Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steve Lawler : Lights Out Miami : 2005

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
State is only open from 10-5 and there is an opening DJ. Lawler wouldn't want to go on at 10 when the place just opens and is half full.

Aside from that - 5 hours is a pretty long set (Aside from NY standards where DJ's play marathon sets for 8+ hours)

Isn't he used to playing long sets? um Twilo? I wanted to check him out cuz never heard Lawler live but 5 hours is really nothing.

Isn't he used to playing long sets? um Twilo? I wanted to check him out cuz never heard Lawler live but 5 hours is really nothing.

We admire your iron will to dance all night, i imagine you're wearing comfortable shoes.. well let's see, we've gotten this before.. "why is the event so short?"- "why only a 5 hour Lawler set?"..

it is true, the city of miami beach only allows us to go until 5 am at state..however, we prefer this also because it gives the night a definitive ending.. the event and steve's set is really designed to build up and intensify the event.. just ask others who attended last year.. it was undescribable the energy.. specially during that last hour.. and noone will forget that ending sequence..

also anyone who underestimates a Clive Henry set needs to really get with the program.. this guy is an AMAZING DJ and creative mind.. he's not a warm-up DJ at all! he rocks all over the world, and not to mention: DC-10 in Ibiza to bits!

Although Steve has performed some memorable longer sets, undoubtedly his best sets are his 5 hour sets at Harlem Nights at The End in London.. Lights Out is a whole other experience on its own.. come check it out and you'll understand.. it's well worth it, believe me.. just ask others like pizzacheaze who were there..

maybe for you it is

I have never seen a bad word written about this event, its perfection, I'd advise getting a ticket if you want to witness the party of the conf as I can imagine its close to selling out.

5 hours is well enough in one place, then I go somewhere else for afterhours. At 5am the night is young, but the next night, and the next night, and the next night is another fucking bomb of a party I have to attend.

Go to Space afterwards then and see Morillo and company. :bounce:

I will def be there.

Exactly - its the perfect length - especially for the conference b/c you can stay for the whole party and then catch afterhours somewhere else (MORILLO on the patio!!!). As far as DJ sets go - quality is way better than quantity. I'd rather hear a 5 hour banging set than 10 hours of a rollercoaster ride w/ lots of filler music

This party has been going on for a few years now w/ the same format and I haven't heard a complaint from anyone who went

Exactly - its the perfect length - especially for the conference b/c you can stay for the whole party and then catch afterhours somewhere else (MORILLO on the patio!!!). As far as DJ sets go - quality is way better than quantity. I'd rather hear a 5 hour banging set than 10 hours of a rollercoaster ride w/ lots of filler music

This party has been going on for a few years now w/ the same format and I haven't heard a complaint from anyone who went

i'd rather hear morillo on a roller coaster ride in miami . woot

roller-coaster.jpg

Morillo won't be a roller coaster ride b/c he is doing 2 seperate sets - 1 inside and one on the patio w/ at least an hour break in between, and his sets aren't really what I would call a rollercoaster (Maybe b/c I haven't heard him play longer than 5 hours straight)

JP's 24 hours sets on the other hand - but you can expect that when someone is going for that long. You can't play full throtle for that amount of time w/out changing things up BIG TIME.