Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sasha reviews

dre4

I thought he started off a little weak. Very experimental for about an hour and a half or so. Then he seriously turned it up and was cranking out some serious, serious stuff. I thought his mixing was on point. A lot of tracks were unidentifiable. I could tell he was just creating some stuff on the fly, messing with some samples and loops over some beats. I'm definitely gonna check him out some more.

Does anyone know who the other guy who spun from around 12:30 - 2:30 was?

I was a little disappointed that sasha wasnt on during that time. he didnt get rollin till later..

That was Sean Cusick playing before Sasha.

As for Sasha, he was okay....but he didn't even come close to the performance he gave last time he was there, with DJ Three.

Speaking of Three, his new remix was the hot track of the night, in my opinion....

U.N.K.L.E. - Reign (DJ Three's remix)

hot hot hot

- bennett

Does anyone know who the other guy who spun from around 12:30 - 2:30 was?

I was a little disappointed that sasha wasnt on during that time. he didnt get rollin till later..

That was Sean Cusick playing before Sasha.

As for Sasha, he was okay....but he didn't even come close to the performance he gave last time he was there, with DJ Three.

Speaking of Three, his new remix was the hot track of the night, in my opinion....

U.N.K.L.E. - Reign (DJ Three's remix)

hot hot hot

- bennett

this was my review on the crowd, this is a copy n paste from ms(another board) the title was, "why are sasha fans so weird"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seriously..

i didn't see the same fruitloops out for digweed, or sander or seb when they were at crobar

well the first time i actually noticed this was earlier this year when i saw him at crobar, right after the cd throwing incident..

some wacko had this huge orange and was shaking it at sasha(this was at the end of the ngiht)

hes like sasha here here, are u hungry??

and like threw it on the stage , which like rolled under the dj booth,

i asked him why he threw an orange at him, the guys like"well after 6 hours of djing i bet hes hungry.."

moron

then last night, they were in full force,

everyone was very cult like..

i gotta start off with the tamborine asshole,

its like he freakin knew, god

he kept following me around the whole fuckin night, no matter where i went he was like always 5 feet away..

this guy must of been 65-70? and had a tamborine he just kept fucking shaking, it wasn't on beat or anything, it wasn't to the music, ......he just...shook it...

THE WHOLE NIGHT, like he was a freakin shaman...

he starting shaking it over this girls head, so her boyfriend grabbed it and told him to stop, so he shook it harder at them..

the way they dance too, its not like 1 or 2, its like 75% of the crowd..

they do thid hippy-cult dance, of waving the arms in the air and carressing there faces and bodys, once in a while, they would twitch,

some dick head kept bothering me the last half hour for my pen ( i ripped one of the posters down to get his autograph) for like the whole 30 minutes, hes like " i love sasha gotta get his autograph" very annoying, then the jerk asks sahsa at the end "so when u coming back"

(this was the the first night of his brand new residency, they had signs and posters all over the place)

weird guys with there really weird pick up lines..

heres one

so im on the speaker at the end of the night, this black guy comes out of know where and was like, "so, if i knew u were tired i would of invited u to my table for a bump.."

i was likt WTF??

then he said it again, i just had this empty fake -leave- me alone smile, then he asked me to dance, i said no im tired, then he said he was an actor, then he said hes not gay..

ok..

what else, the tutu woman

the stupid girl with the twilo shirt and blinking cattapillar antannas almost ripped sahas arm off..

anyone else notice this, or is this just a crobar/ny thing..

i wasn't there this time but i was there when he played there about a month ago or however long that was. he really does bring out a weird crowd. last time it was very euro looking, and they did do that weird ass dance, they start waving their arms in the air and swaying around.

that bump pickup line was totally hilarious btw.

ouch, you people are harsh. i'll be the first to say that sasha's set was brilliant. the mixing was excellent, each track flowed smoothly into the next. the visualizations on the screens were pretty cool, and the cryogenics were a nice touch. as for the weird crowd, it's new york; what do you expect? :hat:

Well at least sasha played until 7am, which is more than i can say for most other friday djs at crobar. Not sure if crobar just prohibits the other friday dj's from spinning too late, or if most of the other djs just don't want to bother spinning late at such a ridiculously commercial club. That place has about as much of a vibe as starbucks, and much less energy than your average sports bar...