Clubplanet Nightlife Community

after going to crobar weds and last night i ask you WHY BOTHER WITH SPIRT?

NOOOOO, keep JP and his druggie groupies at Spirit where they belong. I heard Spirit is moving to Jersey soon anyway....just to make it easier for the typical crowd to get there.

Spirit isnt movin to Jersey, but I hear JP might be doin Sun afternoons in Jersey...uh oh, watch out Mr. Morillo!!!

(that was a joke, btw)

im not gonna disagree about the crowd at spirit, it's not the best. i always go there for the music and i've never had a drugged out kid ruin my time despite the fact that there's a lot of drugs being done there. but hey, there's a lot of drugs being done in other clubs too, and if you think tina and k are only done at spirit that's a pretty foolish assumption.

anyway, i go there cause i like the music, and there's no denying that jp is a talented dj. im not gonna go proclaiming that he's the best dj in the world, but he has his own unique style and every once in a while i always get a craving to go back there and hear him spin.

Never said those things were ever done exclusively at Spirit, only that the crowd the follows JP tends to be more of drugged out crowd, doesn't matter where he spins.

And as far as the drugged out kids messing with our good time, its mostly those damn juiced out, tina'd up guidos that can't keep their hands off my gf or any of the girls we go with.

it's spelled douchebag that's the second time I've seen it mispelled, this board should come with a spell check, seriously.

No spell check needed, just send the people who can't spell at PM and tell them to check out this site for all their spelling problems:

hop.com

im not gonna disagree about the crowd at spirit, it's not the best. i always go there for the music and i've never had a drugged out kid ruin my time despite the fact that there's a lot of drugs being done there. but hey, there's a lot of drugs being done in other clubs too, and if you think tina and k are only done at spirit that's a pretty foolish assumption.

anyway, i go there cause i like the music, and there's no denying that jp is a talented dj. im not gonna go proclaiming that he's the best dj in the world, but he has his own unique style and every once in a while i always get a craving to go back there and hear him spin.

once again the man has a good point!!!

as for SMGARRETT! still see you are up to your old tricks! thought you would have relaxed by now! how old are you? oops i feel the tension building!

once again the man has a good point!!!

as for SMGARRETT! still see you are up to your old tricks! thought you would have relaxed by now! how old are you? oops i feel the tension building!

My old tricks? What would you know since I see you've only been around for 2-3 months. I'm just stating my opinion and making wisecracks, if you don't like it that's too bad for you. I'm rarely very serious when I post here, mostly I just have a loathing for JP and his crackhead followers.

My old tricks? What would you know since I see you've only been around for 2-3 months. I'm just stating my opinion and making wisecracks, if you don't like it that's too bad for you. I'm rarely very serious when I post here, mostly I just have a loathing for JP and his crackhead followers.

ok about how long i have been around is stupid! because i have been in the sceene for years! i am def. not a newbie! but all kidding aside, and i kid alot! prob. doing the same thing you do. why is it that you loath jp, the ppl at spirit now, yeah there are alot of cracked out ppl there but you will find that everywhere. i was at crobar for tge. great time!!! and everyone was ****ed up but it was just not talked about like spirit would be. yeah crobar is a better venue but that has nothing to do with the dj's that spin there. honestly did you have a bad experience at spirit or a jp party? just wondering about your opinion! and this is just my opinion! i would think most of the ppl on this board were here because of the music and the love for it and dancing that is why i am here and maybe to meet up with some peeps and events! anyway intrested to hear what you have to say!

ok about how long i have been around is stupid! because i have been in the sceene for years! i am def. not a newbie! but all kidding aside, and i kid alot! prob. doing the same thing you do. why is it that you loath jp, the ppl at spirit now, yeah there are alot of cracked out ppl there but you will find that everywhere. i was at crobar for tge. great time!!! and everyone was ****ed up but it was just not talked about like spirit would be. yeah crobar is a better venue but that has nothing to do with the dj's that spin there. honestly did you have a bad experience at spirit or a jp party? just wondering about your opinion! and this is just my opinion! i would think most of the ppl on this board were here because of the music and the love for it and dancing that is why i am here and maybe to meet up with some peeps and events! anyway intrested to hear what you have to say!

