Clubplanet Nightlife Community

won't have fun without u

clubbrat

we will be in vegas the wed after xmas - mon after new years. have spent many hours online :type: checking out what new clubs have opened since last time and reading ur reviews (thanks :) ) , but i'm not really finding the answeres i was looking for. can anyone tell me anything cool going on that week? (we already plan to be at ice for new years) i guess i was really looking for theme parties or places where people often get dressed up funky and fun :hat: and also some good djs (hard house or something - no rap). hope to stay mostly on the strip but would really like to stay away from places that attract a lot of gawking tourists :shoot: who seem like they've never been inside a club before (is that possible? :what: ). anyway, any help is appreciated - thanks. (yes, i know i use too many smilies - they r fun :tongue: )

I think the only real party that will have plenty of costumes will be Rubber's event at the Orleans arena.

Hard to avoid the tourist in many clubs though. But Tangerine or Mix on a wed has a mainly local crowd so that should be good. Also, the only spots in town that feature house is Tangerine's patio, Mix, Tabu, Ice, OBA, Drai's and Seven. Seven is kinda crappy right not but coming Jan 7th is a whole new afterhours. New promoter and new resident dj.

I hope they do well there. 7 was kind of a bust for after hours. Not sure how the crowd mix will do, going from straight hip-hop to all electronic.

I'm curious, from a former promoter stand point, are they going to clear out the club before the after hours? Or will they leave those in the club in and let others come in after?

I'm curious, from a former promoter stand point, are they going to clear out the club before the after hours? Or will they leave those in the club in and let others come in after?

That should be the interesting part. I know that usually around 4am we try to play slow jamz, r&b and sexy music. Once in a while, around 4:30am or 5:00am we speed it up again, with Earth Wind and Fire or even house and tribal and stuff like that. A lot of people enjoy it because it is a TOTAL change of pace from the rest of the night. When the after party launches, a strategy like that should kick it off pretty nicely -- When we use that type of music strategy, the remaining crowd is pretty compatible with the type of crowd Verdugo will bring.