Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: PHENOMENON :: FRI DEC 17 w/Mark Ivan, Groove Eric, Oliver M + more!

euphoria954

phenom-tiny.jpg

=> P H E N O M E N O N <=

(( FRIDAY, DECEMBER 17th ))

[ a night of high-energy house + trance ]

MARK IVAN

o1oo-o23o - ( full on productions ) -

A true oldschool DJ, Mark Ivan has been a fixture in the South Florida scene since the mid 90s, and has played at many large and prestigious events: Magical Maydaze, Ultra 2001, Candyland 6, Beyond 2002, Showcase Showdown, as well as numerous events back in Lumonics' heyday. He has played at Space, Twilo in NYC, Buzz in DC, and Masquerade in Atlanta. He was also a long-term resident at Ohm Nightclub in West Palm Beach, and was a regular at Fort Lauderdale nightclubs The Saint and Stereo, and was also responsible for creating the hugely popular and long-running Sonic afterhours in Davie. As head of Full On Productions, Mark Ivan was the mastermind behind some of the largest parties in South Florida's history: The original trio of SFL massives, "One" (1998), "Two" (2000) and "Three" (2001) which featured a total of over 200 DJs and drew in a combined crowd of almost 16,000 people.

An extremely energetic DJ, Mark Ivan is renowned for the intensity of emotion present in his sets, often casting a spell over the crowd which finds itself compelled to dance. His grooves are truly infectious with a very powerful and mature sound, and his beats are sizzling. He may be a serious oldschool DJ, but his tracks are anything but: throwing down the absolute newest and most innovative tunes around, this is one performer who is ready to electrify your soul.

GROOVE ERIC

o23o-o4oo - ( groove miami ) -

The career of Eric Rodriguez, known to his fans as “Groove Eric,†began in 1999, when he befriended “DJ Concept†Luis Martinez, who was the owner and main promoter of the underground station GrooveRadio. Eric and DJ Concept soon became partners in GrooveRadio, and the station’s sound fascinated Eric. Before long, he began mixing in his bedroom and his passion for the music grew.

Eric’s initial project with GrooveRadio encouraged him to embark on the quest to become a DJ in 2000, beginning the trade with private house parties and creating mixes for his developing circle of fans. He then befriended members of the local production company industry, who organized dance raves at the Ice Palace Film Studios and P.A.C. Miami in 2002 and 2003, and at the Radisson Mart Hotel and Convention Center in 2003. These organizers recognized Eric’s talents and convinced others to join Eric’s clientele. He was booked for more parties, he continued to spin his magic, and his name revolved further into the Miami scene.

Eric took his next momentous step by entering the inaugural Global DJ Broadcast in 2003. He crafted a mix CD for the competition, which was passed on to his supporters and met with overwhelming praise. Eric responded by circulating more mixes on community message boards, including Clubplanet.com.

Demand for Eric increased as more people accessed his mixes and flooded him with their appreciation. At Club Planet Miami’s next barbeque and showcase of local DJ talent, Eric was among the prominent musical forces. As a result of the powerful connection between Eric and his audience that day, his fans have made sure that he provides them with a new demo CD each month.

Countless soirees and good times later, Eric is known throughout the local community as the “last savior of trance in Miami.†His music invites us to soar through his exalted atmosphere, in a sky broken wide open by searing rhythmic undercurrents. Many journeys lie ahead, for Groove Eric to charter and others to follow in our own inspired way.

Accomplishments

September 2004 - Global DJ Broadcast DJ Contest Finalist

November 2004 - Weekly online radio show on LoveTheWeekend.com

OLIVER MACDONALD

12oo-o1oo - ( digital x productions ) -

Oliver Macdonald is one of South Florida's up and coming DJs and Producers, already with a slew of residencies and top-notch original tracks under his belt. He's played at such prestigious venues as Space and Envy, and mixed alongside top jocks such as Oscar G and Roland. Playing to packed rooms wherever he goes, the future looks bright for this ambitious young star. You can catch him at his residency every Saturday night @ Cafeteria (South Beach).

