Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carl Cox - John Digweed

BKDJ

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is a really debated topic. I am going to come back just to read the repsonses. I also am on the same boat about not knowing the people at the door anymore. I just go to hear the music and not kiss anyones ass. I am tho willing to make nice to people who i know are into the same scene as me and appreciate the scene for what it represents and not what they can get out of it. So any nice people out there who's ass i can kiss to get some flow if this :party: is legit!?!?!??!?

PS if you hook it up, i will get buddy jesus to pass that bong!

Why the negativity? You never really know what's gonna happen until it happens. Obviously, the kid doesn't gain anything by creating a bullshit thread. Let's see what happens. You never know....

Maybe there's negativity because, ummmm, it's a crock of shit? :laugh:

Balance Promote does all of Digweed's domestic bookings. Safehouse Management does all of Cox and Digweed's global bookings. They flatly say it's not true that Carl Cox or Digweed are playing together, much less have any New York dates alone. Safehouse denies any bookings in Israel for Digweed. Yet this dude claims to have three contracts for Digweed.

If you can't see through diarrhea of the mouth, then I can't help ya. :vomit2:

Maybe there's negativity because, ummmm, it's a crock of shit? :laugh:

Balance Promote does all of Digweed's domestic bookings

Digweed's website has The Collective Agency as handling those

their website doesnt have anything for NYC in January, but it does have listings for SF and Denver.

http://www.thecollectiveagency.com/events/index.cfm

carl cox's schedule (on trust the dj) has a gap between january 1st and the 20th

Digweed's website has The Collective Agency as handling those

their website doesnt have anything for NYC in January, but it does have listings for SF and Denver.

http://www.thecollectiveagency.com/events/index.cfm

carl cox's schedule (on trust the dj) has a gap between january 1st and the 20th

The Collective Agency used to be known as the Balance Promote Group. If you look at Joel's email it ends in TCA-web.com

Should have stated that. My bad, but it doesn't change a damn thing. :beer:

BKDJ also said that he was still putting this together. It's not a done deal yet. I doubt either booking agency would comment on any booking unless it's 100% signed, sealed, & delivered...

ITS NOT BOOKED YET! SO IT IS NOT A DONE DEAL. The date isnt booked yet because I am getting both dates from both djs to match up a date where both can be here at the same time. as i said before, its not within a month or two, most likely will be after the WMC. next time i guess ill just keep quiet :-) like i do on most of my events.. but i was alil' excited.. oh well.

:)

i've been in this biz too long... hehe

i've been doubted before, but i usually come through! no one is perfect!

So enough of any BS... ill let you guys know, or someone ELSE will let you guys know when this is all signed and sealed! and THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A FOR-PROFIT EVENT. so im taking my sweetass time to find the perfect venue(which we already have 2 in mind, but one is SOLID!) and now just comes the dates. AND TO ALL THOSE THAT THINK THEY KNOW.... NOT EVERY SINGLE SHOW DATE IS LISTED ON A DJ'S ROSTER / WEBSITE... THATS A FACT!

LuV

RaZ

so that means the morillo in sf this is forreal?

pretty much solid, jsut waiting board approval for the good ol' folks at discoT, which is pretty much a solid, worst case will be an appeal and formal anti-profit lawsuit,etc..etc.. but thats worst case.. so far so good! 2005 BaBy~!

raz was the first to tallk about morillo being in SF as well. So i trust his judgement.

LOL. Yeah, he was also the same DJ that advertised himself for the Cosmic Gate party in 2002 at Exit as having spun in the past with Sasha, Digweed, Oakenfold and Carl Cox, and having spun in Ibiza and having been picked by the Ultra Music Festival as one of the world's 200 greatest electronic musicians. If you believe that, I have a steaming pile of shit to sell you. And how did his album do by the way, the one he said was out in stores: "This is my House"? Or maybe he was just having an identity crisis:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=35526

I've been in this scene for quite a while too (and also work in bookings), and I never forget someone's rep.

One thing I've learned from doing booking, you NEVER open your mouth before a party is booked, EVER. Of course, now he says it's planned for after the WMC, by that point everyone will have forgotten about it. That's why I don't believe a word he says, especially after being denied by people I respect at those agencies. But believe what you want. I'm simply trying to be the voice of reason.

I'm so confident you're full of it, I'll never post a single word ever again if it does. And please don't send me private messages about your fiancee and how she works in bookings, I really don't give a shit. :smoke:

LOL. Yeah, he was also the same DJ that advertised himself for the Cosmic Gate party in 2002 at Exit as having spun in the past with Sasha, Digweed, Oakenfold and Carl Cox, and having spun in Ibiza and having been picked by the Ultra Music Festival as one of the world's 200 greatest electronic musicians. If you believe that, I have a steaming pile of shit to sell you. And how did his album do by the way, the one he said was out in stores: "This is my House"? Or maybe he was just having an identity crisis:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?t=35526

Yo, I actually have a copy if "This is My House" and it is amazing. One of the best CD's I own. That reminds me to break it out. I haven't listened to it in a while :D

All this talk about bookings and working with a DJ's promo company makes me wonder about how all this works. How much do these people command, and what other amenities have to be included for them to agree to perform. I mean now-a-days DJ's are becoming like mini popstars in some respects. So can anyone of you uber ballers working the behind the scenes of this scene drop a little knowledge on a clubber who always wanted to know what the back office politics are like. Also maybe a little sample of what the DJ's get paid, so maybe i can justify in my heart paying 40$ for something like DT and Lawler.