Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Studio 4 Were You At Friday Nite?

Months and months of waiting for Studio 4 to open up...I was VERY dissapointed!! Why are we playing 80's, hip-hop, and rock until 1am? Why is Richie playing like he was djing an 8th grade dance? Don't get wrong, Richie is my favorite NJ dj, I was just hoping he was going to play like he played at METRO. Why was Richie playing songs from KTU....all he had to do was play for 2hrs and that was the best he could spin for 2hrs.? Why was the parking so disorganized that it took an hour of waiting outside in the freezing cold to get my car (and we were one of the first ones to give our ticket in)? I guess I was just expecting it to be like METRO...still going through withdrawel.... IS THIS GOING TO BE THE TREND EVERY FRIDAY NITE AT STUDIO 4? IT HAS SOOOO MUCH POTENTIAL..........

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why put THAT much money into a sound system if you are going to play HEY MICKEY! Who cares if your sound system sounds sick if your playing Bon Jovi - I can go to my neighborhood bar to hear Summer of 69. Even the energy felt like a college bar. I am very surprised Petey would put out a venue like this..and Richie would play KTU music. I too had to wait over an hour to get my car..as did hundreds of other people too. I'm suprised fights didn't break out. The wait was so chaotic that there was a girl there who was waiting for her car that decided to direct traffic.

THe club looks nice inside, I just don't understand the track selection...especially since it was opening weekend, and i would think you would play your better music so people would come back. So is that your good music? Can someone explain this to me? I miss metro roll call!!!!

i hafta say, i wasnt disappointed on friday nite FOR THE MOST PART...i really enjoyed myself though i didnt stay as long as i would have liked cuz i didnt drive...i was upset that Richie only played for a couple of hours, they need to cut back on the hip-hop a bit and have Richie start around 11 and not 1230 i think, all the hip-hop killed my friends as we just wanted to dance and for the most part hip-hop is for chillin and not dancing...but i didnt mind what Richie was spinning really, at least for the hour or so that I got to hear him, but maybe he started draggin a bit after i left? and yes, parking WAS a chore...

Yea I heard the parking lot situation was like the EXIT coat check situation..No way in Hell im checkin out that place till that situation is under control...I remember leaving exit and just havin people shoulder to shoulder with tickets in their hand waitin to get their coat and that was horrible...Let alone just being outside in that cold weather..Someone didnt plan that out to well...GooD LucK

well its called grand opening and just issues that have to be deal with......i was there on friday had a good time.....its not metro lounge its STUDIO 4.....dont think it will be metro ever or close to it.....butt i do agree he was playing some commercial shit that usually he wouldnt hear him play....was expecting a little bit more.....

yea the parking was def chaos!!! I dunno the people running the place should know that there following is not a hiphop crowd ...but i guess they thought thats where the money is ...rydel played pretty good ...but they def have to work on the organization of that place ....but other then that the place looks great and the soundsystem sounds great ....

Months and months of waiting for Studio 4 to open up...I was VERY dissapointed!! Why are we playing 80's, hip-hop, and rock until 1am? Why is Richie playing like he was djing an 8th grade dance? Don't get wrong, Richie is my favorite NJ dj, I was just hoping he was going to play like he played at METRO. Why was Richie playing songs from KTU....all he had to do was play for 2hrs and that was the best he could spin for 2hrs.? Why was the parking so disorganized that it took an hour of waiting outside in the freezing cold to get my car (and we were one of the first ones to give our ticket in)? I guess I was just expecting it to be like METRO...still going through withdrawel.... IS THIS GOING TO BE THE TREND EVERY FRIDAY NITE AT STUDIO 4? IT HAS SOOOO MUCH POTENTIAL..........

I had a great time there, my parking situation worked out OK too, no probs there.

I enjoyed Richies set, he did play a bit commercial to start but all the mixes were not the KTU versions you hear if you listen closely. His second hour was hardly commercial. Many of the KTU songs had great beats in the backround. On opening night of high $$ club his selection is very understandable. He couldn't go there and rip a hard Metro set on day one......lol

I do 100% AGREE with you that a 2 hour Rydell house set is not long enough! Speak your mind. Let management know that we are there to hear house music. They are known to cater to what their customers want. 2 hours is not enough time for any DJ to do his thing. And IMO the place was there to hear house music, thats why the whole place exploded with the intro and the night finished strong.

That being said I can't wait for next Friday..... :pint:

Guest amd

I think the only reason your hearing hip hop in the start of the night is cause that place cost a small fortune to open, and for some reason people love hip-hop these days. They have to fill the place with people, otherwise it won't be around that long with all that overhead. Trust me, Petey, Jay, Kosta, George...etc, would all rather have rydell play a whole night, they built their reputation on house music (Metro/Merge)... they are also business people. Personally the place is great... but I would rather have Rydell play a whole night, and give Thursday and Saturdays for the hip-hop/rock etc. crowd.

please remember a few things.....