i dont know what clubs u go to, but every where u go there is K and Tina. went 2 roxy 2 see DT V.S lawler. bumped into like 10 people by the bar who was selling tina and K. for some people thats what they choose to do, but for others it's not always about the drugs. it about listening to your favorite DJ until the set is over and the club begins to close and for someone to say JP is a waste of money and time is just redictulious. the truth does not hurt. thats just the vibe u pick up when your in there. wish u would look past the drugs and try 2 have a good time. thats what it is about going out and having a good time, with people u like to be around. not going to a club and looking around to see whos f*ucked up on what, then come on a board a post it. u should be able to go out and enjoy yourself and not be so worried about what others are doing.

thank you...I honestly don't know why JP has such a bad association with drugs. PEOPLE DO DRUGS AT EVERY CLUB! Unless someone is throwing up on me I really don't care what anyone is doing.

In reference to your being around, I was referring to your join date, which looks like Sept 2004, so only 2-3 months. And yes, I've had shitty times at JP events that I've gone to, which is why I don't go anymore. The entire atmosphere he brings to a venue (doesn't matter which one, as his followers go whereever) is just bad and, in my opinion, everything that is wrong with the scene today. If you disagree, fine. This is only my opinion, one that I think is shared by many people in and around the scene.

In reference to your being around, I was referring to your join date, which looks like Sept 2004, so only 2-3 months. And yes, I've had shitty times at JP events that I've gone to, which is why I don't go anymore. The entire atmosphere he brings to a venue (doesn't matter which one, as his followers go whereever) is just bad and, in my opinion, everything that is wrong with the scene today. If you disagree, fine. This is only my opinion, one that I think is shared by many people in and around the scene.

I know you were ref. to those dates! and i agree with your opinion about the scene! and sorry you had shitty times at his events. that is unfortunate because he has thrown some great parties in the past. and yes the scene is different today then lets say 99-01,02. but things are always changing and they will keep changing my point is make your own fun at any event. yeah all dj's have there great nights, good nights, and nights that your not feeling it at all. anyway i am not going to beat a dead horse. you seem like you are ok. just some threads i read on this message board it seems many ppl have so much to say about ppl at the events instead of solid info about the events. but its all good. what venues in nyc do you prefer?

I know you were ref. to those dates! and i agree with your opinion about the scene! and sorry you had shitty times at his events. that is unfortunate because he has thrown some great parties in the past. and yes the scene is different today then lets say 99-01,02. but things are always changing and they will keep changing my point is make your own fun at any event. yeah all dj's have there great nights, good nights, and nights that your not feeling it at all. anyway i am not going to beat a dead horse. you seem like you are ok. just some threads i read on this message board it seems many ppl have so much to say about ppl at the events instead of solid info about the events. but its all good. what venues in nyc do you prefer?

I do make my own fun and like I said before I don't care what people do when they go out, just so long as they don't interfere with my fun. That said, the crowd is a big part of any event; past, present, or future. The dj can only do so much to create a fun environment, its the people who are there that create the atmosphere and if the crowd sucks then the event usually sucks too (not sure I'm explaining it well but I think you know what I mean).

As for venues, I prefer places where the shirtless, tina'd up, juiced out guidos aren't. I don't really have a favorite place or places but whatever falls in the catagory I just mentioned is usually a decent venue. (I'm a huge hater of the Jersey fistpump thing :) ) Hopefully I answered your question. You seem alright too, I just enjoy picking on/starting stuff with the JP fans on this board since they seem to like to go to any and all lengths to defend him, it just amuses me :)

just a little side note, since you're also throwing some jersey bashing in there, haha, but i'll go with the punches, let's keep this fun. not sure if anyone here saw jp play down the shore this summer (he played at merge 3 times on diff nites). anyway, that's pretty much your "guido" capital of the world right there. however, those three times i was there to see him, it was probably the cleanest crowd that i've seen at his events. yea it was capri pants and diesel shirts galore, but you know what, no one was fucked up or fallin over, doing bumps in the middle of the dance floor, or otherwise being fucked up.

so make your own conclusions about that, either the club did a really good job of searching people when they walked in...or, it was the fact that the jersey shore is a pretty damn long drive from queens/brooklyn/LI. so if you wanna see where the drug use stems from, take a look in your backyard first before you go saying how jersey is the source of all of the city's problems.

I do make my own fun and like I said before I don't care what people do when they go out, just so long as they don't interfere with my fun. That said, the crowd is a big part of any event; past, present, or future. The dj can only do so much to create a fun environment, its the people who are there that create the atmosphere and if the crowd sucks then the event usually sucks too (not sure I'm explaining it well but I think you know what I mean).

