Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Free Microsoft AntiSpyware Program

HAZE

If some of you don't know, spyware is the number 1 cause of recent computer problems. There are many programs out there (I use Ad Aware SE and Spybot) but it seems that they don't catch EVERYTHING.

This new Microsoft program supposedly catches everything.

Get it now while it's still free.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en&Hash=S6C53V5

Thanks to Dimitry for the link. ;)

:hat:

Let me ask you something about ad aware and the programs to remove it...

There was one program. I forget which one. But when it scanned for adware and found it. You get to the step to remove. And when it removed the adware it would also delete the .dll file associated with it. Causing major problems with the computer. Had to restore to an earlier time to fix the problems.

Ad aware I ran once and it came up with something like 400 files or threats. Meanwhile Norton and the AOL one come up with like 12 regularly... What is the deal with adaware and if you delete all the threats do you have to be careful when doing it. Or are there steps to take to not delete important files...

Talk to me!

Let me ask you something about ad aware and the programs to remove it...

There was one program. I forget which one. But when it scanned for adware and found it. You get to the step to remove. And when it removed the adware it would also delete the .dll file associated with it. Causing major problems with the computer. Had to restore to an earlier time to fix the problems.

Ad aware I ran once and it came up with something like 400 files or threats. Meanwhile Norton and the AOL one come up with like 12 regularly... What is the deal with adaware and if you delete all the threats do you have to be careful when doing it. Or are there steps to take to not delete important files...

Talk to me!

AOL spyware program is a joke.

AOL IS SPYWARE

They only find spyware that they is not theirs and that they don't have partnerships with (Weatherbug, Wild Tangent)

I always remove ALL Critical Objects and Negligible Objects (on Ad Aware) and I've never had a problem. The Microsoft one finds some stuff that the other ones don't, plus it hooks you up to everyone else who uses the program so once a new type of spyware is found on one PC, that new definition is pinged all around to everyone else and it updates the definition files.

This Microsoft one is the only one you need, but they are going to charge for it eventually.

*Note* Sometimes the Microsoft one finds programs that you probaly don't want to remove. I have Kazaa Lite which is Kazaa without the spyware, but it still comes up. Pay attention to what you remove.

...i'd entertain a mac if i had the money....i hope my sister gets one so i can scope hers out first....

actually, there is supposed to be an affordable mac (mini mac) coming out on tuesday 1/11. supposedly it's less than $500.

If you can't afford a mac, there is always linux and you can get a program like wine to run your windows software in linux. And it's all open source, so if you have time, you can makes mods to it personally.