Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Times Square On New Years Eve, Need Help Please!!!

I know that Times Square is going to be crazy on New Years but I have never been and want to go. The obvious advise is to get there early. Does anyone else have any suggestions as far as how to get close to or at least in viewing distance of the ball dropping. I heard rumors of needing a ticket to get past certain police security and baracades. Is that true? Any advice would be helpful.

I know that Times Square is going to be crazy on New Years but I have never been and want to go. The obvious advise is to get there early. Does anyone else have any suggestions as far as how to get close to or at least in viewing distance of the ball dropping. I heard rumors of needing a ticket to get past certain police security and baracades. Is that true? Any advice would be helpful.

Went once like 5 years ago. Didn't need anything, just to show up. I've heard they have mad security now so it takes longer to get into the area. Don't bring anything like bags or whatever. We showed up aroun 11pm and got to stand near Dick Clark's stuff when he came out. Was kinda cool, cheesy but fun. You have to be pretty close to see the ball drop from the street level (obvious reasons).

my roommate went like 4 years ago. she got there around 6pm! ummm, i just remember her saying that you couldn't leave your spot to pee or anything. sooo, don't drink anything and dress warm. oh also, she said she was surprised that there wasn't any entertainment until like 11.30. (prob a little exaggerated)

That is one of the absolute worst places to be on NYE. Unbelieveably crowded, next to impossible to find a bathroom, freezing and overall an annoying experience. Did it once years ago and would never do it again.

i can't imagine it being any fun.....

its all in what you make of it. We did it as one of those things you check off your list as having done. Would never do it again, too many people and way too cold. Is something everyone should do once :)

weeeeeeellllllllllll should , could , would...... werrrrrrrrrr I pass..... see the ball drop I can do in the comfortness of my home...

Standing there for a 20 second count down, freezing your ass off, stuck among thousands of people,....no thank you for me. Best view is at a friends party. Its like watching a christmas tree lighting, your waiting around for someone to flick a switch.

But is you want to do it or have done it, the more power to you.

Standing there for a 20 second count down, freezing your ass off, stuck among thousands of people,....no thank you for me. Best view is at a friends party. Its like watching a christmas tree lighting, your waiting around for someone to flick a switch.

But is you want to do it or have done it, the more power to you.

its all in what you make of it. We did it as one of those things you check off your list as having done. Would never do it again, too many people and way too cold. Is something everyone should do once :)

I've never done it but this is the way i feel about it too. If you wanna do it, go for it, just make sure you dress real warm!

I went a few years ago but I didn't make it there til about 11:30...only got as close as 35th St. I definitely would not recommend it, because the only way it would be fun is if you were drunk, but you can't get drunk b/c there's no place to pee. If you are set on going I would definitely take the recommendation of not drinking anything and getting there VERY early, b/c I'm sure they will close off the spots close to the ball.