Clubplanet Nightlife Community

please excuse my drooling......

raincry

Over priced and overrated if you ask me. But hey, opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one and most of them stink.

that was funny the first time I heard it in 99...now it's one of those sayings I cringe everytime I hear it. Overpriced to who? The average poster on CP, yes? Over rated, not even worth my breathe, time or energy. Thanks, no go ahead and give me another neg. rep....ahhahhaha I'm still laughing at all the ones you have given me.

lets see...its fugly and priced in 911 territory.

plus the new one has iDrive and is only available with SMG. two major stikes against it right there.

Ever hear of three strikes......ok now shut the fuck up. hahhaha j/k

Ok the 06, I am not liking but we are far aways from seeing it on the street...but you attached a pic of a 02, or 03'. So which one are we talking about. The idrive I am still going back and forth with whether or not I like it, and I agree not having a 6 speed is a crime. As being priced in 911 territory, well what kind of 911, thats vague.....to say the least. And it's just as fast, and handles almost as well, with four doors. It should be compared to a 911.

Guest brwneydtrouble
that was funny the first time I heard it in 99...now it's one of those sayings I cringe everytime I hear it. Overpriced to who? The average poster on CP, yes? Over rated, not even worth my breathe, time or energy. Thanks, no go ahead and give me another neg. rep....ahhahhaha I'm still laughing at all the ones you have given me.

Actually, ive never given you or anyone else negative rep points. I dont believe in that BS rep point shit. Its all a popularity contest. I actually like disagreeing with you, makes for interesting conversation. Hey if we all agreed on everything and liked the same shit, life would be boring.

Get off your high horse,you aint THAT special. ;)

Actually, ive never given you or anyone else negative rep points. I dont believe in that BS rep point shit. Its all a popularity contest. I actually like disagreeing with you, makes for interesting conversation. Hey if we all agreed on everything and liked the same shit, life would be boring.

Get off your high horse,you aint THAT special. ;)

Well that was boring and off topic. Soo the only thing you have against an M5 is that it's overpriced and overrated? How much should it cost? Also if everyone just agreed on everything I say the world would be much better......but I'm glad that we agree that I am special. Thanks my day is complete now.

ps I agree on the rep pts too.....damn can't believe I am agreeing with you. I must go now

Guest brwneydtrouble
Well that was boring and off topic. Soo the only thing you have against an M5 is that it's overpriced and overrated? How much should it cost? Also if everyone just agreed on everything I say the world would be much better......but I'm glad that we agree that I am special. Thanks my day is complete now.

ps I agree on the rep pts too.....damn can't believe I am agreeing with you. I must go now

The car is sweet yes but - its a high priced toy that is very often babied and not used to its full potential performance. At least in Palm Beach. Thats why I say its over priced and overrated.

Im not going to argue with you about why I wouldn't buy it, its a waste of time. Lets just say that it doesn't quite tickle my fancy. Is that all right with you sir?

Guest brwneydtrouble
Panteras Rule!

In terms of bang for your buck they cannot be beat in performance or style.

Just adding my $.02

Hey doesn't teklord have one? Hows that coming along, anyone know?

The car is sweet yes but - its a high priced toy that is very often babied and not used to its full potential performance. At least in Palm Beach. Thats why I say its over priced and overrated.

Im not going to argue with you about why I wouldn't buy it, its a waste of time. Lets just say that it doesn't quite tickle my fancy. Is that all right with you sir?

Unfortunately the US doesn't have an Autobahn...so it can't be used to it's full potential legally. Not many cars here are/can be used to full potential, our streets aren't safe enough, in the right condition, or speed limits prevent it. So an M5 doesn't tickle your fancy but a MR2 does.....damn your too easy to please....your bf is lucky. Also everything in Palm Beach is overpriced and overrrated.........

Guest brwneydtrouble
Unfortunately the US doesn't have an Autobahn...so it can't be used to it's full potential legally. Not many cars here are/can be used to full potential, our streets aren't safe enough, in the right condition, or speed limits prevent it. So an M5 doesn't tickle your fancy but a MR2 does.....damn your too easy to please....your bf is lucky. Also everything in Palm Beach is overpriced and overrrated.........

Actually, im NOT easy to please and any boyfriend I would decide to keep is indeed lucky. My reasons for having the MR2 are simple. I like it.

In my opinion the M5 is one of the most respectable saloons out on the market. I'd pick an M5 over any Jaguar / Lexus / Cadillac / Benz out there. Pricing? I don't feel comfortable shelling out over $40k for an M3 but that hasn't hurt sales and I don't think the price tag of the new M5 will either.

I've parked a few examples of the M5 (a 91 that was a beast and sounded like a bomb exploding when I started it, a 97, 99, and 2001) and to me its the perfect balance of power & comfort. True on the case of not being used to its full potential due to a lack of autobahn but the speed of the car isn't what makes the M5 an M5. It's handling capabilities will probably rival, match, and sometimes even beat most modern sports cars out today.

SMG transmission? Not completely a fan but it's probably the most respectable of all semi-manual options that are out there (compared to examples such as Volkswagen, Hyundai, and even BMW itself) and the shifting feel is very real as if you're doing it yourself. Plus rolling backwards at nights in neutral'll always have people thinking twice.

In my opinion the M5 is one of the most respectable saloons out on the market. I'd pick an M5 over any Jaguar / Lexus / Cadillac / Benz out there. Pricing? I don't feel comfortable shelling out over $40k for an M3 but that hasn't hurt sales and I don't think the price tag of the new M5 will either.

I've parked a few examples of the M5 (a 91 that was a beast and sounded like a bomb exploding when I started it, a 97, 99, and 2001) and to me its the perfect balance of power & comfort. True on the case of not being used to its full potential due to a lack of autobahn but the speed of the car isn't what makes the M5 an M5. It's handling capabilities will probably rival, match, and sometimes even beat most modern sports cars out today.

SMG transmission? Not completely a fan but it's probably the most respectable of all semi-manual options that are out there (compared to examples such as Volkswagen, Hyundai, and even BMW itself) and the shifting feel is very real as if you're doing it yourself. Plus rolling backwards at nights in neutral'll always have people thinking twice.

I've only driven the old M5, 2001 I have driven one many times from brothers house in Philly to family in NY and that thing is fun to drive, it is like a video game, it doesn't let up until about 130. You will really respect it after you get through Jersey in 45 min., definitely the best trips through jersey I have ever had., the shorter the better when in Jersey........basically you have to drive it to respect it...

I've only driven the old M5, 2001 I have driven one many times from brothers house in Philly to family in NY and that thing is fun to drive, it is like a video game, it doesn't let up until about 130. You will really respect it after you get through Jersey in 45 min., definitely the best trips through jersey I have ever had., the shorter the better when in Jersey........basically you have to drive it to respect it...

i couldn't have said it better myself. the M5 is still a dream for me...maybe someday i'd get to own one but in the meantime i'm happy just to have my 540i....driving it is always a pleasure! :aright:

Guest brwneydtrouble
Have you ever driven one?

The last generation M5 was off the charts. I can only imagine it w/ 500+hp and SMG transmission.

Not the last generation. But like I said, its all a matter of opinion. Honstly, if I wanted to spend that kind of cash, I wouldn't really like a sedan that is priced in the same range as a porsche. Thats not the kind of car that i'd tote my kids around in. For that kind of power, id want want something smaller and more compact.

I mean granted, its probably a great car but I guess Im a purist.