Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you think of DJ George Acosta?and why he's not in the top 100

I dunno....Acosta is iffy... last time I saw him at Spirit, he started off badly...predictable trance tunes that sounded like any other trance anthem, but at the end of the night he somewhat redeemed himself and spun some harder trance tunes that had me movin. Oh, and friends that have spun with him said that he's a cocky mofo. But that doesn't have anything to do with his DJin skillz....hehe...

Kenny! You think Acosta is great!

I've seen him more than 15x times (many times against my will) and he is really really nothing special. Typical trance stuff, mixes for about 15 seconds, and you have half of his tracks on CDs at your house. And I don't think he produces at all.... but whateva!

I agree , he is a cocky snobby ass..... skills he has , but if he wants to be anywhere further in his carreer I suggest that he starts to write and produce and of course spins his own stuff. Otherwise I don't see him anywhere else but in warehouses or cheesy clubs. My fav album is Awake, it's old but I still pop it in once in awhile.

Acostas mixing good?

Hardly, Acosta is one of my fav djs, because of the kind of style he plays, if given enough time, or on some of his cds, he loves to go from that "cheesy" trance to MUCH harder stuff, brings alot of engery and has no problem keeping the floor moving. BUT, his mixing is def the biggest flaw of him, just pick up any one of his cds, preferably the TOUCHED cd he came out with..want some examples go to cd two and listen to his mixes, Awful...How about song 6 into 7 (the wave)..or 7 into 8 and because of the track selection on this cd its one of my fav he put out, but to say his mixing is great..def. not true.