Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LI vs northern NJ

The only good thing that ever came out of LI was the NY Jets, and they moved to Jersey.

NJ is very expensive as well. I would recommend looking in Bergen, maybe central Jersey for houses. Real Estate is much like LI, quite expensive, even for something small. Good luck!

JD

If you can afford it, Li is a rreally nice place to live. If you can afford a really nice house-try looking at the North Shore. The north Shore is known for its luxury houses and it is pretty much every one seems be well off financially and there is alot more land and everything is spread out. The South Shore is more conjested and it seems like everyone is always in a hurry--but it is very relaxed. There are also nice areas here also. In my opinion, it seems like you will not be judged as much if you live on the South Shore rather than the North Shore.

Try Suffolk County, I personally don't think it's nice as Nassau, but the housing is cheaper out there and there are some beautiful areas that are undergoing a building boom out there.

If you are intent on either Nassau or NJ, I would say Nassau. It is expensive but it is not impossible to find a decent price for a good sized house. Just look around; my brother recently bought a place out in New Hyde Park that is beautiful: 3 floors, 3 baths, 6 bedrooms, living room, full basement, and decent yard space. The property size is about half an acre. It's really a nice house; the selling price was about 220K and he negotiated them down to 175K. You can find something cheaper if you look hard enough.

LI HANDS DOWN!!! THERE'S NO COMPARISON....(IMO) OF COURSE....BUT THE TRAFFIC IS WAY WORSE ON JERSEY HIGHWAYS (EXCEPT S. STATE) AND THE LI CLUBS IV'E FOUND TO BE MUCH BETTER. GO WITH THE SOUTH SHORE B/C IT'S MORE AFFORDABLE AND YOUR BY THE OCEAN....ANOTHER PLUS. ALSO, THE NJ TRANSIT IS SARDINED COMPARED TO THE LIRR WHICH IS BAD TO BEGIN WITH. I GET TO SEE BOTH SIDES B/C MY GFRIEND LIVES IN SAYRVILLE, SO I SEE THE CLUBS, TRAFFIC, COMMUTE AND LI TAKES THE CAKE!!! ALSO, THE HAMPTONS RULE OVER SUMMER SPOTS.

I live in Montclair, NJ... I work in Bergen County, NJ... both are very nice. Montclair is a great college town... lot of bars and places to eat. Bergen County also offers alot of entertainment and food. Both can be VERY expensive esp right now with the market being so rich!

------------------

One Love...

piss2.gif