Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question To My Fellow DJ's

obby

Have any of you ever opportunity to use the rotary audio mixer by Gemini called the CS-19r (-32dB cut feature)

I know that when it comes to rotary mixers Rane is the way to go but I ran into this Gemini that sounds somewhat reasonable but wanted to get more feedback from some of us who have used it before.

Click Here For Details

Have any of you fellow DJ's have the pleasure of using this mixer in the past?

Anyone?

Bueler?

Bueler?

Bueler?

ehhh....i think gemini's are iffy...ive had problems with all of their mixers...so i wouldnt trust this one either...

i have a rane mp2016 with the xp2016. bought it used and have NEVER had a problem......

if u want rotary and are on a budget....i would suggest getting the stanton RM mixers w/ the rotary kit. a friend of mine has it and he loves it

:pint:

i would think that since most of their mixers are sub-par...i wouldnt put it past this one either....i dunno it just looks really ehhhh and if the performance of past gemini's is a determining factor...then i would def not get it.

whats the reason you are looking into this mixer??

seriously if u wanna get in on a rotary there are 5 ways to go

1. get the stanton RM series with the rotary kit. dope mixers and they are well made.

2. get a rane MP2016 new for 1200 or a used one off ebay...either way they are built like tanks and will last you forever...

3. get a vintage bozak or urei (if u can find one)

4. spend 5k on the allen & heath rotary :laugh:

5. buy a phazon :laugh: :laugh:

dude i wouldnt even bother with that gemini man....i doubt anyone has it...perhaps im mistaken but im bout 90% sure if anyone is in the market to buy a rotary they would get a rane or some kind of rotary kit for stanton or pioneer mixers

I own the Rane already and so far there has been nothing better than that bad boy but I was looking to invest in a lower end rotary as a back up.

I agree with you though, the Gemini's have left bad reviews in my books but I still wanted to give this one the benifit of the doubt. Still hoping to read more reviews regarding this one.

http://topdjgear.com/stanton-rm-100.html

http://topdjgear.com/strfsetoffor1.html

thoughti would add this one in there for eye candy :drool:

http://topdjgear.com/vestax-r-1-prem.html

never seen anyone with that vestax....i wonder how sick it is?!?!?!

Looks way better than the Gemini but I noticed that the 3 band EQ goes down -26 dB per channel compaired to the Gemini which is -32dB

For someone like me who mixes 99.9% with the EQ's............I'm stuck debating this one. Feel free to post any other pros or cons that you find.

http://topdjgear.com/stanton-rm-100.html

http://topdjgear.com/strfsetoffor1.html

thoughti would add this one in there for eye candy :drool:

http://topdjgear.com/vestax-r-1-prem.html

never seen anyone with that vestax....i wonder how sick it is?!?!?!

Its pretty nice...

I have the older model Vestax that 609 used and tossed before they switched to Life..lol well they didnt exactly TOSS it... :hat:

that vestax you posted up is not really the best for rotary, ive used it before and was a little uncomfortable....i presently own the pioneer DJM-3000 and am really happy with it and as was mentioned before, you can add the rotary knobs to it, though i have not done so....but for rotary i'de go with rane and the ever so popular urei.....never got to use a bozak so i cant comment on it....

that vestax you posted up is not really the best for rotary, ive used it before and was a little uncomfortable....i presently own the pioneer DJM-3000 and am really happy with it and as was mentioned before, you can add the rotary knobs to it, though i have not done so....but for rotary i'de go with rane and the ever so popular urei.....never got to use a bozak so i cant comment on it....

Is it me or the Rane is the only DJ Mixer that has a "full cut" feature when dealing with the EQ's. So far from what I have seen most of the EQ's cut

-32dB or -26dB

Chicks can't decide on shoes and what not....I can't decide on an audio mixer.

LOL

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT BEHRINGER MIXERS ??????

Well, it all depends on the price you are paying for it...

If is sounds better than the price go for it (it's a back up piece anyway)

and their's not many affordabe quality rotoraries...

People believe that Pioneer is soo much better the the rest and honestly they all come from the same sweat shops in Asia (pioneer DJ division & Stanton have the same internal components.. Numark & Gemini come literally from the same factory for mixer & CD products)...

Now A&H and RANE do most of their own assembly and spec a higer quality part (pending on the model #) Not all RANE's & A&H's are great. Most are overpriced because they say everything is made in USA or U.K. but a lot of their parts are made in ASIA.

I know this for fact because I e-mail these same factories and manufacturers daily... and visit their trade shows annually.

FYI: I have a mixer design coming out in around March/April. which addresses many of the concerns that I and many other DJ's have had with other products. And once you hear it and the FX there's an obvious difference that the audio quality and features are better the competition (and it's cheaper).

my biggest problem with all the rotary mixers is the lack of a reasonable input gain system. as far as i'm concerned having individual control of each channels input gain is paramount. if youve ever been DJing in a club and you get the next track all cued up and try to mix it and because the gain on that song was low-the whole thing sounds like shit. the vestax R-1 and the Urie have no input gain adjustment. the Rane kinda has it, but its very inaccurate-you have to go by the little blinking green light. i like the pioneer because you get a nice LED reading of the gain for each channel and you can adjust it- unfortunately thats tht only thing i like about the pioneer.