He has firmly embraced the sounds of techno and progressive house & trance as his true calling. Particularly fond of expressing his innermost emotions through his sets, making the crowd feel his passion and love for the music, his ultimate love is watching people's faces light up as he takes them on a musical journey, seeing them jump up and down, hands in the air, feeling the vibe and having a blast. That's what it's all about. :-D

DERANGED

11oo-12oo - ( orbital grooves radio - euphoria project ) -

Laser lights, fog machines, pounding sound systems, and a wild crowd are all the elements that make up a place of comfort for Dj Deranged. During any given set, you can expect Deranged to take you on a roller coaster ride of sound, as his sets are designed to bring out sharp sensations of emotion mixed with high powered energy. As a private party and club dj, Deranged prefers to spin for tight groups who are true fans of the music as opposed to large crowds that could care less what is on the decks.

"It's all in the music. The contrast of the droning lows and shrilling highs laced with thought adjusting sine waves is a very magical thing. Under the radar. Under the ground."

-Dj Deranged-

SWEET CHARLIE

1ooo-11oo - ( zero57.com ) -

David Edward A.K.A. DJ SWEET CHARLIE

Since his first club appearance less than 3 years ago, Sweet Charlie has quickly brought himself to the forefront of the electronic scene in South Florida. He brings a unique style and excitement to the turntables by seamlessly mixing a diverse blend of funk, progressive house and trance, tech house and club anthems into a landscape of crescendos and decrescendos that leave the dance floors packed and the club-goers coming back for more. He recently finished a year long residency with Scratch-D and H-Bomb at Chill Nightclub in West Palm Beach, and has had the opportunity to perform with recording artists such as: Huda Hudia, Infiniti, DJ X, James Wolfe, Exzakt, Storm and Johnny Dangerously, D:Fuse, and Ming+FS.

His diverse musical background started at the early age of 8, when he began studying the piano, classical percussion and drums. Since then he has established a career not just as a DJ, but also as a performer and educator in the classical and jazz music fields. His musical experiences have also led to an accomplished career as a drummer and recording artist, allowing multiple Bi-Coastal US tours.

Only three months after he began spinning records he was booked to perform at Orbit Nightclub with Simply Jeff and Resident Alien. Since that point, he has performed at venues such as Club 5, Blue Martini, Emerald City, X-it Nightclub, Le Cabaret, Respectable Street Café, and The Haven; as well as being showcased at the prestigious Palm Beach International Film Festival. He has held residencies at: Club 109, Ovation, Ohm, Ray's, Sky Lounge, and Spanky's. He is currently working on his first single titled "Obsession 2004", as well as co-producing and performing as one of two members of the new live electronic music group: "Amber Alert". Keep your eyes open, because Sweet Charlie can be seen melting the dance floors in a club near you anywhere from Jacksonville to Miami, or Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale.

MINDFLIGHT

o4oo-o5oo - ( pwr productions ) -

A brand new DJ and producer from Kendall, FL, this will be MindFlight's very first public performance. Honing her skills for the past eight months, MindFlight will be spinning an all-digital hybrid set, which she promises will set the perfect tone for a closing DJ, leaving everyone in a fantastic mood, at peace yet still full of energy for the afterparties to come. Don't miss this closing performance, certain to set your mind soaring into the heavens.

OPEN FROM 10PM-5AM

COVER IS ONLY $10!

HALF PRICE B4 11PM

FREE PARKING - FREE RE-ENTRY

18 AND OLDER ALWAYS WELCOME!

ORDER DISCOUNTED $7 TICKETS ONLINE AT

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/800

OR CALL 1-800-838-3006 TO ORDER 24/7.

GREAT ATMOSPHERE - CHEAP SNACKS & BEVERAGES

HUGE DANCEFLOOR AREA - PLENTY OF CHILLSPACE

TONS OF REALTIME VISUALS & LIGHTING EFFECTS

This is the ultimate laid back venue, dance

party & nightspot - a fantastic chilled-out

environment to dance, mingle and enjoy some

of the best electronic music you can find!!

(High speed internet and LAN/network access

are available, with a vast array of popular

PC games installed & ready to play, such as

Halo2, EverQuest2, Command+Conquer and many

more, 100% completely free all night long!)

