Clubplanet Nightlife Community

no more Saab for me

bigpoppanils

you still drive your parents car?

we were splitting a lease 50/50 (the payment and the cap cost). when I moved out in october they took over the full lease payment.

both me and my parents were looking at lease deals, and we realized that we would rather share one nice car than get two galants or civics.

we were splitting a lease 50/50 (the payment and the cap cost). when I moved out in october they took over the full lease payment.

both me and my parents were looking at lease deals, and we realized that we would rather share one nice car than get two galants or civics.

so basically you share a car with your parents. i have my own lease. id rather have my own acura than share a mercedes e-class with my mom. a mercedes 500, well thats another story... why pay anything though, why not just borrow their car when you want to use it and pay nothing towards the lease? i always thought that was the benefit of sharing a car with your parents ;)

so basically you share a car with your parents.

used to

id rather have my own acura than share a mercedes e-class with my mom.

so would I. but even the RSX was out of my price range. three years ago I was still in school and working part time. all i could afford was $250 a month for both insurance and car payments....that didnt leave me with too many options.

why pay anything though, why not just borrow their car when you want to use it and pay nothing towards the lease?

thats exactly what i'm doing now.

used to

so would I. but even the RSX was out of my price range. three years ago I was still in school and working part time. all i could afford was $250 a month for both insurance and car payments....that didnt leave me with too many options.

thats exactly what i'm doing now.

oh good deal! that is what i would do too if i was in school or coulsnt afford payments. i can barely afford them now considering my insurance doubled when i moved :( i know what you mean though, pointless to sink a bunch of money into some stupid hundai when its not what you want.

oh good deal! that is what i would do too if i was in school or coulsnt afford payments. i can barely afford them now considering my insurance doubled when i moved :( i know what you mean though, pointless to sink a bunch of money into some stupid hundai when its not what you want.

Insurance in Cali is higher than NYC?

i just drove it....

it most certainly handles better than the Saab. it is also MUCH faster.

the ride is a bit smoother, and it feels more solid. The interior is better built.

I have 3 main gripes: the brakes are oversensitive, the sound system is dull, and the electronics are extremely overcomplicated.

so basically, it's not as fun?

:( man. that sucks. Mercedes has had several nice cars recently but the majority of their lineup seems to be expensive, numb and overcomplicated.

actually it is more fun to drive than the saab, just not as much as I was expecting. i definitely have more confidence in it as far as cornering goes.

i just drove it....

it most certainly handles better than the Saab. it is also MUCH faster.

the ride is a bit smoother, and it feels more solid. The interior is better built.

I have 3 main gripes: the brakes are oversensitive, the sound system is dull, and the electronics are extremely overcomplicated.

u'll get used to the electronics....as far as the sound system maybe your 'rents would agree to add a couple 10" kickers and an extra amp to give it more punch :idea::biggrin: