Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So theres a trance party on weds (not that i care but i know some of ya like trance)

So i was at NA last night for steve porter and three and then bounced over to cielo for francios k's party. Anyhow at cielo i met a few peeps who are throwng a TRANCE PARTY tomorrow night wed at KARMA i think they said the basement.I had the flyer with the information but i lost it at the after party. So i just figured i would say something to this board.

It was fun from 9pm till about 11 or so but i left to cielo to dance i hate being in a room with about maybe 75 people or so and being the only one getting down. And i like mostly everyone who was there and kno them from ther boards and parties. It was mostly a bday celebration for someone more than a steve porter set. Steve is good liked him at crobar liked him at cielo liked him at NA. And ive said it b4 i use to like trance as well from about 1996 till 1999/2000ish then i realized it all sounds the same and went back to my roots.

Wednesday nights @ Karma is mostly if not all PSY- Trance. Please peeps make sure that you understand that. I have noticed that alot of peeps in that particular scene like to call "their" (psy) trance , just simply Trance..... they generalize it. So for all of you who never went to Karma on wed. ..... it's PSY Trance.......and as we all know there're big differences between the styles.

Yeh I've been wondering about that.. I'm not really into trance but occasionally I'll check out some goa or psy trance just cause the crowd is usually alive and the music is enthralling.

so is there a difference between goa trance and psy trance or is it the same?

well, I got a 3 cd set called " Clubber's guide to Goa Trance". I got it after my first few times at Tsunami. What's on the cd pretty much sounds like that, but then again I was told Djs at Tsunami Parties play PsyTrance. Then someone awhile back said that Oakenfold used to spin Goa back in the days, which I absolutley cannot confirm. The stuff I know from Oakie does not sound like that at all. So basically what I'm trying to say is..... I am just as clueless about it as you. Maybe Goa is the softer , not so harsh , kind of PsyTrance. Just like there is classic / melodic trance and hard trance. Every style has diverted itself in so many subcategories in the last some 5-6 years. It's getting more difficult to keep up with it every year.

I've been by now to a few more PsyTrance parties and I can somewhat tell a difference between what I like and what absolutly not. Some Djs play a more progressive style with some sweet melodies in it , or more with a house baseline, then others play the real hardcore stuff with crazy soundaffects, wich to me sounds like unbearable noise. There's alot of people that actually like that.

yeah so...... best is to venture out and make your own opinion and experience

I think I'll go tonight, though I have to work tomorrow , but it's been awhile...... so maybe I see some newcomers tonight........