Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My review of Mix

vegasguy25

Wednesday night I finally made it up to Mix, the new lounge atop THEhotel at Mandalay Bay. Jonathan Neil was in town for CES, so I had the perfect occasion to check out on of Vegas' newest hotspots.

You start out by entering a glass-walled elevator on the first floor of THEhotel. As you ascend the tower, the city comes into view, giving you a hint of what awaits you upon stepping off the elevator on the "64th" floor. I remain confused as to why Vegas hotels feel the need to inflate the floor number for rooftop clubs, but I digress.

Upon stepping off of the elevator, you are immediately thrust into one of Las Vegas' most beautiful nightspots. Think futuristic, Jetsons-style decor, but with darker colors. This place simply oozes class. The exterior walls are floor-to-ceiling glass, offering a panoramic view of Las Vegas, including the best view of the Strip I have yet seen. I know this phrase has become almost cliche at this point, but I have seen the Strip from every angle, from every rooftop club in this town, and let me tell you, this is the best view yet. The patio, while not large, offers ample seating, and an unobstructed view even if you are sitting down. The designers of this venue definitely realized the view is one of the stars of this town, and take advantage of it to maximum effect.

The staff is both attractive and friendly, as well as attentive. Upon returning with my change after a little over five minutes after paying for a drink order, the server apologized for taking so long. In a situation like this, when the venue is busy, I don't expect the server to try for the world speed record in returning with my change, but it was a nice, thoughtful touch, and I appreciated it. I was also pleased with the musical selection for the evening. It is nice to hear house music once again becoming fashionable in Las Vegas clubs and lounges. For the dedicated among us, it was never out of fashion, but for the people in charge to rekindle their appreciation for house music, that is definitely a welcome development.

The verdict is that Mix has a very bright future ahead of it. The venue is white hot right now, having been featured in a pictorial in magazines such as Player, and it's star can only burn brighter from here. With the recent opening of the accompanying restaurant of the same name, helmed by French culinary legend Alain Ducasse, Mix will be a Vegas mainstay for a long time to come.

Nice review, it sounds great. I dont know why but there is just something cool about being at a rooftop club with good views of the city. I hit foundation room on monday when i was in vegas last and everyone i was with had a ball. I cnat wait to go back and check out Mix also!

Wednesday night I finally made it up to Mix, the new lounge atop THEhotel at Mandalay Bay. Jonathan Neil was in town for CES, so I had the perfect occasion to check out on of Vegas' newest hotspots.

You start out by entering a glass-walled elevator on the first floor of THEhotel. As you ascend the tower, the city comes into view, giving you a hint of what awaits you upon stepping off the elevator on the "64th" floor. I remain confused as to why Vegas hotels feel the need to inflate the floor number for rooftop clubs, but I digress.

Upon stepping off of the elevator, you are immediately thrust into one of Las Vegas' most beautiful nightspots. Think futuristic, Jetsons-style decor, but with darker colors. This place simply oozes class. The exterior walls are floor-to-ceiling glass, offering a panoramic view of Las Vegas, including the best view of the Strip I have yet seen. I know this phrase has become almost cliche at this point, but I have seen the Strip from every angle, from every rooftop club in this town, and let me tell you, this is the best view yet. The patio, while not large, offers ample seating, and an unobstructed view even if you are sitting down. The designers of this venue definitely realized the view is one of the stars of this town, and take advantage of it to maximum effect.

The staff is both attractive and friendly, as well as attentive. Upon returning with my change after a little over five minutes after paying for a drink order, the server apologized for taking so long. In a situation like this, when the venue is busy, I don't expect the server to try for the world speed record in returning with my change, but it was a nice, thoughtful touch, and I appreciated it. I was also pleased with the musical selection for the evening. It is nice to hear house music once again becoming fashionable in Las Vegas clubs and lounges. For the dedicated among us, it was never out of fashion, but for the people in charge to rekindle their appreciation for house music, that is definitely a welcome development.

The verdict is that Mix has a very bright future ahead of it. The venue is white hot right now, having been featured in a pictorial in magazines such as Player, and it's star can only burn brighter from here. With the recent opening of the accompanying restaurant of the same name, helmed by French culinary legend Alain Ducasse, Mix will be a Vegas mainstay for a long time to come.

Killer review. Thumbs up.