging around with women to meet other women.

Shane Forbes, Founder, Wingwomen.com: "I had a couple of my girlfriends and I went out with them a couple times. And it sort of worked for myself. And I told my friends about it, and they were like, 'How come we can't do it?'"

So Shane put his idea to the test around January of this past year, and 100 clients and 25 wing women later, he has grown quite a profitable business.

Shane Forbes: "Two of you guys and a girl looks like a fun bunch. A people who see people having fun want to be part of that fun. So the enthusiasm is like contagious in the bar, you're having fun and people just want to join you, and the next thing you know you're having fun with tons of girls."

All this fun comes at a price. For $50 an hour a single man can book a Wing Woman for the night. Remember, she is only your wing woman for the night, not your date.

Amna Shamim: "It's literally the same thing as going out with your male friends. When he sees someone that he likes you introduce them. It's really a lot less technical than people think it is. Just hanging out having fun and introducing people -- it's like a social hostess."

Chris Mathews, Wingwomen Client: "My experience has been very good, to me actually. I've used it twice, once with a group of four other guys. We split the wing woman, if you will. And we all went out together, and just had a good time. And yes, she acted as a social lubricant of sorts."

Shane Forbes: "A lot of guys they're already like established professionals. They don't have as much time as they used to have to go out. So, when they do go out -- since our service does help you meet women they maximize their time."

It also maximizes the Wing Women's pocketbooks, because they can be paid up to $30 an hour.

Amna Shamim: "I have something to do during the day, and I get to go out at night and get paid for it."

Let me tell you this service is a win-win situation for all involved! And its even expanding from NY to Miami.

So if you're interested, and I know you are, visit www.wingwomen.com.

haha that's absolutely hilarious.

man there's some contagious fun going on on the other side of the bar, i gotta get in on that.

Shane Forbes: "Two of you guys and a girl looks like a fun bunch. A people who see people having fun want to be part of that fun. So the enthusiasm is like contagious in the bar, you're having fun and people just want to join you, and the next thing you know you're having fun with tons of girls."

hmmm .. i have only $20 .. can i get two "hello"s and one "i'd like you to meet __" ... hehe

haha, oh sureeeeeeeeeeeee! j/k

you are extremely extremely late on this crap . those bihatches came here and advertised a while back... needless to say tey have not returned

thanks for the timeline sport.;)