This is a BRAND NEW VENUE....

there are going to be issues that we are dealing with...

we are not skirting any issues here....

we did have an issue with valet on friday...we had it ironed out by saturday... is it 100% perfect maybe maybe not..please also keep in mind valet had to service over 1000 people each day..do we strive to make all our venues an enjoyable hassle free experience for all customers YES and we will continue to do so here.

as for these newbies bashing the place.....please put your alterior motives, hidden agendas, and fears to rest

we will not entertain your bullshit...but we will adress the concerns and questions of our patrons.

as for the "sausage fest" outside........the reason there was a line of guys outside is because we were almost at capacity and we only allowed women in.....WOMEN NEVER WAIT TO GET IN.

if there are any VALID issues anyone would like to discuss please feel free to email me at KostaP@verizon.net or send me a pm on clubplanet.

Thank you to all that came out and we look forward to seeing you again.

Kosta P.

I also had a problem with the valet parking on friday but from what i heard the situation was rectified. I would also like richie to go on earlier, but i am not a huge fan of hip hop. Most of the people i talked to also would like the hip hop to end a bit earlier, but as far as richie playing, i dont feel he played commercial at all. He played 2 tracks that get played on ktu. Lolas theme (hardly commercial track) and how did you know. But the mix of how did you know that he played isn't even on the radio. A besides those 2 tracks he might havew played 3 other vocals. Besidedes for when he closed out with like a prayer. But honestly he played steve lawler out at night if that is commercial i'll stope djing.

Listen....I was not bashing the place...I was merely saying it was a let down. I already stated that Richie was my fav dj. In addion, I am by all means not a NEWBIE..I went to METRO and MERGE (when it was good) faithfully every friday since i was 18.... Ive also been a member of this site since 2000 so how am I newbie..I just don't have time to post...I'm a speech language pathologist for children with autism. ONCE again, I was not bashing the place..I think it has alot of potential...and I had a lot of VALID questions about it...most importantly the music. My real concern is: IS studio 4 going to be like that every weekend (music).

I also had a problem with the valet parking on friday but from what i heard the situation was rectified. I would also like richie to go on earlier, but i am not a huge fan of hip hop. Most of the people i talked to also would like the hip hop to end a bit earlier, but as far as richie playing, i dont feel he played commercial at all. He played 2 tracks that get played on ktu. Lolas theme (hardly commercial track) and how did you know. But the mix of how did you know that he played isn't even on the radio. A besides those 2 tracks he might havew played 3 other vocals. Besidedes for when he closed out with like a prayer. But honestly he played steve lawler out at night if that is commercial i'll stope djing.

Lolas theme has been all over KTU since Augest and if he is playin the Stereo Dub of How Did You Know, well then Welcome to Augest '04

Out at the Night...Denny has been rippin that track since Early october

Listen....I was not bashing the place...I was merely saying it was a let down. I already stated that Richie was my fav dj. In addion, I am by all means not a NEWBIE..I went to METRO and MERGE (when it was good) faithfully every friday since i was 18.... Ive also been a member of this site since 2000 so how am I newbie..I just don't have time to post...I'm a speech language pathologist for children with autism. ONCE again, I was not bashing the place..I think it has alot of potential...and I had a lot of VALID questions about it...most importantly the music. My real concern is: IS studio 4 going to be like that every weekend (music).

let me ask you this.....if you owned an ice cream stand and you loved vanilla ice cream but alot of people like chocolate ice cream wouldnt you serve both flavors?

hype i dont know about you but i like going out and hearing familiar songs....and shit i can sing along to cause im like fucking pavarotti.

but just cause some one plays a song that 4 months means its not good?

c'mon dude lets relaxd a bit on the critique and come see for yourself.

Hype is officially the biggest jack ass on this site. Drive your ass up from south bumble fuck, bring your digital camera so NJ guido can keep you on the payroll and then post and bash away... at least it will be a first hand opinion....

hey you coming to Deko on Feb 19th for David Morales or you going to stay at Studio 4 and enjoy the sounds of Roveen?

hype i dont know about you but i like going out and hearing familiar songs....and shit i can sing along to cause im like fucking pavarotti.

but just cause some one plays a song that 4 months means its not good?

c'mon dude lets relaxd a bit on the critique and come see for yourself.

hmmm....like the song wonderwall :hat:

Kosta...

I hear you..you make a valid point. Great analogy!

However, to ask in a nice way, why doesn't studio 4 go out on a limb, be its own place, and set the trend, rather than follow it. I understand its all about money, but I would never think george, petey, and richie would want to be known for a place that plays hip-hop. They never did that with Metro, and look how successful metro was. To be honest with you, alot of people were dissapointed with the music...not just me. Also, maybe it should have been advertised that it was going to be diverse music..because I think people were let down...and expected it to be different.

Thanks though for making it free for ladies that was nice!!!

Hype is officially the biggest jack ass on this site. Drive your ass up from south bumble fuck, bring your digital camera so NJ guido can keep you on the payroll and then post and bash away... at least it will be a first hand opinion....

hey sandsman...me and the girls are going friday for a friends birthday will u be in attendance?