Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paolo Mojo @ RISE Friday

groovefire

ORBIT friday: 12.03.04:

Special Guest DJ Paolo Mojo (London) with David McNeary (Boston) opening upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs, 1:30am until 6:30am.

paolomojo.jpg

“A style that's impossible to define.. Prog? Hardly. Tech house? Not boring enough. It's like trippy twisted acid house but deep and funky. See, I told you – impossible.†DJ Magazine 2004

“A future star of dance…Possessing a unique sound and we think... a unique talent.†Pete Tong, BBC Radio One 2004

“Spellbinding, diverse DJ sets and funk-filled, mesmeric productions that glance back to acid house's glory days†IDJ October 2004

“A star who is very much in the ascendancy right now….He’s going to be casting spells on our dancefloors for many years to comeâ€.

IDJ April 2004

Paolo Mojo’s sound might be difficult to pin down, but this broad, innovative approach to his craft is making him a name on everyone’s lips in 2004. His style incorporates elements of house, funk, techno, breaks, electro, disco and acid. And then some.

“I’ve never understood this ‘genre’ thing†he says. “To me the best DJs always select the best bits from a wide range of sounds and put them together in a way that just makes sense to people.â€

It’s certainly making sense to lots of people at the moment. Already well established for his tweaked out sets with the likes of Tyrant and Sasha at Fabric, and a well thumbed global passport, he’s really come to the fore this year thanks to a succession of well received productions on labels such as Alternative Route, Orcmusic and Sabotage. - and one of the best Radio One Essential Mix debuts ever.

Radio One, Mixmag; DJ Magazine and IDJ have all been quick to cite him as one to watch this year – with his first mix cd ‘Heretic’ set for a winter release on Sabotage. Forthcoming EPs on Honchos, Big Love and Saved, plus remixes for Brancaccio and Aisher and Alex Neri are set to raise his bar even higher.

Paolo runs both the Music Is Freedom and Orcmusic record labels, which have consistently attracted good reviews for the past 2 years. He contributes productions and remixes to both regularly, and sees them as the cornerstone of his prolific music output.

http://www.paolomojo.com/

Upcoming Fridays @ RISE:

ORBIT friday: 12.10.04:

Guest DJs Randy Deshaies + Sergio Santos (Boston) upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs, 1:30am until 6:30am.

ORBIT friday: 12.17.04:

Resident DJ Paul Dailey (Boston) upstairs and Tym Ryan (Boston) downstairs, 1:30am until 6:30am.

ORBIT friday: 12.24.04:

Closed for the holiday.

And don’t forget New Years @ RISE with 14 DJs on 2 floors.

any sleep yet?

this night was sick. mcneary's opening set was as smooth and flawless as i've heard him play, a perfect fir for paolo. little P stepped up to the decks sometime before 3 and proceeded to rip the club a new one until closing at 6:30. i recognized so few of the tracks, yet everyone of them had me wondering why i hadn't heard it before. some of the most twisted basslines i've ever heard. i'm not even sure how to classify the music other than perfect afterhours nonsense. the numbers were not impressive that night, but that didn't end up making too much of a difference as everyone who was on the floor was hooting and hollering at every breakdown. i'd never seen the room like that. 11/10... i hope rise brings him back on a weekend where there aren't so many distractions elsewhere because he was a great fit for that room and plain and simple and amazing dj.