Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i hope ya'll are ready to fight and die for ur country...

If your refering to a U.S Miliatary draft, that is not most likely not true, I wouldnt get worried just yet. A search of any viable news sources will turn up no results. If this were true it would be front page news, and it would be on every news station. Although the selective service does support the draft being reinstated luckily Congress and The President do not. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld also has opposed the draft on numerous occasions.

On October 5, 2004, the House of Representatives voted 402 - 2 to defeat H.R. 163, the bill cited as proof that the Selective Service was preparing to reinstate a military draft. The vote made official what has been a reality since January 7, 2003, when H.R. 163 was introduced despite nearly total opposition in Congress to restoring the draft. Without Congressional support, the draft cannot be reinstated. A similar bill languishes in the Senate.

More info - http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/draft.asp

Not happening. The Navy and Air Force are too overmanned for them to have a draft. They are getting to the point that they aren't letting people re-enlist. Right now the Army and MC are recruiting out of the Navy and Air Force to help even out the numbers.

That was just election propaganda. Not something to be taken seriously.

Not happening. The Navy and Air Force are too overmanned for them to have a draft. They are getting to the point that they aren't letting people re-enlist. Right now the Army and MC are recruiting out of the Navy and Air Force to help even out the numbers.

That was just election propaganda. Not something to be taken seriously.

:doh:

Watsup?

Thats true. Operation Blue to Green. Theres army recruiters on alot of the major naval bases. One of my friends from "A" school is now going through flight school bc he crossed over. I am considering doing it bc the amount of shit that they give you. Shit my friend went from E-3 straight to CWO-2. But i dont really want to go out to Iraq any time soon.

I'm not much for following hearsay...but they are calling the reserves and when they are up.....???

Just so you know, it’s not like you are in the military, go to Iraq and come home when the war is over. So the idea that we have enough volunteers and reserves is a little egotistical. (imo some of the people only worry about the draft when they should be already worried that our peers, brothers and sisters are there....selfish.) There are things called “tours†You do a tour for a period of time, come home, wait do your work here in this country, and sometimes called back. The reasoning behind a draft is to keep rotation.

But if your tour is over and they need you to stay... then all you can say is, "Roger that." These people joined the military. We are at war. Granted this is a bulshit war and we shouldn't be over there, but thats life. These sort of things come with wearing the uniform.

Noone in the military wants a draft the majority would rather get shit done with soldiers, rather then have to fight alongside some guy who was forced to go. A draft wont be needed for at least another few years if that. You people can relax.

I just found out my friend is going to Iraq for the third time..I already knew he was going, but they just pushed his date up because of the upcoming elections..sucks..he was supposed to be coming home for chritstmas and can't now because he is training and then leaving the next week..and it sucks.. and I know he signed up for it..and so did I, but I went we were currently not involved in any wars..but still..I'm angry and drunk and pissed off..and f* everyone who has some bullshit to say about this country and the war and draft..