Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PlayStation® Dual Play presents Paul van Dyk New Year's Eve 2005

PlayStation® Dual Play presents Paul van Dyk New Year's Eve 2005 produced by Godskitchen and House of Blues, is proud to offer you America's #1 DJ Voted by BPM Magazine and Grammy nominated artist, Paul van Dyk, for a heavenly New Year's Eve performance at Manhattan's stellar IKON nightclub. Can you think of a better way to ring in the New Year than partying to a special extended set of PURE PVD?

General Admission tickets now available at $65 and will be going up to $75 on December 20th, get your presales now!

Get all event info, including complete line-up and VIP options for the 21+ at www.playstationdualplay.com. Buy your presales here.

http://www.newyears.com/party.asp?id=614

• 3 weeks later...

LEGENDARY PRODUCER/ DJ PAUL VAN DYK

MAKES HISTORY WITH GRAMMY NOMINATION

Van Dyk nabs nomination for Best Electronic/Dance Album for Reflections

Los Angeles, CA (December 7, 2004) – International DJ, producer, and composer Paul van Dyk received his first Grammy nomination in the new Best Electronic/Dance Album category for Reflections. This marks the first time the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences recognizes Electronic/Dance as a category and therefore this nomination establishes Paul van Dyk as one of the esteemed leaders of this genre.

Reflections was released by Mute/EMI in North America and features top Electronic/Dance hits "Time of Our Lives", "Connected", "Nothing but You", and "Crush." "Time of Our Lives" is the soundtrack for the current HBO/Cinemax trailer which has been running for the past 26 weeks. "Connected" became the soundtrack for the Motorola TV commercial for the C-350 telephone which was used in a world-wide campaign and which also featured Paul van Dyk as the person using the phone in the commercial.

Throughout this past year, van Dyk partnered with the "Rock the Vote" campaign to encourage his core audience (ages 18-30) to vote in this year’s election. The "Rock the Vote presents Paul Van Dyk Tour" marked the first time an electronic dance artist has been selected for a Rock the Vote tour. During this tour van Dyk performed in front of over 200,000 people across 36 tour events.

Paul van Dyk was voted "America’s Favorite DJ" for 2004 by BPM Magazine and was the big winner at the 2004 Dancestar Awards, taking home 3 awards: Best International DJ, Best Event (PVD at Central Park Summer Stage) and Best Music in a Commercial (Motorola). He also won the Mexican Oscar for the soundtrack which he composed for the film Zurdo in March 2004. Previously, he was named "Best Music Maker" by DJ Magazine, "Man of the Year" by Mixmag and received the "Best International DJ Award" at the 1999 Music Awards in London. Paul van Dyk also made history in 2000 by performing in front of over 1 million people at the Love Parade in Berlin.

Van Dyk continues to tour the world and will next appear in the U.S. headlining the PlayStation® DualPlay event at IKON in New York City on New Years Eve. For additional information please visit www.paulvandyk.com

# # #

paul%20van%20Dyk.jpg

okay, so here's the deal we bought our tickets for the general admission 18+, we're both 21+ and would like to know if we will be able to buy alcohol in this area?

Have never been to Ikon.. or NYC for that matter.. any ideas on what to wear? Would prefer to not appear TOTALLY Canadian! Oh and ps I'm a gurl!

Also read that PvD isn't goin on until 12? Can anyone confirm that? We're doin the countdown in Times Square with the family first and then plannin on heading to this event.. anyone that has gone to such events in the past foresee any issues with gettin in? we do NOT wanna miss out on the fun!

Aight.. thanks

Ms. D

Hey Ms D.,

You will have no problem buying alcohol at Ikon, although it'll be expensive so drink up before if u can. Ikon's a big place and they're ussualy not picky about the dress code, and on nye for pvd expect to see a wide group of people. PVD won't be on until after 12 and since Ikon is selling tickets at the door for not much more expect to see a big rush of people after 12:30am.....that's ussualy what happens at events like this...esp. since a big dj like PVD is spinning....so if you wanna beat the lines get there before then if u can. Hope that helps. I'm pretty sure I'm going there for NYE, it should be a fun night :bounce::bounce:

Hey Arv,

Just wanted to thank yah for the info...

We are still plannin on doing the Times Square thing (unless its SUPER cold out) before heading to Ikon.. I Mapquested Times Square to Ikon and it was only about 2 miles.. seems like we could walk there even? what do yah think?

As for the pre-drinkin.. I know I read somewhere that you're not allowed to have drinks out on the street in Times Square but do the cops really check? Have you or anyone else ever gone?

