Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what are people deciding on for new year's?

weyes

everything is too expensive and sub-par, i've determined.

i don't want to touch anything giant, and it'll most likely be too cold to celebrate outside; whose bright idea was that :shaky: ? i don't even have enough moolah for christmas presents; how can i pay for any of these parties? and i'd like to do something semi-interesting for my birthday on december 27th.

i don't drink, but i would on new year's (champagne is traditional), so there's another expense... and there's usually so much traffic and drama and pressure on parties.

so, one of our friends has asked if we think he should throw a party. that is to say that he will, if he thinks people are interested. not a big affair or anything, but music, intoxication, ya know the deal. and i've found that staying home has had better results on new year's than most times that we've gone out (last year's digweed event being an outstanding exception). and i always like being able to talk to my friends; there always seem to be good conversations on new year's, somehow. screaming over the volume of a club is something i can pass on, this year. the only bummer is that not all my friends would be invited to this party --- but who's to say that everyone would've wanted to go out to the same party, anyway?

what is everyone else thinking about for new year's?

everything is too expensive and sub-par, i've determined.

i don't want to touch anything giant, and it'll most likely be too cold to celebrate outside; whose bright idea was that :shaky: ? i don't even have enough moolah for christmas presents; how can i pay for any of these parties? and i'd like to do something semi-interesting for my birthday on december 27th.

i don't drink, but i would on new year's (champagne is traditional), so there's another expense... and there's usually so much traffic and drama and pressure on parties.

so, one of our friends has asked if we think he should throw a party. that is to say that he will, if he thinks people are interested. not a big affair or anything, but music, intoxication, ya know the deal. and i've found that staying home has had better results on new year's than most times that we've gone out (last year's digweed event being an outstanding exception). and i always like being able to talk to my friends; there always seem to be good conversations on new year's, somehow. screaming over the volume of a club is something i can pass on, this year. the only bummer is that not all my friends would be invited to this party --- but who's to say that everyone would've wanted to go out to the same party, anyway?

what is everyone else thinking about for new year's?

LALate will have a lineup coming in a few weeks.

Also, preparties are usually the most fun of NYE, hannging with friends and similar.

I usuaully look forward to something good for new years! couple years back Leanne and I booked rooms at the tremont hotel in Boston with tickets for the party downstairs at the roxxi.. She wanted it to be memorable and it was considering she didnt realize how much champagne she had and lets just say paper hats dont catch fluids very well :pint: ,, but I had a great time nonetheless!!

Last year I had a party at my house and my band played. Th eturn out was only ok but at 11:15 my drummer decides he wants to go get pizza w/ his girl and we were like were gonna play another set we'll just order. Well he left and said he'd be right back. Well he never came back, never called and his drunken uncle decided he'd fill in on drums for us not knowing any of our songs lol!!

This year I plan on hanging out and instant messaging with Leanne lol!! Wont be too bad since we'll get to celebrate the new year twice. Once my time zone and once hers!! WOOT I dont forsee anything extrodinary coming to pass to do as far as a party and have no desire to go out to a club but we shall see. safer to stay in and maybe have a couple friends over but my friends all suck these days :gang:

Birthday noted weyes :type: