Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who should be the resident dj at Tempts this commin summer?

i been trying to get cleveland to dj at deko for years and no one has faith or cares to hear my opinion....that mutha fucka can play records if he had a spot in jersey weekly forget it,it would be insane

> > SaL kLuTcH

A friend of mine brought Cleveland up to play at his penthouse afterhours during WMC on Monday morning.... That bro is the most chill and most friendliest motha fuckin dj i've eva met... he is so grateful and so friendly with his fans... his wife was totally cool and chill too...

That was the best 24 hours of my week there.... Sunday Pool Party with JP to hangin at my friends penthouse when Cleveland stopped by to check out the space then to Space for Tiesto.... then coming home to an afterhours party with DJ Cleveland in R. Palace Penthouse at 9am Monday morning.... :bounce:

..u can't blame the promoters...promoters were never the reason the place packed out.....it was the music..the crowd....the vibe etc........the crowds are changing...younger generations are not the same..therefore the clubs suffer and are forved into changing as well.....

Well said!

CLEVELAND IS THE MAN!!!

Victor Soto

all good things come to an end i guess. i dont think it was Tempts i just think a lot of people got tired of going to seaside. Besides the people around the town the whole place is nasty. You can't even rent a room and not have to spray for roaches before you go in.

You mean he wont want to play for shirtless guido's who think JP is god..???? instead of spanish women in Ibiza

You mean who think Denny is god...then again if the rumors are true about Morillo takin over SF...it just might happen

from what I hear, Ibiza is mostly gay, but I'm sure it depends on the club/party/dj

If it's not Denny and House music is the format they choose I would say Richie Santana, Kirk Lopez or Teo T.

Joe,

All 3 of the Dj's you name will not bring a big enough house crowd on a weekly basis....either one should be the resident dj all the time...but they'd have to play hip-hop unfortunately to get a crowd every saturday and Sunday...

what they should do is guest spots once a month with a name dj that plays house music all night long...like on the last weekend of the month...

since the closing time in Seaside is rather late for nj....

you could bring in a Morillo, Dirty Sanchez, Robbie Rivera...

Names that are big enough to draw a large crow but, won't cost a fortune to do it...

What's your thoughts?

Joe,

All 3 of the Dj's you name will not bring a big enough house crowd on a weekly basis....either one should be the resident dj all the time...but they'd have to play hip-hop unfortunately to get a crowd every saturday and Sunday...

what they should do is guest spots once a month with a name dj that plays house music all night long...like on the last weekend of the month...

Names that are big enough to draw a large crow but, won't cost a fortune to do it...

What's your thoughts?

It's a tough call bro, the DJs you mention are all a risk cause they cost money. Tempts is Denny and honestly without Denny I dont forsee it being a success but I wish them good luck with whatever they do as long as they keep house music alive there, if they go to hip hop format, I hope they fail. Just my opinion...

It's a tough call bro, the DJs you mention are all a risk cause they cost money. Tempts is Denny and honestly without Denny I dont forsee it being a success but I wish them good luck with whatever they do as long as they keep house music alive there, if they go to hip hop format, I hope they fail. Just my opinion...

those 3 dj's aren't the top tier though....they are local talents....you wouldn't pay an arm and a leg like you would if you brought in Tiesto, Van Dyk, Sasha, Digweed, Tenaglia....ect....

plus Tsettos, i'm sure will be doing guest spots in the summer and Temps will be packed....thoughts?

Joe,

What's your thoughts?

Why would anyone go to the shore to see a big name DJ when they can see then at a nicer venue in NYC?? It's Seaside...NOT South Beach. Seaside is a 'kiddie paradise' and caters to the younger crowd and it's the younger crowd that wants to hear 'bar' music (rock classics, hip-hop, cheesey club anthems). Seaside cant even get a big named hotel chain...the only one they have is a cheesey Holiday Inn in Toms River. Seaside is DONE!!

JP @ Merge was such a success is b/c they he was there on holiday weekends, on Fridays when there was virtually no competition, and he has a diverse crowd of old school heads and younger kids who now frequent Spirit. Any other night at Merge, IMO, was dead compaired to years past.

If any of the clubs on the BLVD want to be successful, theyneed to change their format to cater to the younger crowd, TEMPTS NEEDS TO HAVE DENNY ON SUNDAYS or just tear down the cheesey amusements and motels and build a first class resort....which will take 20 years i.e. Asbury Park

Did you like the subliminal message?

look at xs like two or three summers ago without the promoters they had this past summer. they were kinda beat with dennys party going on. all tempts needs is a few good promoters and a top house dj and i think it will be good again with house music all night long. throw in a few theme partys and you should have a good party.

Z