Clubplanet Nightlife Community

J Abe versus Chrebet

He is an employee... If he goes out there and wrecks his knee, the Jets will drop him like a sack of potatoes. Then where will he be? I understand being accountable to your teammates, but being able to take care of your family is far more important...

spoken like a true product of our generation

...and this is what pissed me off, this type of thinking, when I heard all those jagoff NBA stars like Jason Kidd and T-Mac using that fucked up excuse for not playing for team USA......and looked what happened

these monkeys outta be shoveling shit in the swampland of Louisianna rather than claiming to be a "professional" athelet

...and this is what pissed me off, this type of thinking, when I heard all those jagoff NBA stars like Jason Kidd and T-Mac using that fucked up excuse for not playing for team USA......and looked what happened

these monkeys outta be shoveling shit in the swampland of Louisianna rather than claiming to be a "professional" athelet

T-Mac & Kidd are already paid. They got their contracts. If they hurt themselves they're protected. Abraham is a couple of months away from being protected. It's just not worth the risk. If the extra week gives him more time to recover and gives him piece of mind then let him have the extra week. It's not like he's missing the rest of the season, he should play this week.

some comments......

1. believe contract or no contract, chrebet would be on the field no matter what. he's someone with true passion for the game.

2. regardless of this b/s by abraham, the jets most likely will franchise him next year. i, too, would not sign him to a long term deal. so now since he'll be under contract for only 1 year, will he pull the same shit again?

3. i hope lamont goes out west and not to the dolphins - that dude is big and fast

-g.g

The system/league does not give a damn about him...why should he sacrifice his body like that when he's only a few months away from the largest payday in his life?

Also, there is no way the Jets will franchise Abraham, cause they'll go through the same thing next year if he's hurt....and he does get hurt A LOT.

i think they will "tag" him since the reward is so great and the risk is only 1 year. he's the only d player the jets have with the potential to take over a game.

wise choice to wrap-up ellis to a long-term deal cause he's more durable. don't forget if abe gets caught boozin' again, he faces a 4 game suspension.

-g.g