Only 8 more sleeps till we depart this frigid north (got another 2 feet of snow yesterday! :yuck: )

Ciaosa,

Ms. D

Hey Ms D,

Unless you're already above 50th street or if it's warm out, don't walk to IKON. IKON is all the way on the west side of manhattan and you have to go through a number of avenues. It can be a painful walk across, although it might be a piece of cake for you all.

I used to go to Times Square to watch the ball every year....it was never a problem before but since 9/11 the cops have become pretty strict about not allowing alcohol and bottles in general in the area btwn 6th and 8th avenues. Even though waiting for the ball to drop can be extremely painful.....there's no greater moment than when it does. I give you props for going to Times Sq. and then clubbing after that.

Arv

Heya Arv,

Yah.. I don't think we're gonna be going for that hike.. if not for physical inability then to get to Ikon ASAP after the ball drops.. it was suggested (on another forum) that the subway would probably be the best (and quickest) way to get there so I think we'll be tryin that.. we have to go to Ikon earlier on that day to pick up our tickets so hopefully come 12:01 we'll know EXACTLY where we're going (maybe another good reason to not drink til we get there.. wouldn't wanna miss the event cuz we got lost! :yuck:

I've been searchin all the stores (which really aren't many.. lol) here looking for comfy but not totally ugly shoes and haven't been that successful so I'm hopin I'll be more successful there!

Oooh and one more quickie.. please tell me that there will be Red Bull or some other energizing substance available at Ikon.. we're gonna try to sleep and rest as much as possible the day of new years eve.. sure don't wanna be crappin out early! :beer:

Happy holidays.. oh and 9 more sleeps until the BEST holiday in the world! he he

Ciaosa,

Ms. D

PvD got an award for Best Event @ Summer stage this year ? That's cool...... and you know what.... to all of you who got soaking wet and still danced for hours......" we were part of it , we made it happen" I think that's pretty awesome and unique and makes the memory so much more valuable.

For me it definately was one of those kodak moments I will think of when I'm old and grey sitting in a nursering home :shades:

hope to see ya 'll @ Ikon

Ooh I can't wait for this party!! The countdown, then 6 hours of Paul van Dyk!!

But so the dress code is not too strict, then are sneakers allowed cause I know I'll be there for at least 7-8 hours if not more and dancing in dress shoes is a pain. I'm from DC so the only club I've been to in NY is Roxy but they didnt really have a dress code. And I would love to capture the experience of the night with my digital camera, are those allowed in the club?

Hi whats up clubnyc? I am really confused. My problem, all my friends are going to a pentouse party. I am a HUGE PvD fan , have been sice 1998. I have seen him many times, this event is going to be HUGE. Well I have no one willing to go with me :( . Is any one getting together in groups that I could join? Many thanks

Hi whats up clubnyc? I am really confused. My problem, all my friends are going to a pentouse party. I am a HUGE PvD fan , have been sice 1998. I have seen him many times, this event is going to be HUGE. Well I have no one willing to go with me :( . Is any one getting together in groups that I could join? Many thanks

just go, i'll promise you you won't be alone for a long time :hat:

I'll be wearing a short sleeve baby blue PvD shirt and i have short bleech blond hair .(.U can't miss me)... say hello if you see me

hi ! i'm really excited about this party, the one problem is that i want to bring a backpack with me as my friends and i will be coming from all over the place and hotels are just Too Damn Expensive! :-/ will i be able to get inside Ikon with a backpack and hopefully be able to check it ?? thanks!!

Ooh I can't wait for this party!! The countdown, then 6 hours of Paul van Dyk!!

But so the dress code is not too strict, then are sneakers allowed cause I know I'll be there for at least 7-8 hours if not more and dancing in dress shoes is a pain. I'm from DC so the only club I've been to in NY is Roxy but they didnt really have a dress code. And I would love to capture the experience of the night with my digital camera, are those allowed in the club?

digi's will be rocking tommorow night, so those are cool...

sneakers? id air on the side of caution and try to wear something nicer with them..usually when godskitchen hosts parties there is an attempt to take care of peeps who are there to get down, not just sit or stand around..so if i were you id wear something a bit nicer and try and wear some nicer kicks..not the beaters if you got em (i know i do)

digi's will be rocking tommorow night, so those are cool...

sneakers? id air on the side of caution and try to wear something nicer with them..usually when godskitchen hosts parties there is an attempt to take care of peeps who are there to get down, not just sit or stand around..so if i were you id wear something a bit nicer and try and wear some nicer kicks..not the beaters if you got em (i know i do)

Sounds good dude. Thanks for the info and headsup about the shoes and camera. One more day, woohoo!!