Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD @ Ikon review

Got there around 9:30 and stood in line for about 40 minutes which sucked; but at least it wasn't too cold outside. Opening DJ was definately on point (anyone know who he is?). By the time the new year rang in, the place was packed and everyone was going nuts. The shows were pretty good, with the exception of that robot guy. How f'n lame was that? He had on these springy shoes and was trying to jump around and almost fell about 6 times. Crowd was so-so; lots of Asians (of whom I have nothing against) but it would have been nice to see a little more diversity. At least everyone was getting down and having a good time. By the time PVD came on at around 12:30 there was very little space to dance (it's NYE, so I expected that). PVD played a really good set (had some ups and downs but I was impressed overall). I left around 4:15 or so b/c it was just too packed and too hot in there. Good time overall though. Happy New Year!

Got there around 1am. It was very very packed and hot. The music was "ok". I've heard better from PvD. I think he was moving from hard to soft too frequently and I really couldn't get into the groove. He was also messing with the bass a little too much. He went on and on at some points with no bass, trying to create some effect but I didn't think it worked very well. I danced for a couple of hours but it was too crowded and it was impossible to keep at it cuz of being bumped or pushed constantly. I left around 3-3:30am. All in all, its what I expected it to be. Crowded, "songs of the year" type set and lots of ppl rolling their asses off.

Does anyone remember..lol what he played???

he spun some sick new version of system f "out of the blue" song was fucking ridiculous... the only tracks i remember are

freefall "skydive"

underworld "born slippy"

motorcycle "as the rush comes"

that song that goes "i know you want me" cans omeone hook a brother up with a track name??

lol dont really remember much of the music... it was too hot and cold.. but he had a few tracks around 4-5 that were just ridiculously hard... like scot project type hard... the night was amazing though... wound up meeting people form all over the hemisphere... los angelos, toronto, maine, delaware, san diego, minnesota... interesting night.. and i ran into some girl i was seeing back in high school... that was a trip too...

but the worst part of the night was the shadiness at the end... it took us about 20 minutes to get out... i heard about the stabbing in the club and when i saw cops waiting outside i thought they were gonna check everyone on the way out... that completely freaked me out... but luckily no searching when you got outside... they were just telling people to go home... all in all a good night... left at like 530... went to crobar.. waited on line for 5 minutes and then realized my body was shot... yeah this review is probably really scattered... but what are ya gonna do???

definitely a good night last night. started off the night with a huge ass line, which was moving really fast actually so that wasn't really a big deal. got in, coat check like was just as long as the line outside so i just said fuck it. the opening dj was doing a really good job, he had more energy than an opening dj usually has, he was spinning with some energy already, and then pvd just picked it up from there. i thought he spun a good set, trancey and hard in parts, later on in the night he was spinning some really hard beats.

crowd was what i would expect out of ikon, which is not a compliment. but i did meet a ton of cool people last night. randomly bumped into these two kids from canada, one of them was the kid that made the ibiza's children documentary that was hosted on tranceaddict, i don't know if anybody's had a chance to watch that, it's sick. it seems like there was a ton of people out of town.

didn't find out about the whole stabbing bullshit till i got into crobar, people there thought ikon was shut down. i didn't see anything happen inside, they kept it pretty quiet, fucked up that people gotta do that shit in clubs, especially on nye. anyway it was a good night except for the downer at the end. got to crobar for some afterhours but only managed to stay for a little bit, got in free so what the hell, anyway, boris gets a big thumbs down, womp womp womp the whole time.

hope everyone had a fun and safe night!

yeah i swear to god boris only has one track that he plays constantly.

i had a great time @ ikon. crowd was the usual but surprisingly not as bad as expected. and even though it was packed as hell i still felt there was more room to dance here than when he played at like roxy and shit and everyone just stands there.

so are there gonna more parties @ ikon? whats going on with this space. i always hoped it would have some renaissance but now i actually wish it would just die. that place really is cursed and the neighborhood sucks, so out of the way of everything else

The opening DJ was Jon O'Bir, who is celebrating his 21st birthday, and is one of the hottest up-and-coming DJ's

He's a resident DJ at Godskitchen in the UK.

Last August, I saw him open for PVD at the Gatecrasher/Vandit Night at Heaven in London

Look out for a set of his on the Essential Mix some time in the next few weeks.

The opening DJ was Jon O'Bir, who is celebrating his 21st birthday, and is one of the hottest up-and-coming DJ's

Last August, I saw him open for PVD at the Gatecrasher/Vandit Night at Heaven in London

i DL his promo sets from his website...def on point

damn, i met him last night and he looks even younger than that

too bad he doesn't play in nyc

:)

what time did the ikon close

i was there til 5:30-5:45 and it was still going strong... and im pretty sure pvd was still spinning at that point...

why the fuck is someone bringing a knife to an edm event???? this is def not good... i hope that whoever got stabbed had it coming to them or else it's a scary thought that you might get stabbed while minding your own business...

Does anyone remember..lol what he played???

surprisingly.... actually I do remember hearing quiet a few classics...

and "Time of our lives" always my fav

I do have to say his wife is a Bitch....... she needs to get a grip on her mans stardom and that there will always be chicks that want to get close to him or get a autograph, eventhough he's not the prettiest to begin with. I heard she attacked a girl inside the booth, just because she wanted an autograph. And on the way in I saw him and her behind him and she was pushing people out of the way..... what a rude bitch.......

But all in all I had a good time.....

surprisingly.... actually I do remember hearing quiet a few classics...

and "Time of our lives" always my fav

I do have to say his wife is a Bitch....... she needs to get a grip on her mans stardom and that there will always be chicks that want to get close to him or get a autograph, eventhough he's not the prettiest to begin with. I heard she attacked a girl inside the booth, just because she wanted an autograph. And on the way in I saw him and her behind him and she was pushing people out of the way..... what a rude bitch.......

But all in all I had a good time.....

how come you didn't come by and say hi?

and maybe his wife is just being protective

or she's just nuts