As for venues, I prefer places where the shirtless, tina'd up, juiced out guidos aren't. I don't really have a favorite place or places but whatever falls in the catagory I just mentioned is usually a decent venue. (I'm a huge hater of the Jersey fistpump thing :) ) Hopefully I answered your question. You seem alright too, I just enjoy picking on/starting stuff with the JP fans on this board since they seem to like to go to any and all lengths to defend him, it just amuses me :)

just a little side note, since you're also throwing some jersey bashing in there, haha, but i'll go with the punches, let's keep this fun. not sure if anyone here saw jp play down the shore this summer (he played at merge 3 times on diff nites). anyway, that's pretty much your "guido" capital of the world right there. however, those three times i was there to see him, it was probably the cleanest crowd that i've seen at his events. yea it was capri pants and diesel shirts galore, but you know what, no one was fucked up or fallin over, doing bumps in the middle of the dance floor, or otherwise being fucked up.

so make your own conclusions about that, either the club did a really good job of searching people when they walked in...or, it was the fact that the jersey shore is a pretty damn long drive from queens/brooklyn/LI. so if you wanna see where the drug use stems from, take a look in your backyard first before you go saying how jersey is the source of all of the city's problems.

I'll stick with the club did a good job of searching. Besides, I never said Jersey was the source of all the city's problems just some. That said, Jersey is definately the source of the following problems:

Shirtless guidos

Juiced up guidos

Spikey Hair guidos

Sunglasses in the club wearing guidos

A|X/Diesel/Von Dutch wearing (when they have their shirts on) guidos

The Jersey Fist Pump

I can't think of anymore off the top of my head others will help me out I'm sure.

I'll stick with the club did a good job of searching. Besides, I never said Jersey was the source of all the city's problems just some. That said, Jersey is definately the source of the following problems:

Shirtless guidos

Juiced up guidos

Spikey Hair guidos

The Jersey Fist Pump

I can't think of anymore off the top of my head others will help me out I'm sure.

lol

Shirtless guidos

Juiced up guidos

Spikey Hair guidos

The Jersey Fist Pump

lol :funny:

:laugh::laugh:

Shirtless guidos

Juiced up guidos

Spikey Hair guidos

The Jersey Fist Pump

:laugh::laugh:

Shirtless guidos

Juiced up guidos

Spikey Hair guidos

The Jersey Fist Pump

Although what you are stating is true, as a female from Jersey I must say that there are just as many shirtless, juiced up, spikey haired, sunglass wearing guidos from Brooklyn and Staten Island as there are from NJ, so puhlease refrain from Jersey bashing...thank you

Although what you are stating is true, as a female from Jersey I must say that there are just as many shirtless, juiced up, spikey haired, sunglass wearing guidos from Brooklyn and Staten Island as there are from NJ, so puhlease refrain from Jersey bashing...thank you

No way, its too much fun.

haha it's all good kid, i'll wear an extra arm band for you when i go there next time.

Shirtless guidos

Juiced up guidos

Spikey Hair guidos

The Jersey Fist Pump

Crobar is a nicer and cleaner venue with the sickest sound system in the city. They also bring in the world's most talented DJ's. I like JP, but he's too inconsistent, his track list is pretty much predictable week after week, and his crowd is getting worst. I do enjoy JP when he's on point, when the vibe is there, but then again when seeing 3 or 4 people getting carried out it kills all that. The last time I enjoyed JP was Labor Day weekend at Merge down the Jersey Shore.

Morillo at Crobar was insane last Friday. The crowd, the energy, the vibe, and MORILLO JUST KILLED IT! And seeing Morillo with that big smile on his face showing he's enjoying it as much as the crowd is just makes it better. To say JP plays the best music in the city is insane with the talent Crobar and Avalon bring in week after week. JP is not a Worldwide DJ for a reason. Do yourself a favor and check out a real talent like Morillo, Lawler, Carl Cox, etc. at a venue like Crobar.

I personally hope the rumors of Morillo having a residency in NY are true.

haha it's all good kid, i'll wear an extra arm band for you when i go there next time.

hehe, you said kid. Most likely I'm older than you but that's besides the point. Don't worry about wearing another armband, wouldn't want your juiced up Jersey arms to have their circulation cutoff.