Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dumb settlers at it again...

kramadas

Israelis Compare Pullout Plan to Holocaust

Tuesday December 21, 2004 2:16 PM

AP Photo JRL112

By JOSEF FEDERMAN

Associated Press Writer

JERUSALEM (AP) - Igniting a public uproar, some Jewish settlers said Tuesday they will soon start wearing orange stars on their shirts in a provocative campaign comparing the government's Gaza withdrawal plan to the Nazi Holocaust.

The announcement was the latest escalation in the settlers' drive to block the pullout. On Monday, settler leaders called for mass resistance against the withdrawal - even if it means going to jail.

Settler activists in Gaza said they would distribute the orange stars - reminiscent of the yellow stars that Jews living under Nazi rule were forced to wear - this weekend.

``I want to raise my voice to show that this is illegitimate, to shake the people of Israel to their core,'' Arieh Tzur, a resident of the Ganei Tal settlement, told Israel Army Radio. Tsur, the son of a Holocaust survivor, said survivors who live in the Gaza settlements support the effort.

Even so, the campaign touched a raw nerve in Israel, which gained independence in 1948 in the wake of the Nazi genocide that killed 6 million Jews. An estimated 250,000 survivors live in Israel, and any mention of the Holocaust in a public forum remains an extremely sensitive subject.

The comparison dominated public debate Tuesday. Images of a Gaza woman wearing the star on her lapel ran on the front page of one Israeli newspaper, and Israeli radio shows discussed the settler campaign nonstop.

``This is a very troubling comparison,'' Shevah Weiss, a Holocaust survivor and former parliament speaker, told Israel's Army Radio.

The Nazis put Jews ``into gas chambers, killing them, crushing their bones, spreading the remains in great piles all over Europe,'' he said. ``What is going on here?''

The settler campaign was condemned by the Simon Wiesenthal Center, a human rights group that focuses on Holocaust issues, and the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial center.

``The plan to wear orange stars perverts the historical facts and damages the memory of the Shoah,'' said Yad Vashem's director Avner Shalev, using the Hebrew word for the Holocaust. He urged the settlers to refrain from using the stars.

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon plans to withdraw from Gaza and small parts of the West Bank next year. After spearheading the settlement movement for decades, Sharon says the continued occupation of Gaza, where 8,000 settlers live amid 1.3 million Palestinians, is untenable.

For months, the settlers tried to fight the plan through political means. However, Sharon has outflanked them, forcing them to turn to tougher tactics.

On Monday, settler leaders endorsed a call by a prominent leader to resist the withdrawal - even if it means going to jail.

``The proposal to expel Jews from their homes is an immoral decision and a breach of human rights,'' said Bentsi Lieberman, head of the Yesha Settlers Council.

It was the first time the settler leaders have publicly advocated breaking the law. The withdrawal plan includes jail sentences for settlers who refuse to leave their homes.

Lieberman said the settlers oppose violence and would not use force against soldiers involved in the evacuation. But others, including President Moshe Katsav, worried the resistance could turn violent.

In 1995, Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated by an ultra-nationalist Jew opposed to his peace efforts with the Palestinians.

Israeli security officials have warned of the likelihood of violence, and believe there are several dozen settler activists who could carry out attacks.

Israel's police chief, Moshe Karadi, said Monday the Gaza evacuation will be much harder than Israel's pullout from the Sinai peninsula two decades ago. That pullout, part of Israel's peace accord with Egypt, led to violent clashes between Israeli soldiers and settlers in the Sinai.

``This greater difficulty is because the settlement in Gush Katif is completely ideological, based on faith,'' Karadi said in a speech. ``The evacuation will be hard to execute, but if it is not (done), this will be dangerous for Israeli democracy.''

Many analysts said the settlers are growing increasingly desperate as their options for blocking the withdrawal dry up.

``This is what we can expect to see in the coming months: a furious hurt community, some of which has despaired and is prepared to take any violent action, and a leadership that is forced to line up behind the threats of the militants,'' commentator Nahum Barnea wrote in the Yediot Ahronot daily.

``This is a dangerous game of brinksmanship, and judging by past experience, is liable to end in disaster,'' he said.

Funny how they make such a big deal about "kicking Jews from their home is a sin" whilst, these are the very people who displaced thousands of Palestinians from their homes into refugee camps, and settled on their land!

Haven't been here in awhile dickbag, did you miss me?? Of course you did.

Funny how you continue to spread lies & even funnier how you seem to think that there is such thing as palestinians & it's their land,

These settlers are just as bad as the terrorists in the peace process. I find it funny how these right wing religious sect insist on keeping this land, but will not send their kids to fight in the army.

Yeah asshole, they're as bad as the terrorists, they blow themselves up amonst palestinians right? It's manditory to serve in the Israeli army, show me documentation where the settlers are exempt from this.

Yeah asshole, they're as bad as the terrorists, they blow themselves up amonst palestinians right? It's manditory to serve in the Israeli army, show me documentation where the settlers are exempt from this.

you don't have to serve if you're orthodox jew.

Why don't you go back to your nazi pals and stay there. We all know anything that requires an IQ of more than 10 is beyond you.

The ultra-orthodox Jews obtain exemptions from military service on religious grounds.

dumbass

The ultra-orthodox Jews obtain exemptions from military service on religious grounds.

dumbass

listen you fucking mongoloid, not all the settlers are ultra-orthodox, the ones that aren't are not exempt from service, you dumb fuck. Now go eat a dick.