[ GAMES DEPOT CYBERCAFE ]

4200 South University Dr.

Davie, Florida 33328-3007

CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS!

w w w . e u p h o r i a p r o j e c t . o r g

For information . . . 9 5 4 . 6 7 5 . 0 0 2 0

ONLY TWO MORE DAYS! YAY!

This is going to be SUCH a bomb-ass party, I am utterly psyched for this event... throwing some major cash into this Friday's party, totally amping up our sound system and tossing a BUNCH of new lights into the mix, this place is gonna be SIIIICK! :) :) :)

Can't wait can't wait!! Also - this is Euphoria Project's last party of 2004! My friends and I will be going on a camping trip on Sat night and then will be kicking back and partying hearty for the next two weeks...

See ya there,

Mitch =O )

GET READY TO BE BLOWN AWAY BY OUR BRAND NEW DUAL JBL EON-15P POWERED CABS - 15" woofers & 2" titanium tweeters - THESE THINGS ARE AMAZING!!!! Been blasting the hell out of my house all night 'til the neighbors stopped by and bitched us out... :) I used to install car stereos for a living and lemme say, the SPL (Sound Pressure Level, basically the decibel level of the sound) these things generate is positively INSAAAAANE!

We're gonna be rockin' the roof off the place tomorrow night baby! OH YEAH!!

Mitch =O )

PHENOMENON WRAP-UP:

It was a very solid night, though it seems a lot of people must've been caught without a ride, or found other things to do, since attendance was about half of what I thought it'd be based on the DJs I booked... ahh well, such is life :) It was still a good fun night with a lot of outstanding performances. Total attendance was 37 heads through the course of the evening, with almost everyone chilling outside all night and enjoying the weather.

Many thanks to everyone who came out! :) :) :)

Our next party will be on Saturday, January 1st (gotta find someone to play a remix of U2's New Years Day!). That event will consist of breaks, electro + drum & bass. If anyone knows of any DJs that might be interested in playing this event, please have 'em e-mail me at Mitch@EuphoriaProject.org

lateron

Mitch =O )

PHENOMENON WRAP-UP:

It was a very solid night, though it seems a lot of people must've been caught without a ride, or found other things to do, since attendance was about half of what I thought it'd be based on the DJs I booked... ahh well, such is life :) It was still a good fun night with a lot of outstanding performances. Total attendance was 37 heads through the course of the evening, with almost everyone chilling outside all night and enjoying the weather.

Many thanks to everyone who came out! :) :) :)

Our next party will be on Saturday, January 1st (gotta find someone to play a remix of U2's New Years Day!). That event will consist of breaks, electro + drum & bass. If anyone knows of any DJs that might be interested in playing this event, please have 'em e-mail me at Mitch@EuphoriaProject.org

lateron

Mitch =O )

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!! thanks for the recap i am sure next time it will be at least 42 people. euphoria kills me and i honestly do not know if this is a joke or if he is serious? please advise i really want to know if this is a joke or not because nobody could be this hilarious in real life. "37 heads" he gives a recap of. also why could nobody get a ride was their parents a sleep? ok i know i am going to hell for this one but if you post stuff like this you have to be prepared especially when you bump your post 6 times. i havent seen anyone do that since sgt with his flavor saturday posts.

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!! thanks for the recap i am sure next time it will be at least 42 people. euphoria kills me and i honestly do not know if this is a joke or if he is serious? please advise i really want to know if this is a joke or not because nobody could be this hilarious in real life. "37 heads" he gives a recap of. also why could nobody get a ride was their parents a sleep? ok i know i am going to hell for this one but if you post stuff like this you have to be prepared especially when you bump your post 6 times. i havent seen anyone do that since sgt with his flavor saturday posts.

Yeah yeah, as is typical in this world of ours, there's always someone eager to try and spread some ridicule when someone else is trying to build something of worth.

Look buddy, I know you think we're a joke of a production company, and you're entitled to your opinion. But we're trying to build something real here, something lasting. We're building an ongoing series of events characterized by the QUALITY of the music, by the QUALITY of the performers, by the QUALITY of the attendees, and by the QUALITY of the venue.

