Clubplanet Nightlife Community

lost in translation...

dgmodel

my last gf was from Japan, her english wasnt really all that bad, they teach it all through school there, but it still took a while before we could really communicate. we ended up being together for more than 2 years, and we're still on good terms (she went home to Japan and i dont want to wait indefinitely for her to come back or me to go there)

in some ways i think it actually helps... for one thing, you're both more careful with your language so that you can understand each other, and because you have difficulty understanding each other at first, not only do you try harder to understand, but you ask what they mean more often, and get offended by innocent comments less.

that's what bodylanguage is for

i dunno in the long run...

yeah but in all seriousness how does one communicate on bodylanguage alone~!? how about jokes, or serious discussions, or even being introduced to their family or yours~!?

Yeah just look at Lane Myer and the chick from France

lmao... prolly the best post ive read all day... lol...

I think out of all of the sex board guys/girls you give the most insightful and helpful responses....keep up the good work :aright:

is that sarcasm~!?

my last gf was from Japan, her english wasnt really all that bad, they teach it all through school there, but it still took a while before we could really communicate. we ended up being together for more than 2 years, and we're still on good terms (she went home to Japan and i dont want to wait indefinitely for her to come back or me to go there)

in some ways i think it actually helps... for one thing, you're both more careful with your language so that you can understand each other, and because you have difficulty understanding each other at first, not only do you try harder to understand, but you ask what they mean more often, and get offended by innocent comments less.

you bring up some very good points...

...esp if you have any cerebral side to you at all, lmao.......

non-existant... when it comes time to use my brain, im like a chimp in front of a computer i just bang it and slap it and make all sorts of noises... then begin to masturbate and take a nap...

"Lets gets ready to ruuuuuuuumble!"

lol...

• 3 months later...

i dont think its possible... communication is extremely difficult... jokes go over each others heads, phone talk is minimal and doesnt get intriguing because you cant go into detail... blah... chalk it up to a learning experience...

I'm sure that you could have a very passionate physical relationship, but I don't think that it would really be possible to progress beyond a few dates or just being fcck buddies or whatever...communication is the most important part of a relationship..

My best friend had a heated summer fling when she went to Italy, like this really passionate, physical relationship...and he stills calls her back here from time to time, but she kinda wishes that he didnt because she realizes how hard it is to communicate...she was crazy about him while she was seeing him, but in the long run, it just wouldnt work out..