The jews should of kicked all the palistinians out of the country after the war.

I agree, throw all the arabs the fuck out. Ban Islam over there.

There are hardly any Jews that enjoy any freedoms in the backward camel humping arab countries, no need for arabs to live in a democracy. Those that refuse to leave - firing squad. Fuck all them.

they won't. the arabs tried before & failed miserably. it would be a war between a modern army against inbreds who recently discovered the wheel.

I see you're back from your celebrations, little shithead pipsqueak.

You're really stupid - haha recently discovered the wheel. Your "modern" army would not exist if not for the numbering system invented by the Arabs. Go read some history, dimwit!

no i am saying if they lost the last war, do you think the muslims would of let them live there.

The war happened because the Jews started immigrating in mass numbers in land occupied by Arabs. There was relative peace until the zionist movement in the early 1900's whereas the Jews wanted their own land dominated by Jews. In the formation of Israel in 1948, hundreds of thousands of arabs were kicked out of Israel (hence the right of return of refugee demand).

You are not getting what i am saying. If isreal lost the war there would be no jews living there, whereas isreal let the palestines stay.

I'm saying it wasn't theirs in the first place. Its like me coming to your house, kicking you out, then allowing your children to live there.

Now when you want to take back the house, and happen to win, would you let me live there?

I'm saying it wasn't theirs in the first place. Its like me coming to your house, kicking you out, then allowing your children to live there.

Now when you want to take back the house, and happen to win, would you let me live there?

Are you saying there were no jews living in this area before the war in 1949 or 1917?

Look this land was "owned" by a shit load of different people from the beginning of time. Now the ottoman empire was in control of this land until the decided to side with germany in ww1, they lost britain took control. This is what happened to land of losing countries. That has been going on from the beginning of time. You lose a war you lose your land. This probably would not happen today but back then it was par for the course.

my point is after ISreal was attacked and won they took more land but let the people stay. If they lost the land would of been split up and given to the countries that attacked and the jews would of been completely destroyed and I can just about gaurentee they would not be living in this area.

You are not getting what i am saying. If isreal lost the war there would be no jews living there, whereas isreal let the palestines stay.

exactly, the difference between the jews is that their religion isn't based on hatred of other religions.

and raver_fag spare me the whole "koran preaches peace, blah blah" bullshit, history has proved otherwise.

now go suck a dick.

my point is after ISreal was attacked and won they took more land but let the people stay. If they lost the land would of been split up and given to the countries that attacked and the jews would of been completely destroyed and I can just about gaurentee they would not be living in this area.

You are 100% correct sir.

Are you saying there were no jews living in this area before the war in 1949 or 1917?

Look this land was "owned" by a shit load of different people from the beginning of time. Now the ottoman empire was in control of this land until the decided to side with germany in ww1, they lost britain took control. This is what happened to land of losing countries. That has been going on from the beginning of time. You lose a war you lose your land. This probably would not happen today but back then it was par for the course.

OK, I'm not saying there were NO jews living there. I said the problem started when the zionist movement started and the jews instead of living peacefully decided to kick out most of the arabs living there and call it a jewish "homeland". In the process massacred a bunch of British people, civilian and military.

Wait, so you're saying that in a war, the winner can do anything to the people who used to live there. Even civilians. Ethnic cleansing (it does not have to be murder to be ethnic cleansing). There is a difference between what WAS done and whats RIGHT. Israel did kick out a large number of Palestinians after it won the war. They basically have herded them into concentration camps/refugee camps much like the blacks were herded into tiny pieces of land in apartheid south Africa. Do you believe apartheid era south africa was a good thing since they won the "war"?

Because, by that logic of "you lost, tough" - the result is what you see today, terrorism. Sharon's aim when he was general, or whatever the hell he was, was to rid the land of "every Palestinian man, woman, and child.

exactly, the difference between the jews is that their religion isn't based on hatred of other religions.

and raver_fag spare me the whole "koran preaches peace, blah blah" bullshit, history has proved otherwise.

now go suck a dick.

son, I realize you are the bastard son of an Arab camel-herder but don't blame the religion for your mommy running away with a Muslim.

history has proved otherwise?? hahaha - tell me what has history proved about CHristianity? You're so dumb its getting tiring schooling you in history. Who the hell do you think invented the zero on which the modern number system is based? The muslims were exceling in arts and science whilst the christians were running around intheir horses slaughtering each other. A thousand or so years ago, Baghdad was considered the world center for philosphers, scientists, and great thinkers.

Next time learn your history before you make a fool of yourself.

today that shit would not happen but from the the beginning of time until after ww2 it was standard practice.

Britain "won" the land and made isreal i think that was in 1917 or so. Now 40 year later egypt jordan and such attacked and lost. Isreal took more land to protect itself,create a buffer, between them and all who hate them. There has been bad shit on both sides.

Now if jews lived in "palestine" during th ottomon empire wouldn't they be entitled to land after the ottomans were defeated?

Palestine was split up and 80% of the land was set up for arab people. That became jordan. I do not see the injustice. Both people lived in that area, when it came time to split it up the arabs got 80% of the land because they made up most of the population, the jews got 20%. The jews were attacked and won so they took more land.

My point is if the jews lost the people would of been slaughtered and that land would of been split between jordan egypt and iran (i think).