This isn't a meat market, and this isn't just a random one-off event. We've been building these parties for four months (last night's Phenomenon marked our tenth event at Games Depot), and it's been an uphill battle from the very beginning.

We've got people like you joking, teasing and ridiculing us every step of the way. Why? Because we're a non-traditional production company. We don't throw our events at glitzy, glamorous clubs. We don't choose to exclude the 18-21 element simply because of their age, preferring to allow anyone to attend our events as long as they're reasonably mature. We continually book a WIDE range of electronic styles, catering to the TRUE MUSIC LOVER rather than just staying devoted to a specific style. And instead of catering to a drinking or a drugged-up crowd, we cater to the oldschoolers, to the music lovers, to anyone who prefers QUALITY over quantity.

Think what you like about us man, I really couldn't give a fuck. My friends and I are in this scene for the LONG haul, and we're not about to just fade away. We're slowly and steadily building a reputation as an extremely dedicated and principled crew of die-hard music lovers. We're in this SOLELY for our love of electronic music. And despite the differences and despite the negatives, we're managing to build a very successful series of ongoing events characterized by their QUALITY, not their size.

So yes - 37 people at a small cybercafe event, a non-standard venue with no liquor served, charging $5-$10 a head so we can make a small profit while still covering our expenses while there's multiple free events going on all around us, is definitely what I'd call a successful night. Though it's not much, last night we turned a $55 profit which will go right back into the business, into a bank account that does nothing but generate cash so we can further expand our equipment so each of our new shows will be better than the last.

Think what you like about us, and ridicule us to your heart's content. It won't change what we're doing, and it won't alter us from our path. The people who feel what we're striving for WILL find us - it just takes time, passion, and dedication - three elements which my crew has PLENTY of.

Respectfully Yours,

Mitchell Waas

The Euphoria Project, Inc.

easy there killer

4 months and you have 37 people. congrats, also thats no cyber cafe its a store that sells video games and comic books. thank you for everything and i look foward to you bumpin your post next week 30 times.

:rofl:

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's a cybercafe - as of this week they have a full menu of snacks and appetizers, sell coffee and tea, and have three convenience-store coolers full of sodas, juices and energy drinks. That covers the cafe part. Three sofas and something like 80 chairs, plus the indoor and outdoor chill areas covers the lounge part. The nine computers with games and high speed internet covers the cyber part. They don't sell comics, but do sell video games during their normal store hours - after dark it turns into a full-on cybercafe.

In the next two weeks they're beginning renovations to install sinks and a full bar with countertop and barback, which they expect will be done by the end of January. By that point they'll be fully up to code and will be getting their beer + wine license, which will then complete their cybercafe conversion, enabling us to start bringing in real crowds.

Then the tiki bar goes up on the rooftop, and by mid-2005 it's on - then you'll see other promoters trying to come in and throw their events at this place - then you'll see where the Euphoria Project's been coming from, working from the ground up to build something genuine and lasting - a positive contribution to our scene as a whole.

Some people just don't understand, anything worth doing can't be done overnight. A year from now when this place is thriving, then we'll see what snide, condescending remarks you have to make then. Judging by your "I'm better than everyone" attitude, I'm sure there'll be something you can nitpick.

lateron

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's a cybercafe - as of this week they have a full menu of snacks and appetizers, sell coffee and tea, and have three convenience-store coolers full of sodas, juices and energy drinks. That covers the cafe part. Three sofas and something like 80 chairs, plus the indoor and outdoor chill areas covers the lounge part. The nine computers with games and high speed internet covers the cyber part. They don't sell comics, but do sell video games during their normal store hours - after dark it turns into a full-on cybercafe.

In the next two weeks they're beginning renovations to install sinks and a full bar with countertop and barback, which they expect will be done by the end of January. By that point they'll be fully up to code and will be getting their beer + wine license, which will then complete their cybercafe conversion, enabling us to start bringing in real crowds.

Then the tiki bar goes up on the rooftop, and by mid-2005 it's on - then you'll see other promoters trying to come in and throw their events at this place - then you'll see where the Euphoria Project's been coming from, working from the ground up to build something genuine and lasting - a positive contribution to our scene as a whole.

Some people just don't understand, anything worth doing can't be done overnight. A year from now when this place is thriving, then we'll see what snide, condescending remarks you have to make then. Judging by your "I'm better than everyone" attitude, I'm sure there'll be something you can nitpick.

lateron

are they really getting a sink and coolers? your correct i am sure after they get those things all the davey promoter will be jocking them. you have definatly proven that you do have the vision beyond others in the EDM world to have the ability to identify GAME DEPOT as the next hot spot. the one word of advice i have for you after looking through your picture gallery on your website is to be careful. your a really old guy that hangs with highschool students. if BILL KAMAL went down then that should give you some kind of signal to maybe to start throwing parties for some people your own age. i know that young people are easy to influence especially when its about the music, spinning glowsticks and rubbing vapor rub all over their young faces. just be careful because its not going to be pretty when the davie high school police come knocking on your door. hopefully they dont confiscate your blacklights.

are they really getting a sink and coolers? your correct i am sure after they get those things all the davey promoter will be jocking them. you have definatly proven that you do have the vision beyond others in the EDM world to have the ability to identify GAME DEPOT as the next hot spot. the one word of advice i have for you after looking through your picture gallery on your website is to be careful. your a really old guy that hangs with highschool students. if BILL KAMAL went down then that should give you some kind of signal to maybe to start throwing parties for some people your own age. i know that young people are easy to influence especially when its about the music, spinning glowsticks and rubbing vapor rub all over their young faces. just be careful because its not going to be pretty when the davie high school police come knocking on your door. hopefully they dont confiscate your blacklights.

Wow, I really feel bad for you. It must be difficult living in such a dark world of hatred and disgust for your fellow man. I'm certain it's also got to be a very lonely existence, as well.

Anyway, I'm sorry friend, but perhaps you didn't realize, high schoolers are typically in the age range of 14-17. I've never once thrown an all ages event, and my door people are extremely scrupulous about checking IDs. We throw 18+ parties, and while SOME of our crowd is in the 18-21 range, the VAST majority of the people that come are in their mid to late twenties, with several regulars in their thirties. At 36, I'm nowhere NEAR the oldest person in our crew who parties.

It's pretty pathetic how you constantly feel the need to belittle my crew's events to get some kicks, believe me when I say it does nothing to change my mind in any way, in fact it simply strengthens my resolve even further. Bill Kemal is more than welcome to come out to our parties, in fact I believe he'd probably have an amazing time. We've been written up on multiple occasions by the press; our last big event Temptation2 had articles in New Times Miami and Broward, CityLink, Street Miami and the Sun-Sentinel. And The Davie Police Dep't has rolled by on only two occasions thus far, and both times we had everything well under control. Our events are 100% legal from top to bottom, with all permits & full insurance in effect. No open drug use EVER goes on at our events and no paraphernalia is EVER allowed on the premises. Maybe back in the old days before we started hiring security to patrol the place, that sort of shit went on, but certainly not in the last year or so.

The people who come to our parties are the type of people who are in the scene purely for their love of the music, not all the glitz and glamour and pretension of a high-profile nightclub. Games Depot will never be the "next big hot spot" to the trendoid clubber masses like yourself, but for the people who enjoy quality over quantity, for the people who enjoy meeting similar souls who love to party in an environment of freedom and tolerance, they'll happily find a home here at the Euphoria Project.

Honestly, I don't know what it is that seems to set your skin crawling when it comes to our events. We're simply trying to provide something different for the South Florida scene. Why does everything have to be the same, so cookie-cutter identical to everything else? Oh wait, IT DOESN'T! I forgot for a second, you AREN'T actually "The Official Judge of Good Taste and All That Is Cool In This World." Damn, for a second you almost had me fooled.

Good job with that one. Hope the pseudo-title fits you well. You certainly act like you believe it.

lateron

Mitch =O )

well you can at least take the $55 you made from your party and spend it at your party buying a new xbox game or the latest batman comic. the reason why i comment on your parties is because of the most rediculous stuff you write on here. have you looked at your previous posts about 15 " inch woofers and new light shows. come on guy your sick fuck who hangs with young young kids and gets them all drugged up so you can touch them like their step daddys did.